Search results

1. darkhawk22

Pioneer P-D70 ( Another chance for completion)

He goes by Sawdust on here :)
  2. darkhawk22

Pioneer M-22 Repair/Restoration

Good luck on your M-22 restorations. Having restored one myself I can say they are excellent sounding units once restored and the offset is closely matched. I did not replace the larger 33000uf caps just the other internal ones along with the power supply board diodes and metal film capacitors...
  3. darkhawk22

Pioneer m-25 power transistors info needed !!!!

Reviving this thread to see if there are any other alternatives to these? Mark any ideas? My amp is working great but wouldn't mind having some for any future issues.
  4. darkhawk22

Pioneer M-25 Class AB Power Amplifier

Nice, yes I'm actually going to be adding different feet to my M-25 like I did with my M-22 previously. They are shown below, all rubber for better isolation and also taller for the cables and air flow to go through.
  5. darkhawk22

Pioneer M-25 Class AB Power Amplifier

Ok, so the rebuild of my M-22 Class A amplifier went very well! The units run hot and are limited to 30 Watts so I thought, what the heck, maybe I'll look for an M-25 as it's Class AB and runs cooler and will go up to 120 Watts. Well I had a search on for a while and one popped up on eBay. I...
  6. darkhawk22

Pioneer M-22 Rebuild

M-22 is working excellent! Cleaned the relay again and it has been working great ever since. Sounds great! Recently found an M-25 as well, will post pics of that one.
  7. darkhawk22

Pioneer Relay ASR-026 replacement

Sorry for the delay, yes it's a 24VDC coil. Looks like they are using a DPST relay with the contacts paired. These relays have a recessed mount on the amp case and have a bottom flange that is secured by screws. I'll see if I can get some dimensions.
  8. darkhawk22

Pioneer Relay ASR-026 replacement

Anyone know of a replacement for these? I've ordered an OMRON MY2 series that is similar but too large for the recessed area where it needs to go. Any help appreciated.
  9. darkhawk22

Pioneer M-22 Rebuild

Tapping the left relay fixes the issue. Anyone know a replacement?
  10. darkhawk22

Pioneer M-22 Rebuild

Some good news, the 2SA744 replacement came so I checked pins to left side to measure voltages and had the same approx value on the right side. I installed the 744 and powered it up and all went well. I set the idle current to 850 right on after 10 Mins. Set the outputs to approx 0mV, one was...
  11. darkhawk22

Pioneer M-22 Rebuild

Thanks for the input, yes I tested all the main output transistors and only one was showing a short. The replacements are from a reputable vendor, haven't gotten those yet. I ordered some replacement pots from Digikey to install prior to installing the replacement output transistor. Too bad...
  12. darkhawk22

Using an NTE5802 in place of a 30D2 diode?

Thanks for checking! I was wondering as I had ordered the NTE5802's after reading somewhere they would work then couldn't find the article or forum entry again. Also, when I looked at the specs for the 30D2's and the NTE5802 they are right in same ballpark. That area of the PCB gets a lot of...
  13. darkhawk22

It's on an amplifier circuit, M-22 Pioneer
  14. darkhawk22

Just checking to see if anyone has done this before? They are near identical in values but wanted to verify prior to installing. Thanks for any help?
  15. darkhawk22

Pioneer M-22 Rebuild

Also, prior to installation I wanted to verify. I ordered for the 30D2 diodes a replacement type NTE5802 - 3A @ 200V.
  16. darkhawk22

Wood cabinet for pioneer?

He is currently looking for more Walnut to make the cases. They are solid and I can verify he does exceptional work. I have one of his cases on my SG-9500 EQ and one on my P-D70 CD player (this one is more of a cover that just slips over). Both look beautiful!
  17. darkhawk22

Pioneer M-22 Rebuild

Ok so boards are recapped, the relays were cleaned, still had intermittent sound on one of the channels. I opened it up and went to test voltage across relay, Pop, and smoke from the right side. I narrowed it down to one of the 2SA744's and noticed that I did not have one of the capacitor...
  18. darkhawk22

Pioneer M-22 Rebuild

Hey Guys, I've just purchased an M-22 and it's in great condition for the age. It works well but cuts out on the right channel at low volume. I'm going to do a recap of the boards and replace the switching relays. I've ordered most of the caps but i need some help crossing the ASR-025 and...
  19. darkhawk22

My PD-M70 CD Changer Has Morning Sickness

Just curious where you found the belts? My P-D70 player has an issue with the tray slipping when opening.
  20. darkhawk22

What's Pioneer in your rig?

My pioneer system Here's my rig: PL-530 fully refurbed SX-980 original mint condition (inspected) RT-707 original mint condition (inspected) SG-9500 fully refurbed CT-F9191 fully refurbed and serviced HPM-100's original condition Near mint (inspected) will probably rebuild crossovers at...
  21. darkhawk22

Pioneer sx1050

Just wondering how you hooked up your SG-9500 EQ Greg? I have one on an SX-980 and so far can only run it through the Tape monitor circuit and not through the pre-amp input/outputs due to impedance issues I believe (I get lots of hiss). Thanks and here's a couple pics of my system.
  22. darkhawk22

FF/REW fix ctf-8282,9191,1000 RXA-581, NOT DIY

Help, I need one of these sleeves :) Any help appreciated! I have a CT-F9191 that I just recently replaced the belts on but it still has the issue of no FF or REW. Thanks!
  23. darkhawk22

Refurbishing a Pioneer SX-980

I have some faderlube on order. After cleaning, the face looks like new. Now I'm working internally and will probably recap the power supply board as one of them is bloated/puffy. Also waiting on the new bulbs to come in the main. After everything is checked/cleaned I'll recheck the phono...
  24. darkhawk22

Thanks for the tips! I have some DeOxit and plan on working on the switches in the near future. I'm still mainly in the inspection stage.
  25. darkhawk22

I purchased an SX-980 from good ol eBay recently and of course it was listed as all functions tested and working properly. Well as to be expected some did not. The FM and AM tuners are working and the output circuit seems to be working well with the exception that the right channel took a few...
Back
Top Bottom