Search results

1. J

CR2040/1040 Adapter Switch

thank you very much!
  2. J

CR2040/1040 Adapter Switch

Hi there, can anyone confirm if the adapter switch for the CR2040 and CR1040 is interchangeable? I am going to share a 1040 switch with an owner of an 2040 with a faulty one. many thanks This pic is the switch from the 1040.
  3. J

Yamaha CA-1000 vs A-S801

How much do they HAVE to have a refurb?
  4. J

Topping D50 Bricked?

Thanks tried phone charger, other usb cables etc. no action :( There is a cable that comes with the power supply and i think i have grabbed the wrong one and connected it. is anyone aware of some form of hardware reset?
  5. J

Topping D50 Bricked?

I did do that. I have the topping P50. When i measured i discovered it has 2 power outlets. 15vDC and 5vDC from usb. I've always used the USB by chance...maybe i connected to 15vDC - would this brick the DAC?
  6. J

Topping D50 Bricked?

I have a D50. New DAC arrived so i unplugged, moved and re plugged, now it wont power up. I've searched for ages for a power up sequence reset but cannot find...are these known for suddenly dying, or has something more simple happened? any ideas?
  7. J

Speaker grill fasteners - NS1000M

Anyone know if the parts express one Avionic listed will work on 1000x? The sockets on mine are all shagged :(
  8. J

Ongoing saga of the Yamaha CR-n40s

I still have lots of 1040 stuff in a box in my shed if anyone needs.
  9. J

NS-690iii Foam (Now Refoam Time! Watch me fail.)

Not many bits of kit looks like serious 70s hifi like the 690s Mine will be left to my kids or grandkids.
  10. J

Yamaha NS-2000 1st Impressions

Thanks. Yes i agree on the dependence on positioning. I have spent a lot of time reading and measuring with REW to very carefully position my speakers and my listening position. I spent days listening and moving them 20mm at a time. Mine are 900mm (3feet?) off the wall for example. Small changes...
  11. J

Dragging this one back up as an opportunity presents itself to shift to NS2000 Does anyone have first hand experience listening to NS2000 and NS1000x? I know the evolution at Yamaha was NS1000>NS2000>NS1000x and 2000 was nearly double the cost of the 1000x. Similar drivers, but the 13in woofer...
  12. J

Yamaha NS 690MKI up and running!

I thought you had a speaker that had a shifted magnet for many years? Sorry Tammy, i didnt pay enough attention to the username !
  13. J

@avionic ^^ he repairs shifted magnets!
  14. J

Yep i had them for a long time. My main hifi is setup very nice with 1000x and valves in a treated room...it works almost as well as it can.
  15. J

i got the vented triamp ones. I bought them from a guy who saved them when his mother in law asked him to put them in hard rubbish and he decided to try ebay. her husband bought them new. They are connected to a recieved and my TV so they do my main TV/movie duties and the receiver has...
  16. J

yamaha ns690 tweeter diaphragm/voice coil

Attila Tanka - 0425776941
  17. J

Attila in Melbourne repairs these. I'll try and find his contact info.
  18. J

there is a guy on ebay in the usa who repairs them...but apparently you can scraped the coating and solder those, carefully. You can still buy spares...i have 3-4 but i am not selling them...have a good look around if you get stuck PM and i'll see if i can find you one.
  19. J

Yamaha ns-690ii recap

I recapped mine and it helped with clarity, but not bass. These arent too bad for bass, put them against the wall for more bass?
  20. J

Use a measurement mic, even the internal mic of your laptop and REW and measure the phase...few minutes effort and you will know instantly. Measure each speaker individually from close range, eg under 1m.
  21. J

@808_state this might be a little silly...but you sound like you're reporting one of your speakers being out of phase. Are you positive (<<<see what i did there) that one of your speakers doesnt have a speaker cable reversed? Dont ask me how i know to check for this...
  22. J

I think the position in the room is super important, esp in a smaller room where modes and reflections have an impact. Mine are 1050mm from the back wall....they are 3d/holographic...the imaging and sound stage is mind blowing. Push them against the wall and all of that disappears and the bass...
  23. J

No not really. Not since i set up my room. Part of setting up the room meant moving the 690s out so i could position the 1000x :) They are doing TV mainly, but also music and radio in the main part of our house - so i still listen to them a lot. but its not valve and not beside the 1000x. They...
  24. J

I've used a UMIK and spent many hours finding the optimal position for my speakers and listening position and adding room treatment. In terms of tone, i know what you're saying about the 690, but in terms of clarity, speed and detail, airiness, soundstage and depth - the 1000x is superior. But i...
  25. J

My 690s are doing home theatre duties in 2.0 configuration and i havent really had them side by side my ns1000xw. I used to use them a lot on my CA1000, now i run El34 valves and NS1000xw. They are in my listening space, which is small, but treated and sounding real nice...ns2000 would have to...
Back
Top Bottom