Search results

1. marysdad

Speaker Took a Tumble

We have a pair of JBL J2050 bookshelf speakers that are used for rear channel in our home theatre system. They are on stands and one fell off on to a carpeted floor. Now it is scratchy-sounding. We would really like to keep these. Just looking for some pointers on how to go about diagnosing and...
  2. marysdad

Cartridge Dilemma

My Pioneer PL-518 turntable came with a Realistic R47XT (Shure) cartridge. I replaced the stylus with a JICO SAS part #192-NDC EJ. This combination was great for quite a while, but has become a bit finicky. I was having issues where one of the channels drops a bit 3db (and sometimes more). If I...
  3. marysdad

Need Manuals--Screwed on HIFI Engine

I acquired a Pioneer SX-950 and need manuals, so registered on HIFI Engine. I got my account set up a week or so back, but now the site will not accept my login. I tried requesting a new password, but the password reset emails never come. I tried registering again, but it says my email address...
  4. marysdad

System Upgrade Thoughts

I have been studying here for a while and have cobbled together a rudimentary system. What got me started was that the pro-logic circuit in our 20 year-old Denon AVR-3000 receiver recently gave up the ghost, so I inherited that unit for 2-channel use. I snagged a pair of B & W DM560 speakers at...
  5. marysdad

Replace Old Cartridge or Just the Stylus in PL-518

I got back in to analog about six months back, so purchased a Pioneer PL-518 turntable. It came with a Realistic rebranded Shure R47XT cartridge and Shure 5X stylus. I have used the TT to learn how to rip vinyl (had the good sense to keep the wife from getting rid of my LPs). I have done a...
  6. marysdad

Small Room System

This is my first attempt at trying to optimize performance and sound quality. Our library doubles as my office and listening room. I was concerned that it would be a challenging room due to its size and shape, but it really sounds good. The room is 10 x 10 with a 9 foot ceiling. Wall-to-wall...
  7. marysdad

Getting Back Into Analog

I have had my vinyl packed away for 20 years and have finally come back to analog music after a long wandering in the digital world. I have been studying here for a while and have cobbled together a rudimentary system. What got me started was that the pro-logic circuit in our 20 year-old...
Back
Top Bottom