Search results

1. A

Singles that knock it out of the park for you

Tracks that stand out, not just on the album, but your entire music collection. Any reason, from recording quality to musician talent, singing ability, anything that when you hear it, you just want to turn it up, stop anything else and just listen with chills up your spine. I have a few that...
  2. A

Train derailment on Ohio, toxic spill.

This doesn't seem to be getting much press, with all the balloons and all, but it looks pretty serious with toxic chemicals, dead fish, dogs, chickens etc.. Prayers for those who live in the small town of East Palestine.
  3. A

Anyone out there prepping?

I thought I would start a new prepping thread, to see and learn how this is being done in different places around the world. I haven't looked into this to see what if any threads on prepping are out there so my apology if it has already been talked to death! For those who may not be familiar...
  4. A

Silent night for an LE85

Been a while since I've been on here. Anyway I'll give a brief rundown on my speakers first and then the problem I find myself in. My speakers are L200's which I have owned since new (yeah I am getting old here). In the past few years I have really did some work on these, first by adding 077...
  5. A

When Windows fails to boot up

Happened this morning, and refuses to start. I'm looking at a blue screen, WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR, and this seems to be a hardware problem but after running HP diagnostics, it doesn't find a hardware problem. Any ideas where to go proceed? The pc is 9 months old.
  6. A

One hell of an Alaskan bush plane..

My wife and her friend are going on a rafting trip on a wilderness river called the Alsek and to get there and land on a lake beach inside Glacier Bay Nat Park, with the crew, and clients, it takes a good sized bush plane. Another flight dropped off part of the crew and rafts out there last...
  7. A

Trailer behind a trailer? Who here has partaken in this besides me?

Went camping, pulled my boat behind my travel trailer. Spent a few hours searching the State code on whether this is illegal and could not find anything that says I can't so long as the total length is under 75'
  8. A

Another Win 10 update, another mess to clean up.

I am starting to cringe whenever MS wants to update my machine. This last one is no different in that I was left trying to figure out what happened to my volume control in JRiver. First found JR was using the wrong audio driver, then the volume was switched to something different. All fixed. So...
  9. A

Went to a neighborhood party last night!

About 25 people, grillin and chillin, margies, beers, what have you, and nary a mask in sight! :banana: It was surreal really, with real face to face conversation from people I haven't really seen in over a year. All this complete with hugs and hand shakes, and all moved indoors after the rain...
  10. A

Thinking on giving Android the boot and going with Apple

Not unhappy with the basic functionality of my trusty Note 8, but have become increasingly uneasy about how the different platforms takes and uses the users information. This can be anything from monitoring (perhaps now with AI) conversations, email, searches, text messages and even phone...
  11. A

700C power button broke. Options?

Well it happened the other day, my 700C preamp's power button will not move in when pushed. Think it feels like something broke and caused it to only move in about half way now. There was no warning, it just went. What's my options if it's broken? I really miss this preamp. :(
  12. A

Lawnmower on a pole! (A Mud Motor thread)

Well this is an experiment. Inspiration came from YouTube videos of some Swede with a similar boat as mine running rivers over there. I originally bought this boat with a 5hp outboard just to go mess around up in the nearby lakes in the Yukon Canada, but now that the border seems like it will...
  13. A

Orca's attack and kill porpoise 300 yds from my house!

This is pretty cool, but not the first time it has happened. Several years ago orcas trapped and killed a seal in the same cove.. All this nature drama right outside my door!
  14. A

First impressions K231 stereo 3-way active analog crossover

SUBLIMEACOUSTIC K231 is a 3 way active crossover suggested to me by member @roger2 that resides upstream from the amplifiers. It is strictly analog, but it has very good specs, and fills a void between the $99 models, and the very expensive brands which are out of bounds for most of our...
  15. A

Tracking down a rattle sound in the house.

Wife has been gone for a few weeks now and I have been playing the music louder than I normally do. My speakers dig deep, down to 23hz +or - 3 db. I have been noticing a rattle on some of the more deep bass tracks. It's so intermittent that I can't tell precisely where it's coming from. It's...
  16. A

Converting balanced to unbalanced. What are my options?

Wasn't sure where to post this thread, but I am considering an upgrade path to my 4x10 Mini DSP which is currently supplying the crossovers for my triamped system. I am looking at this one specifically https://dbxpro.com/en/products/driverack-pa2 or possibly this...
  17. A

Hey Jack Kerouac, what would your take on 2021 be?

Not too great I would think. Is this what writers block looks like?
  18. A

Do you use DSP in your system?

Digital Signal Processing. Do you use it (at least knowingly)? It occurred to me when deciding where to put this thread that it is actually utilized in quite a few different ways, from room treatment, to developing active crossovers for multi amp systems, and speaker tuning too. I use it quite...
  19. A

Bear in the commode bites woman in the butt

It has been a hell of a year here for bear interactions. All last summer and fall we had the marauders wandering all over town at all hours of the day and night, breaking and entering homes, businesses, storage units, and cars. Kids have been chased peoples lives threatened. We had one bear that...
  20. A

Should I be happy about this?

I think so!! :jump: What Is Going on With GameStop? Meme Stocks Explained :banana::banana:
  21. A

Man trapped under icy woodpile saved by Siri

A new use for Siri! Quite literally saved his life. "Funny Farm manager Mark Kelly, 50, relied on a weak wifi signal and the iPhone’s Siri voice command app to call for help after he was buried and pinned underneath a pile of snow, ice and firewood on Jan. 4"...
  22. A

Looking for new music download sites

Have been using Qobuz DL site for a while, and like their service but they don't always have what I'm looking for. I usually can order the CD of what I'm looking for from Amazon but they seem to take forever to get here. For most everything, I want 16/44.1 or better but I really don't like to...
  23. A

Trying to get a laptop onto the network

Actually I am trying to transfer files directly from my desktop/music server to my laptop without having to use my NAS drive as an interim go between. When I try to log into the laptop from my desktop it simply refuses to take the credentials . Both computers do transfer files to and from the...
  24. A

I'm back, missed this forum!

Been a hellofayear! Been pretty much stuck in my tiny corner of the world, not able to travel via highway due to the border restrictions with Canada. Also my town (pop 2500) suffered a disaster that made the national news, a mudslide that took out several homes and killed a few people. Hoping...
  25. A

Poll on your willingness to take a CV19 Vaccine

The poll has no established end date, change your vote anytime for whatever reason. And finally, Comments only if non-political! Just your for or against vote is all you need. Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom