Search results

1. J

Looking for Absolute Sound Scott 370 tuner review 89

I can confirm that issue 89 does not have a review of the Scott 370 tuner. Issues 50, 52, 59, 67, and 78 have articles by Steven Stone on vintage gear but as you stated, the Scott tuner article in issue 52 does not mention the 370 model. The only other print article I can think of that covers...
  2. J

well tempered classic speed issue

Eatapc, xlnt, thanks!!
  3. J

The Official Well Tempered Audio Thread

Thank you Barncats for your pictures and information. I have one minor correction, an addition, and a question. The plinth on my WT Reference is made up of 4 separate Fountainhead layers. The top 2 and bottom 2 have a very thin blue layer in between which leads me to believe it is Isodamp...
  4. J

well tempered classic speed issue

Eatapc, do you know what Sota belt works with the WT? I recently ordered a couple of WT belts from LP gear. A few days later, I got an email from them stating that it was out of stock and they didn’t know when it would be in stock. Thank you.
  5. J

MC2505 9300uF modern filter capacitor replacement part # sub?

I have a MA5100 and have been doing research for on replacement filter caps and stumbled onto this thread. My unit was worked on last year by a Mcintosh authorized service center and pretty much all of the electrolytic and film caps were replaced except for the ones in the power supply which...
  6. J

NS-2000's from HiFiDo

I would love to read your impressions of the 2000's vs the 1000x after you spend some time with them (and you have them properly setup with stands). The 1000x has been on my "bucket list" for a while.
  7. J

NS 1000 Magnet Shift

Thank you all for the responses. Is Mr Watkins a member here and can anyone vouch for his work? Thanks.
  8. J

NS 1000 Magnet Shift

Hello all, first post here. I am the unlucky recipient the the dreaded Yamaha woofer magnet shift. My speakers are the NS 1000 ebony models and second hand woofers are more difficult to find. I have read through some threads on how to try a DIY fix for this. I don't think I am up for trying this...
Back
Top Bottom