Search results

1. vman96

Kind of impressed with this! SA-730

I bought the entire component system in 1982 “Syscom-7” which I still have and enjoy listening to. I think it was around $1200 which was quite expensive for me then and I had to finance it. It is a robust system, proved to be very reliable over the years. Just two illuminating light bulbs in...
  2. vman96

SA-9100 Input noise

I’ve had the amp for about 7 years and it has performed quite well. All electrolytics including large filter caps and most trouble transistors have been replaced, deoxit job on all switches and pots several times. There is an issue which has been there from the day one and never been addressed...
  3. vman96

SA-9100 main caps

I got the same filter caps installed on my SA-9100 about a year ago. It seats there under the paper dust cover :music: and plays so good that I don't wanna mess with them for now. However it is an easy replacement with screw on terminals. You meant rectifier diodes on board AWR-031. My amp has...
  4. vman96

SA-9100 transistor question?

Thank you for your help!
  5. vman96

Hello Mark and thank you for your reply! Hope you're feeling better!! Here are the actual transistor numbers in my unit, they are identical for both channels: q1 A774 q2 A774 q3 C869/26D q4 C869/26D q5 A628/25D q6 KSC3503D -has been replaced q7 KSC3503D -has been replaced q8 D358/33C q9...
  6. vman96

Datasheet looks good, however they are not cheap - $2.31 a piece. Probably gonna need to buy more than I need to be able to match Hfe
  7. vman96

Cartridge for Pioneer pl-530

Nothing beats Denon DL-110 for the money. For slightly under $200 you can still find it on Ebay from Japanese or German vendors if I remember correctly . I've used it with success on my PL-71, which I believe have a similar arm as yours. Just make sure you're looking at the earlier variation...
  8. vman96

It took me a while to trace down the thundering noise in the left channel of my sa-9100, since it was intermittent and appeared once every 2-3 month for a short duration of time. It is 2sc869 - q4 position in the output stage of the power amplifier - 023 board. There are two of them on each...
  9. vman96

Pioneer PL-540 Questions

I see what you're saying.. Well, the service manual will help to troubleshoot specific circuitry/components. If you'll get stock with it, I'd suggest posting this on Pioneer forum; there are more than few individuals very proficient in Pioneer equipment will give you a hand!
  10. vman96

Pioneer PL-540 Questions

John, I would recap the unit first, there is good possibility that one of the caps not doing it job, after all those years.. Besides the table will benefit in a long run..
  11. vman96

MTF back in hospital, just informational...

My best wishes Mark.. You'll be back at no time bro!
  12. vman96

Correcting Display Instability and Speed Issues: DT Timers

It's a great piece of information gentlemen, thank you very much!
  13. vman96

Pioneer SA-9100 Rebuild list

Cornell Dubilier are good quality metalized stacked film capacitors equivalent to Panasonics, now you have choices..
  14. vman96

Pioneer SA-9100 Rebuild list

Hi rbspop, You can use Wima MKS2 series film caps for small values instead of obsolete panasonics: 505-MKS2.22/63/5T 505-MKS20.47/63/5 MKP2 (polypropylene) would be even better, but I don't think they make them in 0.47uf value. Hang on for a while, perhaps someone will give you more info on...
  15. vman96

Pioneer DT-510 Display Flickering

I got DT-530 with exact symptom you're describing. Never got deep into it but would like to find out the source of the problem..
  16. vman96

SA-9100 phono stage question..

This issue puzzled me for a while Larry. All the values are correct and caps are in proper places. Voltages are increased one or two steps up from the originals. No resistors have been changed. All the caps on EQ boards are Elna Silmics, tantalums in one position still there. I've been...
  17. vman96

SA-9100 phono stage question..

For some reason after recap my amplifier sounds great when connected to turntable with 12 foot cable. With 3 footer or shorter it sounds dull, like frequency roll-off. I’ve tried this on three different turntables with the same result, something wrong with loading. All three cartridges are...
  18. vman96

SA-9100 filter caps?

Thank you for your reply Oldsansui441, These caps won't fit, 100mm are too tall
  19. vman96

SA-9100 filter caps?

Mainly I listen to Jazz - mostly vinyl, low to medium volume level. System sounds very smooth. I think It'll benefit in a slight bass increment, if it will be noticeable on those levels.. Caps are 80.7 mm high, I got to make sure they won't interfere with upper cover.
  20. vman96

SA-9100 filter caps?

Thank you very much!
  21. vman96

SA-9100 filter caps?

Thank you for your reply rcs16, No, I haven't measured them yet. The entire amp has been recaped and I assumed that refreshing main filter caps will improve performance even farther..
  22. vman96

SA-9100 filter caps?

I'd like to replace main filter capacitors in my beloved sa-9100 and the only part number I have is: Vishay/Sprague 36DY153F050BM2A. At mouser electronics they are $62 dollars a peace which is overly expensive. Can anyone recommend drop in alternatives for more reasonable price from...
  23. vman96

SA-9100 left channel intermittent noise

I checked q1,q2 transistors, they both good - 2sa774A I have a set of 2sa726 on EQ boards, they're behaving so far :yes:
  24. vman96

Why, did you have similar problem?
  25. vman96

Mark, I forgot to mention, while the noise was there and I was looking for a source, I re-soldered all six leg joints of both drivers. That didn't fix it. I'll go there again and inspect all the joints of the surrounding components in that area. Who knows :scratch2:
Back
Top Bottom