Search results

1. 851 SP3

BIC Venturi V630

Comments, information, opinions, reviews on these? I've come across a pair locally for $50. Haven't gone to look at/listen to them. Photos show them in good cosmetic condition. Should I bother?
  2. 851 SP3

Technics SL-QD33R, goodbye faithful friend.

Bought it new in 1987 and saw action on two continents and nine different abodes. Over the last decade, it has seen less and less use. I've slowly sold off most of my vinyl, too. So, last week, I made the decision to list it on that site. It sold this morning and will be shipped (with mixed...
  3. 851 SP3

Klipsch K-25-K repaired by Orban Audio

Some months ago, I bought a sad Klipsch Forte II. I did this for a part or two as it was cheap and local. Looking it over before handing over the $, I found the woofer looked immaculate for its age. Sadly, it was locked solid. Hmmm (second, third thoughts). Still paid up. I did some (more)...
  4. 851 SP3

ebay Rotel bummer

Bought another RCD-855 on eBay. Arrived packed very well. Was listed as "Awesome" and "Great". Certainly looks the part. Powered on, opened transport, there's a plastic disc of some heft on top of a CD. Never seen one of these before. Laid it on the desk, closed transports, HORRIBLE rattling...
  5. 851 SP3

Forte II passive radiator cone

Picked up an orphan Forte II for cheap. The passive is in bad shape. Are replacement cones available?
  6. 851 SP3

Chicken/egg

I'm mentally preparing myself to do my first speaker 'mods' and I'm looking for experience-based opinions on: *which set to start with? *which component gives the best 'first step' (thinking tweeters or crossovers, mostly though I understand Crites has mids available for Fortes, too)? is the...
  7. 851 SP3

Show me your self-made speakers using car speakers.

Just removed all four speakers from my truck. Receiver died just a couple days after I installed new door speakers (the Pioneers). Rears were installed just last year (maybe 20 hrs on them). I don't listen to the stereo much anyway so I'm not buying a new receiver. So, I'm curious to see what...
  8. 851 SP3

Peavey Backstage Plus and DexIT.

My trusty Backstage hasn't seen any real use in decades (bought it new in '84). Reverb wasn't working much at all and a couple pots were noisy. So, I finally looked into how everything comes apart the other day to see what I could do to make some improvements. Removed the electronics chassis...
  9. 851 SP3

Klipsch Heresy cabinets

What's an empty pair of Heresy cabs worth in the mind of the general Klipsch Korner visitor? I found some that would need (probably) re-veenered and (obviously) refilled but look solid otherwise. No grilles. $75. Thinking I might just start my first speaker resto/mod project with them. The...
  10. 851 SP3

Cleaning speaker grilles

You may have seen my posts about some Klipsch speakers that have made their way into our home. One pair of Fortes and one pair of KG 5.5s. Both needed their 'faces' cleaned up. I did a little research and saw suggestions for cool water and Woolite. Wife said, use the baby shampoo since it was...
  11. 851 SP3

Bazooka passive sub refurb

a side project from years ago just got finished. When I bought my brother's truck a couple of years ago, it had a nice system in it but one door speaker didn't work (the pair now replaced with new) and I haven't really listened to anything in my vehicles for a long time. the receiver's face and...
  12. 851 SP3

Forte woofers

no comment yet here. So, I will ask here. Anyone with first hand experience with Crites woofers? Curious. NO answer yet from local speaker repair shop.
  13. 851 SP3

Klipsch Forte, fuzzy sound from one's woofer, and more

Project #3: I am jumping ahead a bit with my projects. Haven't fully sorted the Adcom power amp issue but, while I wait for some info, I've started with the 'fuzzy woofer' Klipsch issue. Adcom that powered the Fortes before did some damage to the woofer (or its circuitry) of one of them. Low db...
  14. 851 SP3

Skipping cds and what fixed my player

So, in my thread about my Rotel cd player, I mentioned a fix for a previous problem it had. That problem was skipping. At first, very random. None of my discs have scratches (still) but, I was having skips and it was ticking me off. It finally got bad enough, over months, that I did a search on...
  15. 851 SP3

Adcom GFA-535 right channel no sound. EXCEPT!!!

So, my best friend decided to give his old hi-fi stuff to my 14 year old son. What did he get? Adcom GFP-555, Adcom GFA-535, and a pair of Klipsch Fortes. All of these were bought new when he (we) were in the Army. And, all of them were replaced when his house got hit by lightning. Insurance...
  16. 851 SP3

What are these?

been out of the hi-fi hobby a long time. What model Klipsch are these? Are they 'any good'? What did they cost new?
  17. 851 SP3

Rotel RCD-855 - to fix or not

recently, my beloved cd player was hit with a power surge of sorts (so much for the old power strip's protection). all the characters on the display light up upon powering on but, drawer won't open and none of the controls work. bought it new in '91, I think. huge step forward from the previous...
  18. 851 SP3

Canton, Ohio newbie

new member just getting back into the hi-fi life after many years away. lots of embarrassing questions to come to make up for all that I've forgotten. thanks, in advance!
Back
Top Bottom