Search results

1. F

Sansui AU-5900 power light question

Well Pete, this time, I think I repaired it for real ! Thank you again so much for your kindness and your time ! Keep on the good work !
  2. F

It's the connector to the pins on the board. I don't think I forced the probe, but I might have press too hard without knowing it. If I pull a little bit on the red wire while it's connected to the LED, the LED stays on. If I let it go, it goes off, then back on. The new LED and his connectors...
  3. F

Me again ! The red wire on the connector in pin 13 is loose, it's the reason of the LED shutting down. How can I repair this ? Do I have to change the whole connector ? For now, the light is on, sometimes it goes off, I play with the red wire and it comes back on.
  4. F

As I did what you said, the LED went off and on and stayed on while my red probe was on pin 13 ! I think that the red wire on pin 13 was loose and that the probe stabilized it. Now, it's been on for 5 minutes and it did'nt go off ! Keeping my fingers crossed here ! Thank you so, so much Pete...
  5. F

Hey Pete, Yes, I replaced the R601. It seems that the LED goes off when the amplifier is working for a minute or so.
  6. F

I had a 1.8kohms 1 watt at hand, the LED was lit for a minute before shutting down again. I can order a 1.8kohms at 1/2 at Digikey. Can the difference in watts make the difference ? Thank you
  7. F

I'm learning so much stuff, thank you a lot for your patience and kindness Pete ! The anode and the cathode are on the good pins, like I said, the LED goes on then stops after a minute or so. The forward voltage is 2.2V and the forward current value is 20ma. With the calculator (I found the...
  8. F

Pete, I replaced the LED and the connector. The LED will work for about one or two minutes, then it goes off. I'm clueless now. Thanks again.
  9. F

Me again Pete ! I bought a new LED indicator for 35 cents. When I plug it in the connector, it doesn't work. But, if I play with it a little bit, it lights up, then the second I let it go, it goes off. I guess there is something wrong with the connector. When I test this new LED with the...
  10. F

I have no nothing on the LED, OL on both end. However, I have DC voltage on the connector when I take the time to put the meter probes wisely. So, it looks like the LED is bad ? Francois
  11. F

So, if I resume, there is power in the pins 12 and 13 but no current at all in the connector (white box) to the LED. So, I should replace the connector ? Thanks.
  12. F

The DC voltage between the two pins is 38.75 V. Thank you
  13. F

I measured the resistance on R601, I took it out of the board. It's 2.2 ohms. In the connector, it seems I don't have any current at all, machine on or off. I put the red sensor of the multimeter in the red opening of the connector and the black in the white. Newbie here ... it shows I think ...
  14. F

Hey Pete, R601 gives me 2,20 with my multimeter, which I think is fine ? The LED does'nt light at all now after I played with it, is there a way I can replace it ? Thank you very much.
  15. F

Hey Pete ! Thanks a million, gonna look at it this weekend. The connection looks loose though, the LED "legs" are passing through the connector.
  16. F

Thanks for the answer Pete, here are two pictures I took of the light. The serial number has been scratched by a previous owner, sorry about that.
  17. F

Hello, I changed the relay and some transistors in the AU-5900, everything is working fine (sound is amazing), but since I unplugged and replugged the red led indicator, it doesn't always light up. The machine can be on for an hour and then it lights up, other times, it lights up when powered...
  18. F

Sansui AU-5900 hissing (background noise)

I have a bunch of them at home, I never did that before but I'm gonna search the net to ne sure of what I'm doing. Thanks for the tip !
  19. F

If it's not too much to asked, I would like to have the parts number when you have the chance. Kind of a newbie here :-) Thank you so much !
  20. F

I did what you told me to do and you were right, the left 2sa798 was bad. I put my old right one in and everything is fine now. Sounds a amazing ! I will change the relay though and would like to know how to make my own 2sa798 using low transistors. Thank you, thank you and thank you !
  21. F

The relay number is rabk-2b, I found on one of your threads (I'm becoming a big fan :-) ) that the Omron MY2-02-DC24 would be a replacement for it. Digikey is out of stock, but I found one on the Web at another store. Is it the best one ? I'm goint to buy the freeze spray now !
  22. F

I looked at some threads that you answered to (you know your stuff !), I will try to find a replacement relay (seems hard to find with the number of pins I need). Do I wait to change the relay before going further with my investigation on the background noise ? Thank you again.
  23. F

Thanks, I will try that. I wiggled the relay a couple of minutes ago and the hiss was "disappearing" before coming back. Should I clean it again before swapping ? Thank you again.
  24. F

Hi everyone, I found a Sansui AU-5900 in an estate sale for 75$ CAN. The receiver wasn't plugged for the last 4 or 5 years and was really dirty (smoker house). I cleaned it good, used Deoxit in all switches, pots and selectors (more then once). After a few minutes of working, the right channel...
Back
Top Bottom