Search results

1. DRecovery

Kenwood printed traces, KR-4070

Have a KR-4070 with a dead FM section here. It looks like Kenwood is using conductive epoxy on the component side to make a kind of double-sided board. The schematic has a special symbol for "printed resistor" which is what lead me down this line of thinking. The main B+ feed to the tuner...
  2. DRecovery

Yamaha VFET Unicorn

I haven't seen one of these for sale before. I saw a reference to this model in a Service Manual once but I wasn't sure they were real. At that price I won't be having this one but I don't think it's out of line. No affil www.ebay.com/itm/263047758719
  3. DRecovery

Finally fixed one! Toshiba PC-D15

I've tried to fix quite a few tape decks but I am rarely able to do it, usually due to lack of proper sized belts, wheels, etc. But I finally managed to do one. I finally found a PC-D15 for my System 15 shop setup. As expected, it needed belts but I was able to find the right sizes from all...
  4. DRecovery

Yamaha A-S3000 silver on Amazon, $3,400

There are two of these in the Amazon Warehouse for under $3,400. One's reboxed and the other is a blem. Someone please buy them before I do.
  5. DRecovery

Sony STR-6120 production versions (TAPE HEAD/AUX 3)

I have restored two STR-6120s and somehow didn't notice that they were different. I haven't found much information about this (any actually) with Google and only noticed because my hard copy of the service manual came with a service bulletin supplement that outlined the differences. I then...
  6. DRecovery

Your morning chuckle

Spent a couple hours this morning chasing a low/intermittent left channel on an SX-980 through a round of DeOxit, a new protection relay, and finally scoping the signal through to the flat amp, where the left channel died at the balance pot.... because I had forgotten to recenter it after the...
  7. DRecovery

W.ALLEN A+++++++

Great packaging! Laserdisc player in great shape and works very well. Thank you!
  8. DRecovery

Yamaha B-2, "It has been modified"

Someone lost their faceplate but found a labelmaker. :) I think? http://www.ebay.com/itm/391576074166
  9. DRecovery

Transformer sizzling, who can rebuild?

I have a STR-6120 I am repairing that has quite a sizzle when you first turn it on. No smoke, no smell, and no ozone. But it's enough that it kills a lot of the FM stations below a certain signal threshold and it completely kills my ethernet-over-powerline thing I have in the garage. I can...
  10. DRecovery

Fun with a TU-9900

I happened into a badly shipping damaged Japanese (76-90MHz) Sansui TU-9900 a while back and I've just got around to tinkering with it. Since it's a write-off, I don't have a lot to lose. I'd like to convert it to the non-Japan frequency range of 88-108MHz. I started at the local oscillator...
  11. DRecovery

CR-2020 $1275 complete with original scorches

No affil. The power supply clearly got toasty, as they all do. Price is high but not totally out of line for a restored one (which it is not). http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-CR-2020-Receiver-w-original-box-and-documentation-/122014810333
  12. DRecovery

Yamaha T-2 broken front end

Interesting problem with a Yamaha T-2 here. Absolutely no IF signal out of the front end, and corresponding near total lack of meter movement. I have disassembled it, much more than I have had one apart before, enough to completely expose the front end. Using the max output of my RF...
  13. DRecovery

4K Blu-ray impressions?

I just found out that the new 4K bluray players and discs have been released and so thanks to the big online bookstore I have a player (samsung 8500) and a couple discs. We watched The Martian last night, which we had seen in the theater, and I have to say that the picture and sound are...
  14. DRecovery

Spent the night cleaning switches

I read on some thread or other MTF's description of manually cleaning Pioneer switches. I went in armed with a fresh box of erasers and was surprised at how easy it turned out to be. Victim is an SX-1250. It was pretty ugly the crud that flowed out after the DeOxit flushes. Dark brown with...
  15. DRecovery

Concept ELC belt sizes; first timer

Some info and some questions about sourcing belts/tires. I've taken the plunge and tried to replace the belts in my Concept ELC cassette. I bought it recently because it said Concept (big fan) but it wasn't working. I found that the primary problem was the belt from the big motor to the...
  16. DRecovery

Kudos to BlueShadow

Great to work with! Thanks!!
  17. DRecovery

Thanks jeanmarie

Exemplary turntable packing. I wish I had taken photos it was so well done. Great to work with. Thanks!
  18. DRecovery

W.ALLEN is tops!

Excellent job packaging for safe delivery and a great guy to chat with. Thanks!
  19. DRecovery

New Avatar, Mini Stack

Sony XDR-F1HD Toshiba C15B Yamaha A100a
  20. DRecovery

C2A preamp crackles

I have a recently acquired C2a which has the snap-crackle problem from the left channel only. Unrelated to any control position and acting just like a bad behaved transistor so I assume it's the un-heatsunk 2SA913/2SC1913 pairs as described here in a few threads. The questions is, for 2016...
  21. DRecovery

ilimzn is tops!

Smart guy whose knowledge is given easily and freely, helped me find some rare Sony parts. Great guy!
  22. DRecovery

Stunning packaging

I've just received a preamp and the packaging is so extraordinary I have to share. It's a normal sized, full height (~6 inches) Sony preamp. The preamp was wrapped in that plastic sheet that is super-soft like Tyvek (but not as strong as Tyvek) It was then bagged in ESD plastic and taped...
  23. DRecovery

Plywood Klipschorns

They are not veneered and are painted black in the front. Any Klipsch experts identify these and know what the pair might be worth?
  24. DRecovery

buildingnut great to deal with

He and I worked out a deal for my Series 20 set and he was so easy to work with. Great guy. buildingnut it's been a pleasure man, thanks!
  25. DRecovery

Rare Yamahas

On eBay, two black CT-7000s, one in the US and one in Europe, and a silver B-2 in Japan. Rare enough gear in the correct colors! No affil, of course. Black CT-7000 US Black CT-7000 Germany Silver B-2 Japan
Back
Top Bottom