Search results

1. HeyWaj10

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

What kind of office do you work in that allows you to play music out loud in a cubicle? I've never seen that before...
  2. HeyWaj10

Age and your satisfaction with your Main Rig

I'm 31 - sitting at about a 7/10 for satisfaction level of my system. Definitely need a DAC upgrade big time. Married w/ 2 dogs, no kids yet. Ultimate fear is that once we do have kids, my system usage will go down to almost 0. I think the DAC upgrade would get me to an 8+/10, and may just need...
  3. HeyWaj10

Ugh...frustrated

Hi Roy, I initially thought the same thing, so I hooked the player up to a tv and set everything up to output stereo, even utilized the "video off" feature of the player (said to deactivate the video processors to "improve" audio). Still doesn't quite match the performance of my computer...
  4. HeyWaj10

Ugh...frustrated

Yesterday I picked up a Pioneer Elite DV-45A universal player (CD, DVD-A, SACD) for $50 on Craigslist. Not a bad pickup at all - looks beautiful in the system, no issues, sounds great. The "hope" was to be able to have a disk player that I could quickly access when I just want to pop a CD in...
  5. HeyWaj10

Starting to venture into the world of integrated amps w/DAC

I no longer needed to pursue it due to coming into a B&K receiver - more than happy with what I have!
  6. HeyWaj10

Gungnir multi bit vs Bifrost multi bit

The only other I'm currently aware of, which isn't even available for shipment quite yet, is from Audio-gd (http://audio-gd.com/Master/Singularity19/Singularity%2019EN.htm) @ $600-$650.
  7. HeyWaj10

Hi there, Not to crush your hopes, but I'm not sure how video will help in this instance - basic transference of the sound through whatever medium you end up using...just not sure it'll translate accurately on your end. That being said, for the price, I am genuinely happy with the B6's. They...
  8. HeyWaj10

It's "Storm Cloud" from Sherwin Williams :thumbsup:
  9. HeyWaj10

Just made possibly the biggest score of my life yesterday. Managed to purchase a barely-used B&K AVR307 (with the upgrade) from Craigslist for a mere $250. The gentleman was empathetic to my very limited budget (read: wife), and was willing to take his asking price way down. Going from a...
  10. HeyWaj10

Room treatment help needed

Thanks for the quick responses! Would anything behind my head on the back wall be useful? Are there problematic reflection points behind me (even though it's just inches away)?
  11. HeyWaj10

Room treatment help needed

Hi everyone, I have finally gotten my 2-channel system set up properly in my very small listening room (10' x 11'). As you can see in the attached pictures, the space is limited for speaker placement options, which I believe I have gotten locked in the best I can. The door swings open with...
  12. HeyWaj10

Starting to venture into the world of integrated amps w/DAC

I'm really interested to see how the Elac EA101EQ-G integrated amp performs and reviews. It really does look like a complete package: dac, amp, headphone amp, room correction, eq features, and remote. If it can outperform the standard integrated amps out there (Marantz, Yamaha, NAD, etc.) in...
  13. HeyWaj10

It really is, surprisingly. Though it is obviously a small screen, it is perfectly functional for simple music server access. Now I'm having the internal debate whether I should convert all my FLAC files to ALAC and use iTunes instead, that way I can use the Remote app on my phone and not even...
  14. HeyWaj10

Finally have my new Elac B6-based system setup in the second bedroom (10' x 12'). System layout is: Windows 7 --> JRiver Media Jukebox --> Schiit PYST USB --> Nuforce uDac-2SE --> Kenwood KR-V8030 --> Elac Debut B6. The iPad Mini is serving as my PC monitor via Duet Display (wife was adamant...
  15. HeyWaj10

Amp options for Elac Debut B5 (or similar)

Hey all, I have every intention of purchasing a pair of the upcoming Elac Debut B5. They will be the heart of a budget-minded, small room (10' x 15') system without a supplementing sub. As of now, I already have a Nuforce uDac-2SE that can be used as my DAC from the PC. So here are my options...
  16. HeyWaj10

My guess is IKEA
  17. HeyWaj10

Philharmonic Audio Affordable Accuracy.

Yeah, looks like the Philharmonic website no longer even lists the Affordable Accuracy series, likewise the Philharmonitor. Now it displays the new BMR monitor.
  18. HeyWaj10

Philharmonic Audio Affordable Accuracy.

Great post Vintagear! They really do look very nice on those stands. I'd love to hear a set of the AA's sometime soon. How do they do with heavier rock (i.e. prog rock/metal), if you happen to dabble in that genre at all?
  19. HeyWaj10

Pioneer HPM-100 Stands nearly finished (pic)

Excuse my ignorance, but is the front slant of the center board for aesthetics, or is there a functional purpose to that aspect of the design?
  20. HeyWaj10

Speaker options: $1000-$2000/pair

I think I basically agree with you, PR Audio. I glanced over at Audiogon yesterday, and saw a couple pairs of Monitor Audio GX100 for under $1500. Believe me, I'm fully aware of the power of buying used. I just think I need to audition as many speakers as I can in-store until we purchase the...
  21. HeyWaj10

For a quick bit of clarification: while I am leaning towards a clean, modern look, I am not against buying used. I'm just not into the older, standard "boxy" boring look of most earlier generation speakers out there. Sure, SQ comes first, obviously...and call me vain, but IMO looks do matter...
  22. HeyWaj10

That's another speaker I've auditioned multiple models of: GoldenEar. To be blunt, I don't get what all the fuss is about. All I heard from the Triton 1 and the little brother Aon 3 was muddy, distorted, strained sound. Both were hooked up to Ayre gear. To say the least, I was unimpressed each time.
Back
Top Bottom