Search results

1. I

Montgomery Alabama to Austin / Dallas / Houston?

please let me know, if I can get some help I will bid on some dining chairs I'm after. Thank you and of course I will comp for the added burden.
  2. I

Virginia to Texas / Louisiana / Oklahoma?

I'm thinking about bidding on my dream couch on that auction site... Problem is, I'm in austin and there it is in Alexandria. Total stretch, but is anyone coming this way AND can safely transport a small couch? Of course I will be more than happy to pay for he service. I will meet you in one of...
  3. I

What cd/dvd player matches my sony da-777es?

tLooking for the cd player that was marketed alongside this sony receiver. I cant find anything online. Both the cd players from sony i have that are of around the sane era this receiver is from have a slightly different style andeven a marginally different shade of black. Thanks!
  4. I

Loud transformer hum with Sony STR-DA777es

First off I'm pretty handy and I'm willing to really dive into this project. It's a Sony STR-DA777es, a very highly regarded receiver using excellent components. It works great and the sound literally blows me away, but the transformer hum is insanely loud. I've put probably 15 hours into it...
  5. I

Question about how to touch up old Technics tuner (ST-8080)

I got this great tuner today for $10. My locale still has good radio stations and a great and diverse college station so I actually use my tuners. Anyway It works fantastic but is scratched to hell. I've seen and purchased lots of old electronics that were "touched up" to where the flaws are...
  6. I

how to refurbish a dustcover that I can't remove?

So I have what I think is a unique issue, or at least I can't find any tips online. I have a linear tracking Technics SL-7. Now, the lid is pretty scratched up. I'm wondering if anyone has experience refurbishing these dustcover and can give me some advice? the issue is, the dustcover can't be...
  7. I

domestic Japanese tuners?

So I'm trying to find tuners made by sansui in the 70's or 80's but can find nothing on them, if they even exist! So, did sansui make tuners for the domestic market? Where can I find info on them? In particular I'm trying to find a tuner to match my AU-D907G Extra
  8. I

sansui au-d907g extra specs?

Does anyone have them? People say its VERY similar to the au-d11ii, but I'm really looking for specifics and can't find shit Thanks for the help!
  9. I

Modern receiver broken; but can I still use it as a preamp?

The title doesn't really explain the question too well, sorry. So here's the thing. I had a Sony STR-DA2400ES that I used for everything: HDMI, phono, aux, tape, and FM I live in a tiny apartment with my girlfriend so having an all-in-one is pretty important (space issues.) It recently...
  10. I

Buzzing coming from receiver (not speakers), no output works at all. :[

This happened out of nowhere. Everything on my Sony STR-DA2400ES has worked like a dream since I got it. Turned it on today, worked as usual. Turned it on two hours later, and it didn't work. Here's what it does: The screen works. I can navigate the device as I normally would, but nothing comes...
  11. I

what's wrong with my Marantz Model 22?

Picked this thing up for a steal at $40. Didn't have high expectations for it. Plugged it in and practically no sound came out of it. Gave it the old deoxit, and everything works! Problem: everything works for a bit... After a few minutes you start hearing some static. Out of both chanels...
Back
Top Bottom