Search results

1. elasticus

Yamaha ns-690ii recap

So would Yamaha just design these to be played loud. I wish I could change this as I love the look of them.
  2. elasticus

Yamaha ns-690ii recap

I have a set of 690ii's in beautiful original condition however they don't deliver enough bass. I am prepared to spend about $250US on capacitors if anybody can help me with a shopping list and where to buy. I would prefer capacitors that fit easily however I will consider anything. Also does...
  3. elasticus

Another paradigm issue

Well hell! I I have always just connected black to black and red to red and never given it any further thought. I just hope this is the method for connecting 1973 Yamaha to modern Paradigm.
  4. elasticus

Another paradigm issue

W I will keep that in mind, I have a pair of 9se mk 3's out on loan to my brother.
  5. elasticus

Another paradigm issue

Yes all the plastic around the cones and the plinths became very sticky and had to be scrubbed with goo remover. They never looked the same after that so I got rid of them.
  6. elasticus

Another paradigm issue

Thanks for the encouragement the Tributes are indeed the most beautiful speakers I have ever seen and I think the bass problem was nothing to do with the speakers. As I mentioned in the previous post it was a dirty yamaha ca-800 causing the problem. I have also driven them with a Yamaha...
  7. elasticus

Another paradigm issue

I think I have solved the problem I just cleaned out the amp. I just spent a bit of time polishing and re-tensioning the contacts on the speaker switch and the pins and sockets on the function board of the amp I have found the missing frequencies. The bias was pretty close to spec. Now I and...
  8. elasticus

Another paradigm issue

I just sold my paradigm monitor 9 v 7 and I thought the bass and treble were very good for the compact size of the speaker unfortunately they were quite lacking in the mid section.
  9. elasticus

Paradigm tweeterr

After whinging to my mate about the bad deal I got he discovered that these are still in warranty which means I drop them of to the nearest repair shop. I will use your advice no doubt at some later stage.
  10. elasticus

Paradigm tweeterr

Thanks that's a helpful response will do some testing when the other tweeter arrives.
  11. elasticus

Paradigm tweeterr

Previously I have whinged on AK about lack of bass with my Paradigm speakers and my Yamaha ca-800 amplifier and after spending a lot of time (enjoyable time) polishing and re-tensioning the contacts on the speaker switch and the pins and sockets on the function board of the amp I have found the...
  12. elasticus

Ready for something new

I think that power similar to the 45 wpc of the Yamaha ca-800 is adequate for me. The only speakers I use are paradigm tributes. The 35 wpc of the Pioneer seems a bit light for louder listening levels.
  13. elasticus

Ready for something new

Thanks that link was very helpful now I just need somebody to place the list into some sort of a pecking order over their Christmas break. Here in Australia we don't get to see a lot of the better models for sale. Considering finding a transformer and an amp mule from the states.
  14. elasticus

Ready for something new

Hi all Have spent the last 30 years listening to nothing but Yamaha amp separates and the ca-series integrated amps. I have been recently posting on the speaker forum about my Paradigm Tribute's lack of base at low listening levels and now I feel an apology is in order. I just reluctantly...
  15. elasticus

Equipment to compare amps

Hi all I am new to this forum so forgive me if this topic has been over done. Like a lot of people on AK I am starting to gather a collection of vintage amps and would love nothing better than comparing their strengths and weaknesses without the delay of hooking up all the wires. Member mbz...
  16. elasticus

Another paradigm issue

Just swapped over to the yamaha ca-800 and it sounds better at low volume than the ca-1000?? Choice of main caps perhaps. Both amps are in fine condition and are on correct bias settings. I can get the sound I like by tweaking the bass, treble and loudness but I feel like I am cheating...
  17. elasticus

Another paradigm issue

OMG! thats sooo embarrassing ...... Here in Oz I sometimes drink Riddoch Cabernet from the Coonawarra region which exposes the fact that I didn't complete high school due to drought, distance and socioeconomic circumstances. The point taken is don't drink and post on AK:beerchug:
  18. elasticus

Another paradigm issue

Well the queen just said that you're a misogynist:dunno:
  19. elasticus

Another paradigm issue

Well ok don't laugh at my reasoning but a base drum makes a deeper tone than a bongo drum due to the diameter so does this not apply to speakers especially vintage speakers which are usually much larger than modern ones?
  20. elasticus

Another paradigm issue

At this stage I would prefer to fix the problem which is that the tributes are only providing the same bass (side by side) as the monitor 9 v7's at medium listening levels. I just have a feeling this shouldn't be happening. The tributes are bi-wired with expensive wire. Perhaps the tributes...
  21. elasticus

Another paradigm issue

Greetings from Australia I am a virgin to this forum so be gentle with me. If you were to ask me how I ended up with paradigm speakers and a couple of old Yamaha ca-series amplifiers I would just shake my head an shrug my shoulders.... just like if you asked me how I ended up with my wife...
  22. elasticus

Upgrade

My friend never checked whether the technician installed the new caps or kept them for himself. There was no change in sound after the repair.:idea:
  23. elasticus

Upgrade

We gave the CX our best shot mbz delivered us a bag of premium caps which we had installed by a pro. The resulting sound was too cold and sterile compared to the ca-1000. That is not our final opinion on all Mx and Cx amps it's just an opinion on that particular pair with an untold 40yo...
  24. elasticus

Upgrade

Thanks for the reminder I have been meaning to look into getting a test record. I believe the adjustment is very close but how do you test.
  25. elasticus

Upgrade

I would have to agree with you however I would be keen to see any scientific research of the effect of alcohol on hearing. A couple of drinks to usually relaxes my mood and makes me more inclined to play an entire album with skipping. I can also become more tolerant of pop and crackle in...
Back
Top Bottom