Search results

1. J

Comment by 'jimC' in media 'my stereo'

Added another Hsu VTF-3 Mark2 sub woofer to even out the bass more. Changed the 2 A21's to A23's and can't tell any difference in sound. Didn't need that much power but they were what I had at the time. Have moved the CD changer to another room and another system. Added a small computer for...
  2. J

Recommendations on where to find these RCA adapters?

Did a search and found 90 degree with male and female. The only straight ones I found have only both ends male or female, none like you want. You could get one of each of the male and female ones and use them together to give you male on one end and female on the other. There are a lot of the...
  3. J

How many speakers do you own?

More than 20 but I'm not sure. I've got them all thru the house and a bunch in boxes for later if I need them. I think I have a speaker fetish and need help.
  4. J

Long Hair and Audio?

I've let my hair grow too but haven't noticed any changes in hearing. I've used my time copying Cd's to my computer so they are easier to find. That doesn't make me want to tweak my system but maybe later if I run out of things to do.
  5. J

Woo Audio WTP-1

It sounds great but if the cd isn't a very good recording it is really noticeable. Maybe too revealing for some people.
  6. J

RichPA's main system

I saw a picture of yours and had to post mine. I'm still using the Behringer on mine and I've added another Hsu sub to make the bass smoother. The detail and the feeling that you are there is incredible with these speakers. I'm using a Parasound P3 preamp, A21 and A23 amps on mine, had two...
  7. J

RichPA's main system

my stereo by jimC posted Jun 3, 2007 at 6:20 PM This thread is 6 years old but I want to post a picture of my system. The black thing behind the right speaker is a Hsu sub and the one behind the left speaker is an old 300 cd changer.
  8. J

Used and new Parasound

The P3 is a stripped down version of the P5. I might be wrong but it sounds really good and I didn't need the extras they added.
  9. J

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

Nice to see somebody else that enjoys Newform Research speakers. I think I have the same ones that you have. The electronic crossover is the same also.
  10. J

Woo Audio WTP-1

Decided to buy the Woo Audio transport and the dac that goes with it. Sometimes you make sacrifices for things you enjoy.
  11. J

Woo Audio WTP-1

The Bryston BOT-1 was the other transport I found and liked. The bad news I found during my searches is that some cheaper cd and dvd player can match the quality of sound for some people. I know that my hearing isn't what it used to be and it is time for me to face reality. I don't need the...
  12. J

Woo Audio WTP-1

Thanks for the reply. I looked at those, but the Woo Audio looks so much better. Art and audio in one piece is hard to pass up. It is time for reality to set in, or maybe I should just get it. I just bought a Schiit Audio Modi Multibit and was searching for the best cd player to use with it.
  13. J

Woo Audio WTP-1

Did an internet search for cd transports and found the Woo Audio WTP-1 and I want the silver one real bad. The price is higher than I want to spend, but it looks like art instead of audio equipment. The few reviews I found make it even harder to resist buying one. Yes, I found other...
  14. J

My new toys ...

Hope this picture downloads.
  15. J

Used and new Parasound

Bought used Parasound P3 preamp and new A23 amp.
  16. J

What's British in your system?

I have a pair of PMC OB1's and a Cambridge cd player.
  17. J

Newform Research R8-1

Just noticed the date of the first post. Not much interest in NR speakers on this forum. My post may not be about the R8-1 speaker. Looked at the NR site and it shows the R8-1 with a much larger ribbon than mine. Sorry about that, but the amount of detail from them is still hard to match...
  18. J

Newform Research R8-1

I have a pair with the sealed woofer enclosures. Bought a pair of 8" ribbons years ago with the intension of building the woofer enclosures. Found them in a closet earlier this year and called Newform Research to see if he had plans or maybe a pair of enclosures. He had a pair and really...
  19. J

My new toys ...

Do these look like yours? Got these a few months ago. Went active shortly after that and love the sound. The passive sound was great also, just wanted to try active with a pair of powered subs. Try every kind of music on these speakers and listen to the details that you didn't hear before...
  20. J

Forgot the sub behind the right speaker. That is a Hsu VTF-3 Mark2.
  21. J

In the process of moving all input sources to another room. When I get thru the only equipment in this room will be preamp, amp, speakers, sub, monitor to show source selections, and a repeater for remotes.
  22. my stereo

my stereo

Newform Research R645v3 w/active crossovers, Parasound P3 preamp, Parasound A21 amps, Behringer DCX2496 crossover, old Pioneer CD changer (monster behind left speaker), more to be added when unpacked
Back
Top Bottom