Search results

1. topcat84

RIP Terry DeWick

I hate hearing this! Terry worked on my 2105, MR78, and C28 several years ago. It took awhile since he was always so busy, but he spent quite some time with me when I drove my 3 units to him in Knoxville. Met his family and kitty kats! he really loved them! McIntosh equipment all over the house...
  2. topcat84

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

My wife and I just returned after 2 weeks in Norway. Kristiansand, Oslo, Stavenger and Flam. What a beautiful country! Cheers!
  3. topcat84

where can I get L200 grilles?

I have tried emailing this place about pricing and what I might need to get replacement grill covers for my L200’s and never get a reply. I realize they might be busy, but their website is a little confusing to me. I’m assuming since I don’t have the old frames for my original grill covers, I’d...
  4. topcat84

Sony TC-756 R2R Question

Thanks again, oldvinyldude!
  5. topcat84

Sony TC-756 R2R Question

Thanks SO much for your help, oldvinydude! I’ll try that! Cheers!
  6. topcat84

Sony TC-756 R2R Question

Ditto!
  7. topcat84

Sony TC-756 R2R Question

Hi Guys! For some reason after the tape I’m listening to reaches the end and runs out, the arm that initiates stopping the reels by dropping down refuses to cooperate. There’s what looks like a flat head screw that I’m wondering if it can be loosened a bit allowing it to drop. i didn’t want to...
  8. topcat84

Sony RTR Speed Problem

Thanks oldvinyldude! I’m glad I didn’t try the Deoxit! Should I just continue to move the arm up and down? It’s weird because after the tape runs out, the arms remain in the upright position, but falls immediately with very little contact by me. Thanks again!
  9. topcat84

Sony RTR Speed Problem

Thanks for your reply, vitorzoom! Would you recommend I spray the base of the tape arms with Deoxit or something similar or just work the arms a little bit until they fall freely? The last two reels I’ve listened to, the arms didn’t drop after the tape was finished, but when I barely touched the...
  10. topcat84

Sony RTR Speed Problem

Maybe I didn’t explain this thoroughly. I noticed the arms not dropping because after the tape has finished playing, the arms normally drop and the play mode stops. When they don’t drop the reels keep spinning. Thanks in advance!
  11. topcat84

Sony RTR Speed Problem

Hi Guys! I just wanted to report that my Sony R2R is almost working perfectly now. The only problem remaining is the take up reel arms. They are not “dropping” after the tape is finished. When I touch them, they immediately drop. Would you guys recommend spraying the two arms with Deoxit and...
  12. topcat84

Splicing RTR Tape

Thanks for all the advice, guys! Cheers!
  13. topcat84

Splicing RTR Tape

One of my 10 1/2” tapes snapped off the “lead in” section and I was wondering if I could just Scotch Tape it onto the rest of the tape? Can you guys give me advice on the best way to repair this? Thanks in advance! Cheers!
  14. topcat84

Sony RTR Speed Problem

Thanks for all your help, guys! I will try that and see if it solves the problem. I’m assuming the pinch rollers are the dark rubber looking part. Thanks again! Cheers!
  15. topcat84

Sony RTR Speed Problem

Hi Guys! Yesterday I was listening to my over 40 year old Sony TC-756 RTR and it was sounding great when all of a sudden the speed dramatically picked up and it sounded like the Chipmunks singing. What could be going on and is there anything I can do or is it just in need of a service? Thanks in...
  16. topcat84

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Hi Andre! How is the beautiful blue light dependent on your preamp? Would it not work without it? I think it’s SO cool looking! Thanks in advance!
  17. topcat84

My Sony R2R TC-756

Hi Guys! I’ve had my Sony since the early 70’s and enjoyed it immensely. Four years or so ago I had it serviced and the tech found that the pinch rollers were gummed up. I can’t remember why I took it in, but yesterday I was playing some recorded tapes of mine and the music sounded like the...
  18. topcat84

How many turntables do you have?

I have a VPI Classic and Audio Technica AT LP120 USB.
  19. topcat84

RF-7 III's Anyone own a pair?

I’ve had my RF-7’s a couple of years now and love them. Aesthetically they’re beautiful in the cherry finish. I also have a pair of JBL L200’s that I’ve had for 40 some odd years and love them too!! It’s nice to have a couple of pairs of speakers that are a little different from each other. I...
  20. topcat84

No more LPs from Amazon.

I love ordering from Amazon Prime! I get my LP in 2 days and if there is a problem, I just send it back for a replacement or money back. From time to time, I do get an LP that’s warped or damaged, but they always accept my return no questions asked! Cheers!
  21. topcat84

Any new Klipsch users out there?

I’ve had mine for a couple of years now and they seem to sound better and better, especially after the break in period. I’ve got to say that the cherry wood sure looks nice too!! Good luck!
  22. topcat84

RTR Repair in the Charlotte, NC Area

Thanks for the info, bonzo4ever! I’ll check with them! Cheers!!
  23. topcat84

RTR Repair in the Charlotte, NC Area

Hi Guys! I have had my Sony TC-756 RTR for 40 years or so and although it plays my recorded music just fine, the FF & Reverse functions don’t work great. When you engage those buttons it never stops until you actually hit the stop button. I’d really like to get this repaired, but don’t want to...
  24. topcat84

Why do Records take so long to receive in the mail?

Hi Guys! I still stand by Amazon Prime! They always deliver in 2 days and I never have an issue with packing damage. I realize some of you have, but I’ve had nothing but good experiences with Amazon. I really like Soundstage Direct and Music Direct, but they both take a week or so to reach me...
  25. topcat84

Turntable Audio Cable Extenders

Hi Guys! One of my TT’s audio cables will not reach my preamp, so I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on some type of extender or coupler that I could purchase for that TT. Unfortunately the TT’s phono cables are fixed, so I can’t just buy longer cables. Thanks in advance! Cheers!!
Back
Top Bottom