Search results

1. TrueLies64

Advice/Information on Pioneer SA 9500 with key lock.

Well thanks all. Very funny and informative. Yeah I think if I want it I could get them to come down on price, people do not seem to want "big" anymore and it's been there awhile. I think maybe it locks the volume knob? Or maybe a power switch? Maybe I will go take a drive down and find out...
  2. TrueLies64

Advice/Information on Pioneer SA 9500 with key lock.

Hello all. I am looking at buying this Pioneer SA 9500. My question is, what is up with the lock? I have searched and cannot find another one like it. I do not believe it was installed by manufacturer, but it looks very clean and professionally done. Has anyone ever seen this before? Or did...
  3. TrueLies64

Kenwood Parts

Hello cferry1, A little late to the party. Unsure if you found the part you were looking for, but I was in a similar situation only I needed the remote wire (the blue threaded wire that connects the switch) for my Kenwood KA-1100D. I looked everywhere and had a difficult time finding the...
  4. TrueLies64

Thanks for reply. I know what you mean.

Thanks for reply. I know what you mean.
  5. TrueLies64

Hello iamjaymo. Quick question from an old thread. You were about to pull the trigger on a VPI...

Hello iamjaymo. Quick question from an old thread. You were about to pull the trigger on a VPI to replace your Technics SL1700. I am in the same boat, was curious what you thought if you actually did it. My 1700 is flawless and sounds great, but...
  6. TrueLies64

Shure M95ed and sibilance

I realize this thread is two years old, but for people who may still come across it in their searches, I have a Shure M95ED, with a Tonar (Jico, I think) ED replacement stylus and have found that the technics overhang gauge does not work for me at 52 mm. I get a light bass and sibilance and what...
  7. TrueLies64

Current System

I believe my wife has already addressed the amount of audio equipment in some rooms of our home. New Scotland as in Nova Scotia?
  8. TrueLies64

Current System

I am also having issues with pictures, but here is a list of my system components: Turntable: Technics SL1700 Receiver: Pioneer sx650 Speakers: Boston Acoustics A70 6 ohm (SEAS Tweeters) Cartridges: Shuffling between Shure M95ED, Audio Technica AT91, Realistic R700E (by Shure for...
  9. TrueLies64

Need Help Identifying Vinyl Noise

I'm just gonna put this out there in case anyone else is looking for an answer to a weird noise, especially between tracks. I had been trying to find the cause of a grinding / whoosh sound for a couple of weeks now. Tried all kinds of things to no avail. It turns out it was my ceiling fan, on...
  10. TrueLies64

Hey cbret3500, I have a pair of Santa Maria II's that I was going to restore, but have decided...

Hey cbret3500, I have a pair of Santa Maria II's that I was going to restore, but have decided to sell I think. Do you know anyone who would want them. Both woofers intact, one mid intact, one tweeter intact. Paper/glue "fixed" the other tweets and mid. I have bought 4 Jensen P35VAH tweeters...
  11. TrueLies64

Hey Kenny, I have a pair of Santa Maria II's that I was going to restore, but have decided to...

Hey Kenny, I have a pair of Santa Maria II's that I was going to restore, but have decided to sell I think. Are you still in the market? Both woofers intact, one mid intact, one tweeter intact. Paper/glue "fixed" the other tweets and mid. I have bought 4 Jensen P35VAH tweeters to replace...
  12. TrueLies64

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Kickin' around YouTube I am listening to Gerry Rafferty's "Baker Street", the long version and going into Marianne Faithful's "Broken English" on Pioneer SX 650 stereo receiver and newly acquired Boston Acoustics A70's...life is good.
Back
Top Bottom