Search results

1. Trekmaster

Pioneer SX-737 Needs Help

Greeting all, Went to put my 737 back into service as it has been stored for quite awhile and she is having some noise issues. Was wondering if there is a local Tech in Spokane Wa. that works on these units. It is in need of tender loving care for sure the power supply board needs a re-build...
  2. Trekmaster

Found this Beauty alongside the road!

The cab and legs are in great shape. Waiting on a missing rectifier tube to see if she can be saved. All signs point to yes with a little TLC. Doing some basic cleanup while I wait. The cabinet is in great shape speakers have been tested and are working great. Once done this will be a great...
  3. Trekmaster

DYI Record Cleaning Machine

Greetings! I have been using a vacuum system I purchased from SqueakyCleanVinyl.com. for a few years now. For the money works great love the product step up from the Spin Clean in my opinion. But as I've gotten older arthritis and carpal tunnel has set in and that system requires that you spin...
  4. Trekmaster

Turntable feedback!

Greetings folks! Hope everyone is healthy and staying safe! Question for you all. I just recently finished sprucing up my small office listening room. The room is small about 12 X 10 and I've had issues off and on with feedback from the turntables when volume gets up to medium high levels...
  5. Trekmaster

The day the music died!

Greetings, Music is a big part of my life and up until yesterday was my passion. I lost my left ear in the 70's from the russian flu so I've been living in a mono world for quite some time. But my right ear became super sensitive and the music sounds incredible up until yesterday! I was...
  6. Trekmaster

Amazon Music HD App For Windows PC (New Releases Removed)

Greetings, I have been using Amazons Music app for unlimited music. I love it for finding new music. Recently I've been trying the HD and for the most part it is good. However I mainly use the new releases feature to search for new music by genre. Well I noticed this morning that this...
  7. Trekmaster

Going Through Life In Mono

Having grown up in the 50's & 60's & 70's I've always had a love with music. I lost my hearing in my left ear in 1974 from a bout with the Russian flu. It took a while to adjust but actually as in all these type of situations my right ear is actually more acute than a normal one. I put back...
  8. Trekmaster

Vinyl Studio LP's to FLAC played via Foobar VS Reel To Reel Rips.

As you can see by my sig I have a modest system that I put together to match the system and sound I enjoyed back in the 70's. And for that I have completed my goal. As I'm cleaning and re-ripping my LP collection to FLAC I realized something that I wondered if I was off my rocker or others...
  9. Trekmaster

Etta James - at last

Label: WaxTime ‎– 771824 Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Limited Edition, Reissue, 180 gram Country: Europe Released: 2013 Love me some Etta however was wondering if anyone has heard this record. The bass seems to be over emphasized and certain words when pronounced with hard P's or B's causes...
  10. Trekmaster

Is it still possible to email a thread to someone?

I can't for the life of me see where you can do this anymore or is it something that has already been mentioned that will be added? There used to be an email link. I searched but didn't find an answer to this question.
  11. Trekmaster

Empire 2000E/III Bracket Question

Greetings. Long story short my Dual 1219 needs some work so I moved the Shure M97ex/Jico set to my Pioneer. I had bought an Empire 2000E/III a while back and really liked the cart. Well it failed so I purchased a stock empire cart and all was well again. In fact I liked the empire so much I...
  12. Trekmaster

Just Picked Up A Nice Pair Of HPM 900's

I've been watching Craigs list for a year or so now and I finally picked up something I think was a pretty good deal. $150 for a really nice pair of HPM 900's from the original owner who bought them while stationed in Japan. They were re-foamed about 4 years ago. Did a quick listen to see how...
  13. Trekmaster

Audio Skipping From PC to System

Hello, So I know there was a known issue with Itunes audio skipping that was supposedly corrected in a recent update. However It has started again so I tried some of my flac files on foobar and am getting random skipping on there as well. So after googling this issue I see there are references...
  14. Trekmaster

Need help for mono headphone solution.

Greetings, I'll try and keep this short In 1974 I lost the hearing in my left ear. Big bummer since I loved music so much but I have adapted as has my right ear which is twice as sensitive than normal. My main stereo system is fine as I can still find the sweet spot in between my speakers...
  15. Trekmaster

Need Cart Advice

Greetings, I recently acquired a Pioneer PL15D to go with my pioneer reciever. I have a Dual 1219 with a Shure M97ex which sounds great. The pioneer came with an Empire 2000 E/III. The mids and highs sounded much clearer to me than the shure. Unfortunately after a couple of days the right...
  16. Trekmaster

1970's Light-Box Added to Mini Cave!

Greetings, Just finished up my Lite-Box project. I had the fore-site back in the 70's to buy some special plastic from where I worked. I bought 150 sheets. I used to make these all the time but over time lost track of them. Well with my mini cave coming together it was time to make...
  17. Trekmaster

My Humble Listening Space

Well with the wife's approval I finally got my last piece of equipment my Pioneer SX-950 finally came home from a restore done by Pacific Stereo in Cali! She is good as new the JBL'S are making sweet music again. :music:
  18. Trekmaster

Hello From Spokane Washington

Hello To all, I started by Joining the Tapeheads forum but I need to know about the rest of the audio world so I really should have started here first! I've been tuned into audio from the late 60's and early 70's, so yes I'm a geezer born in 55. My first system was a little 25 watt Sansui with a...
Back
Top Bottom