Search results

1. I

SE Michigan Get-together 1-14-2006 pictures

Thanks Doug for hosting! Sorry this is belated- I have not visited AK in awhile...besides all that phono section and gear upgrade took alot of time. Great sound and great food great people!!!! I continue to be impressed with your "Toy/Parts" acquisitions- not to mention your system. BTW I...
  2. I

Edgarhorn Seismic Sub

Seismic- just 2 coats of clear varnish on the Baltic Birch Ply- Nuttin' fancy It is huge- but in my setup it is fine. Before that I had twin older 12" stereo sub . I twas fine But the way Bruces seismic integrates sonically withe the rest of the front horn of his design makes them...
  3. I

Edgarhorn Seismic Sub

Edgar horns and Sub I have both I am veneering the 350 horn and designing the carrier support to the 80 hz and the tweeter. I love them :banana: Best i have had especially when you appreciate low powered SET tube amps which I do. I have been hobbying and attending shows off and on for 35...
  4. I

Speakerman's Edgar Horns

I kow what you mean....my edgar's have been down 3.5 weeks and I have another 5 days before I get to hear then 3 or so days for positioning and some room furniture changes :worried: :cry: I am sure that arsenal of sub woofers will do the job How did the placement on short wall work...
  5. I

Speakerman's Edgar Horns

Sorry I forgot to remove the "regards Ron" after copying your whole page; above Imtweaked
  6. I

Speakerman's Edgar Horns

Re: To: ImTweaked [COLOR=purple]
  7. I

Speakerman's Edgar Horns

Congrats onyour Edgar Horn Titans!!!!! Mine has been playing for1 months. The super tweet is still unbroken in. I ended up with Fostex 925a 2249/2441 aluminium diaphram ; d 130 : ans edgars 2240H seismic Bottlehead pre and Paraglow2s are backing em All I can say is I should have done it...
  8. I

A/D/S 300 (aluminum cabinets)

Are you talking about the ADS 300 C 4 ohm(?) I have a pair from the late 70s. Need recone though. Do they have original cones and surround available?
  9. I

Horn speaker

Hey Grumpy give me a call maybe we can set it up. It is unfinished currently working on mechanical isolation and veneer scheme. Tweeters are not here yet. email me . If you still have my number from before the Southfield event call. It is one of those " I wish I did it sooner " thang for me...
  10. I

Horn speaker

Any Edgarhorn Titan owners in Detroit area ? I am finalizing mine and would like to exchange notes
  11. I

Altec 353a question

All of a sudden I got respect for it ! Somewhere I found a guy who will sell the manual - I hope to find that site again:)
  12. I

Altec 353a question

Radioactive WOW! I did not realize its value. Holy Cow. Well this really give me incentive to do a good job to restore it. Thanks. I will be in touch:D
  13. I

Altec 353a question

Altec353 Ben and Radioactive Just talked to my buddy and he still has the amp - holding iot for me till I get to LA this summer. I will keep you inform when I get it shipped here this summer Boy I am glad he did not throew irt out in the trash as he said he would have if I didn't call Cheers:D
  14. I

Altec 353a question

RadioActive Thanks for the input Chris. Actually this is an old friend of mine who heard that I am into tube amps - thought of me and said he will give it to me a year ago. I hope he still has them; an older TT and a bunch of records. were also promised. Honestly , I dont think the ubnit is...
  15. I

Altec 353a question

Radioactive thanks Appreciate the info much I noticed 5 x 12ax7. Not familiar with the other tube. Wonder how it sounds Thanks again
  16. I

Altec 353a question

I may have a chance to get a earlier than 1965 serial # 6179 353a stereo amp. All I know is that it is a 50 watts ( total or per side?) I am thinking of using it as a mono horn sub amp. How does it sound? What tubes are involve? I would appreciate any advice and input
  17. I

Oh Glorious Foreplay!

Wardsweb Simply gorgeous! That is a mighty fine ass - I mean bottom of the 2A3! :) What camera took that beautiful shot. I am in the process of buying a digicamera Regards
  18. I

Oh Glorious Foreplay!

Every incremental with FP does make a difference. Good job with the quality of craftsmanship to you both. Panasonics electrolytics and pdmps etc are important especially using the 52 mfd in the last e- cap SWhispers can be improved with relatively inexpensive DACT unless you wanna go my route...
  19. I

AK Fest 2004, Southfield, MI Pics

Sorry for the srewup in trying to quote below.... new to site:confused:
  20. I

I've followed his posts...but man, the price is getting up there. I'd love to see/read your opinions on the stock versions Vs the modded unit. I have a denon and a sony 333es and came across this SACD1K. I seem to have saved 6db since modding it. i.e. I play at least 3 clicks less redbook...
  21. I

Bauhausler I thought I did!...the elf is Doc Bottlehead. It is my tribute to him for the Full bottlehead system I buildt. Thats why I said (tongue in cheek) "Dang it is the spitting image of him" Grumpy Just wanna say THANKS as part of the Team to set AK =Fest up. I know and appreciate the...
  22. I

oops forgot to answer your Q No tooling money or machinist relatives- Yes copper fittings Actually have not polished since VSAC. Fingermarks all over Oh ! there is a remote control for volume - Lost my exercise program:smsex:
  23. I

Thanks I have used the word ecclectic with my Audio packaging enclosures. Spent 30 years doing black boxes and middle ground enclosures for general market - it does get to yer :) Even the awards were appreciated but the satisfaction wanes... When I decided to get back to audio DIY I kept...
  24. I

Bauhausler They also make a unit for use as a step up for phono use....I have heard it and it is smooth..pricey but smooth. John has a forum where the people are helpful also. gonefishing Yes thats my preamp and Thanks for the compliment. It took ahwile to complete :) Too many projects ...
  25. I

Thats a figure of Doc Bottlehead. Dang - it is his spitting image! It is really a Bottlehead Foreplay preamp highly modded TVC used as volume attenuators S&B TX 102 copper windings. Check it out at Bent Audio ( John Chapman) Can easily be adapted for use as passive attenuators :uzi:
Back
Top Bottom