Search results

1. RJolly87

Nakamichi TA-4A no output through speakers

Oh, and for those following along at home, there's likely no speaker outputs because the 5v rail that feeds the speaker selector was taken out by the problem.
  2. RJolly87

Nakamichi TA-4A no output through speakers

Straight up TLDR: Schematics on HFE: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/nakamichi/ta-4.shtml Question: Can I de-pin the +5v wire on CN-20 (main board side) that runs between the amp main board and the Tone control board to sidestep a short to ground? I ask because it looks like it...
  3. RJolly87

On a quest for knowledge - Wintec of America, INC

While my firsthand experience is admittedly limited, I drew the same conclusions through my research. It reminded one individual of Luxman, and through that, each individual repeated it slightly more definitively, and ran with it until it was being quoted as 'fact'. It's what makes this brand so...
  4. RJolly87

Yessir. This current thread is intended to cast a wide net to obtain relatively general info, and possibly technical info on other models so that it may be shared, the second thread will document the technical aspects of my specific unit, specific photos, etc going beyond the scope of general...
  5. RJolly87

Hello everyone! I am currently a proud owner of a Wintec R1060 receiver, and find the lack of information on this and others in the same line concerning. In my research, I was able to come up with very little information. I would love to find even more information (perhaps even some not yet on...
  6. RJolly87

Wintec R1060

I am currently the proud owner of a Wintec R1060 receiver. There is no way around it. This unit is a beast with styling ahead of its time, that, if the internet is to be believed, was designed to outclass both the Sansui and Pioneer equipment of the time (1976-1979). I will be pulling mine...
  7. RJolly87

Montgomery Ward Model 450

I can't believe I never updated this thread. I ended up with one of these units, quite possibly the very same unit. Got it back in May from one of the local audio guys, who may have picked it up from the same person that got it last time. I still have yet to dive in to it, but I plan to drop a...
  8. RJolly87

$59,000 stereo system on CL...

Or it's just a ploy to appease the nagging wife.
  9. RJolly87

Show us your Realistic (Radio Shack) stuff

Not feeling the blue in all honesty, but I do have to admit, there is some very good light dispersion on that from the photos you shared. What bulbs did you go with? Every photo I try and get with my stock APM-200 leaves this big light hotspot at the bottom that washes out the needles.
  10. RJolly87

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

That's a good point, I never have seen a mini HDMI, or even a micro HDMI in the wild ever.
  11. RJolly87

I have a similar observation. I can only ever recall seeing one a couple of times in my journeys. I have also noticed that display port cables are pretty rare birds too.
  12. RJolly87

Mystery stack...

I'm no expert, but my guess would be 80's era Sansui or maybe even house brand (Pilot comes to mind). Strikes me as lower end stuff.
  13. RJolly87

Goodwill finds

I will say this much, if ours priced those units like that around here, they would 1)Probably never get it, but at least they would 2) Put it in the case/behind the counter where knob swipers wouldn't mess with it.
  14. RJolly87

Ours is pretty bad. Even low demand recognizable names (Nat King Cole, Barbara Streishand, etc) get bumped up there. One of the latest 'gems' was a Star Wars OST that got priced at $100 in mediocre condition.
  15. RJolly87

Not sure what to make of this...

Well... I checked the phone number.... it is an actual cell phone number.... so I guess that's a start? Most heavy scammers use VOIP numbers.
  16. RJolly87

Stereo Console ID

I am agreeing with this after looking at the pics.
  17. RJolly87

JBL L100A prices still going up

This thread has me doubting this pricing trend will last forever: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/jbl-re-introducing-the-l-100.804403/page-25#post-12442030
  18. RJolly87

I went to my local GoodWill, and I found this: I was. . . Surprised, which, coming from this neck of the woods, is saying a lot.
  19. RJolly87

Do some research on the BX-100. I have one with similar issues, only they don't actually use belts from what I gather. I just haven't torn in to mine just yet.
  20. RJolly87

Ebay bidding

I don't remember for sure, honestly it was years ago. Just one of them life's lesson I guess. I am probably too laid back as it is to start competing with big time competitors in auctions anyway.
  21. RJolly87

Ebay bidding

You are correct, the high bid prevailed in the end, which is something I take no issue with. I am referring to me putting my bid in, the initial challenger submitting bid after bid until they top my bid, and then canceling the final bid all together. It appeared the sole purpose was to jump...
  22. RJolly87

Ebay bidding

I have been the victim of shill bidding on ebay too, which soured me a bit on bidding early. You know something is up when someone repeatedly bids you up, until they top you, and then cancels their bid. Ultimately the snipe crowd prevailed, but it just kind of ruined it for me.
  23. RJolly87

Montgomery Ward Model 450

Hah, this post was a long time ago! It wouldn't surprise me if it was made by the same folks that made MCS knowing what I know now.
  24. RJolly87

Wow, the back of a GoodWill? You, sir, are my hero. I have been in the back room of several thrifts in my area, but I have never hit it that big at GoodWill! Good work, just goes to show it never hurts to ask!
  25. RJolly87

DC Offset Question - Holiday Model 435

It's not just the right channel that worries me. Even 17 volts DC can spell certain death to most any speaker connected to it. Here's hoping you found that out before hooking anything up to it you cared about!
Back
Top Bottom