Search results

1. S

Pioneer CT-F950 Help Please

Hi! I need to order a new idler tire for my unit. Anyone know the size I need? There's some on e-bay but I have to know the size first. Thanks!
  2. S

Calrad SPR Preamp

Phono input is for magnetic, ceramic didn't need preamp, but they did need the RIAA EQ!
  3. S

Pioneer RT-909 in the house !!!

One thing you might want to do when not playing it but still powered on is to "relax" the guides on each end by the dampening wheels. They're the ones that shut off the motors when the end of tape is reached. If they stay in "play position", the DC capstan motor will keep running and wear the...
  4. S

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

The other option is to mono the leads coming out of the cartridge BEFORE it goes to the pre-amp! I do this when I play mono records and it gets rid of a lot of the noise and cancels a lot of the out-of-phase noise between the left & right grooves!
  5. S

Pioneer CT-F950 issues

Just remembered that this is a closed loop dual capstan design. If the unit has sat for a long time there's a good chance the belt has a "dent" where it sat around the motor pulley from not moving! I've had a belt do this on my Marantz 6200 turntable and I could hear a "thunk" every time the...
  6. S

Pioneer CT-F950 issues

I have a CT-950 that had some issues and I was able to rob a few parts from a CT-900. Try this: put in a tape and hit play and then pause. Also try putting it into record mode with no signal coming in.Is the popping noise still there? It sounds to me it might need some filter caps in the power...
  7. S

Cassette tape resurgence ?

A lot of the pre-recorded tapes were mass produced. No chance being made directly from the master tape. I re-master my pre-recorded tapes from cds or Spotify using a high quality sound card on the computer.
  8. S

Cassette tape resurgence ?

There are NEW cassettes being manufactured now! November 2018, to be exact, in France! They make NEW reel tapes too with new technology and they made these cassettes from one of their formulations! Sound great! Record hot with no saturation!
  9. S

Just picked up a copy of this at an antique store and it's from Germany!
  10. S

Any Reel guys interested in a tape swap?

I've got an Akai 630D-SS that I've been planning to do some 4-channel tapes! I plan to mix-down a few DTS 5.1 cds to 4-channel Quad sound. Moody Blues-Days Of Future Passed, Steve Miller-Fly Like An Eagle, Steely Dan-Aja, Steely Dan's Two Against Nature DVD live, Police-Greatest Hits. Also...
  11. S

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

I'm listening to some lite jazz on my Pioneer RT-909 r-r, DBX 224-DS, Proton 1100 pre-amp, Proton AA-1150 Power amp then to a great pair of Pioneer HPM-100s!
  12. S

Thanks!
  13. S

Our local Wal-Mart is selling Vinyl albums now! How cool is that? Not a big selection, but nice to see that!
  14. S

1958 Harman Kardon Tube A224 amp Coupling cap values?

All the coupling caps.
  15. S

1958 Harman Kardon Tube A224 amp Coupling cap values?

I want to replace the coupling caps in my A224 amp and wondering what would be the best to use? By that I mean, .01uf or .22uf or what value should I use?
  16. S

Vinyl only spin list

One thing I've always wondered: Do US and European discs use the same EQ? RIAA curve?
  17. S

As The Vinyl Turns

Started Vinyl Night at work, all the customers say the same thing: "That sounds great!" Using a Technics SL-1950 turntable, Harmon Kardan 330b reciever/amp! Pair of 6.5" Digital Eclipse speaker towers.
  18. S

Vinyl only spin list

Great album! Before RCA started making those cheap Dynaflex records! Purchased the 180g awhile back, very quiet!
  19. S

As The Vinyl Turns

I just want to start a thread for those who are listening to a vinyl record and maybe doing something else at the same time! I thought it'd be fun to read posts about what others are doing or feeling while listening to a LP! Kind of a spin on the old soap opera! Forgive the pun! Right now...
  20. S

Vinyl only spin list

Me too! Got a few...Grassroots Hits, Carly Simon-No Secrets, Best of The Guess Who-vol 2, Elvis Aloha, Percy Faith-Clair...some others...
  21. S

No time to do it right, but always time to do it over!

No time to do it right, but always time to do it over!
  22. S

Led Mod Technics SL-1950

Thanks! Can't wait to install a blue one so it will match my Pioneer reel RT-909 and 2 cassette decks, the CT-950 and the CT-750.
  23. S

1st tube amp: Harmon Kardon A-224???

I want to replace the disc caps in my A-224, just wondering what should I replace them with? I do have the Sams service manual on this so it will be easy to get the values! Thanks, Rob
  24. S

Led Mod Technics SL-1950

Here's some pics of a led mod I did on my turntable. I used a 6 volt led powered by an UNFILTERED 6 volt power adapter that I had laying around. I removed the filter cap in it so the led would go "on & off" with the 60hz power cycle. Works great! I plan on using blue leds on all my...
Back
Top Bottom