Search results

1. easycraig

Looking for Los Angeles based tec to fix my Pioneer SX-780

-long story short, I had my sx780 rebuilt a couple years ago, unfortunately, the work was done on the east side of the states, I am now in the west. ( not worth sending back and fourth ) recently, the left channel started to crackle...(it should look brand new inside) - if someone is...
  2. easycraig

Wrong Ian dude ! LOL

Today I opened up a cheap cut corner sealed record I had picked up on ebay..... Ian Hunter's Short back n 'sides... one of my favorites from him, anyways, pulling it out of its Chrysalis sleeve, and seeing the Chrysalis label I threw it on without giving it much of a look.... - I walked away...
  3. easycraig

VOA Holiday auction Sealed Petty, Hendrix, Boston, P Floyd, Black Crowes Albums ENDS 12/23 Friday

5 sealed albums, see photos. You send your PayPal funds to grumpy, I send you the albums and cover shipping! Would appreciate it if the winning bidder could send me $1. through PayPal so I can print a label. Sorry I was late to getting around to listing this, so we will have it close...
  4. easycraig

Put together a fun little system for the brother in law

Last time we were at their place, he mentioned his record player stopped working. It was one of those all in one systems, record player on top, matching cassette/receiver below. Matching speakers also. They might have even connected together to form a boom box type of system. He asked if...
  5. easycraig

help with speaker id (yet again)

this is the only picture i have...... -any info or thoughts appreciated, thanks, ec
  6. easycraig

Some of Bowie's Sound and Vision up for auction

Art is my other passion along with music, so this is a great interest to me. Not that I can afford any of it. A sound system up for auction: 1960s stereo cabinet created by the Italian designers Achille and Pier Giacomo Castiglioni. a bit more info on the Sotheby's auction...
  7. easycraig

JBL 250ti's worth the trip?

- Long story short, wife's father used to work for Jbl and he owns a pair. He is currently down in Los Angeles visiting, and I bbq'ed for her / his side of the family, I pulled him aside and asked him about the speakers. He is 88 yrs old and I knew he still had them as they never throw...
  8. easycraig

Stereo System just about complete for the Playhouse

Its nothing fancy, but a nice fun system I put together over the last year... consists of a Miracord 10H turntable, HH Scott 260-B amp, and a couple of ugly Sound Window SW-1 speakers. I tried to find components that did not detract from the decor of the room. Its ready to go, I am just...
  9. easycraig

cheap easy DIY speaker riser/stand for my wharfedale 70's

2 pieces of 2x2's finished for about $10. plus 1 pack of riser/sliders ($3.) plus screws and a 1 x 2 I had laying around. We recently bought a package of felt feet stickers ( don't know the exact name ) from costco for about $10... I think there are 100+ pieces(maybe 200) in there of various...
  10. easycraig

L@@King for information on Silvertone Medalist record player (pictures shown)

- i never go out hunting for stuff, but last week my wife said there was a good sale going on so i went.... came across this little bugger and the price was right so i grabbed it. (probably should go out more often, I bought some decent speakers at the same sale) Anyways, its Silvertone...
  11. easycraig

help locating a new empire 598 shielded cable assembly

hello... recently purchased a beautiful empire 598iii turntable. Its stock, so I really do not want to modify it... but it has a very finicky shielded cable (5 prong that plugs into the 980 tonearm). Sound will drop in and out if you move the cable.... would obviously love to find a NOS...
  12. easycraig

-bought my first vintage speakers today ! (wharfedale 70d's)

-Since getting back into the vinyl game 8 months ago.... i have picked up a couple vintage receivers, tape decks, and turntables. For some reason though, I kept buying new speakers versus vintage. You know, stuff with decent reviews, and on sale . I have been waivering on the new Wharfedale...
  13. easycraig

When did the US Postal System stop working?

. As a kid, I remember looking up to these guys.... now, it seems we have a new carrier every other week, along with lots of other peoples mail. My recent run ins.... i sell stuff on ebay, not a lot, but enough to help the family survive. Anyways, buyer pays for an item on the...
  14. easycraig

Simple vintage living room system.

The wife gave me the ok to put a vintage system in the living room provided it was not too large or ugly.... - she is a good lady considering we have a modern 7.1 system in there already. I put the vintage system on the opposite side of the room. It consists of a Pioneer Pl 530 table(just...
  15. easycraig

Current Office System (my listening room)

In a nutshell... Technics SL QD33 turntable Luxman GX 101 equalizer Luxman KX 101 cassette deck (just recently added for fun) Luxman RX 102 receiver Mordaunt Short speakers (stacked) on Pioneer SP BS22's speakers -the Mordaunts really help with the mids and highs -I grew up with...
  16. easycraig

Any info on these Sansui S-MS90 speakers?

got these little guys in a deal i picked up today... bookshelf, about a foot tall... 3 way. Have yet to fire them up.... - could not find anything about them on the internets.... ec
  17. easycraig

Help with buying a cartridge/need for my thrift store system.

-only been here a few weeks... but I love this place... so many threads to get lost in... recently picked up the following through thrift shop hunts: sony str da 7100 receiver, and a technics sl-qd 33 turntable. I plan on buying a vintage receiver, but just waiting for the right one to...
  18. easycraig

Hello from Southern California!

-after much debate, I have decided to start collecting records again... i was over on another site and I started asking questions ( I think many of the questions they did not like... lol ) and someone directed me over here. I have spent the last few days drooling over everyone's old...
Back
Top Bottom