Search results

1. Gardyloo

Stumbled across one of my favorite movies on TCM.

I watched it last Thursday too. It looked like James Cagney had a real stiff style of dancing, but then I read somewhere that he was imitating George M. Cohen's style.
  2. Gardyloo

HT Set Up Questions

Haven't tried the Internet Radio yet; that's one of the things to figure out and play with with using the manual. Yes I DO RTFM :D It's just that so many manuals these days look like Ikea instructions. This one's over 100 pages, so it'll need to be hole punched and put in a binder. Would've...
  3. Gardyloo

HT Set Up Questions

So it's been about two months since the Marantz got here, and everything has been up and running since New Years Eve. The parents of one of my son's friends own a very high end audio store, and when the son called his parents to ask a question for me, the parents came over and did a complete...
  4. Gardyloo

Ak's 2017 Secret Santa Sign up complete, Now what did you get?

My neighbor brought over my Secret Santa gift last night; he said it came a few days ago and we kept missing each other. He offered to keep it instead of giving it to me, ha, no way! The Hullabaloo Christmas coffee, mug and tea towel are really nice and we'll enjoy it Christmas Eve and Day...
  5. Gardyloo

HT Set Up Questions

Thanks Skipper I ordered it. All my other receivers are Marantz (1970's era), so this will fit right in. I'm looking forward to trying the internet radio you recommended.
  6. Gardyloo

HT Set Up Questions

ok, I suspect I made a bad decision on the Sony based on the crickets here. It hasn't arrived yet and is easy to return. I'm ALWAYS willing to admit I made a mistake, especially if I can learn from it, fix it before it gets too deep, and doesn't cost a fortune. So feel free to tell me why...
  7. Gardyloo

My son passed......

This is so sad Bill, this year the holidays are going to be hard. Thank you for telling us about your son so we can share our love back with you. I'll be thinking of you today and on the 30th
  8. Gardyloo

HT Set Up Questions

Well...you guys are going to laugh at me. After digging through the garage for a couple of hours I found some beat up speakers, and my old Simpson 260 which needs a repair, and some other equipment that needs help (DH used to do all this stuff but let it go when he got sick, and my skills got...
  9. Gardyloo

HT Set Up Questions

Excellent instructions awillia6, thank you. Is it ok if the sacrificial speakers are old computer speakers? there are several sets in the garage
  10. Gardyloo

HT Set Up Questions

The freebie proof of concept idea is really great; a big spool of 14 awg is coming from Amazon on Friday to play with. Since it won't be a permanent solution, I can just get off my duff and turn it on and off. There are a bunch of RCA cables somewhere in the garage, so I'll go excavating again...
  11. Gardyloo

HT Set Up Questions

Understood on the power draw on the previous two posts. More power and not max it out is my personal preference rather than underpowering and squeezing every last drop . For example, on the living room audio system, when I got the ADR speakers, the old Marantz 2220b does drive them, but it has...
  12. Gardyloo

HT Set Up Questions

Wow, thanks again; I've learned so much this afternoon. Yes the TV has an ARC input, I stuck my head around back with a flashlight and saw it. Don't know about the Roku plugging into the TV, but probably yes. But I can find that stuff later, it works for now. Poking around on the Internet...
  13. Gardyloo

HT Set Up Questions

Bartertown is one of my favorite places on AK; well worth the cost of a subscription many times over. It's where most of my living room set up came from in the last couple of years: ADS L810 speakers, Audio Technica TT and Marantz 2285b Receiver; added a new 5 cd changer. Great well-maintained...
  14. Gardyloo

HT Set Up Questions

Wow, lots of great info here, thanks!! Can a modern AV receiver also be connected to a 5 CD changer for decent sound in my kitchen & family room? There are well over 1000 CDs in the den. Can it connect to my Amazon music library if I get an Echo Dot? Or some other affordable device? If yes...
  15. Gardyloo

HT Set Up Questions

Really good questions awillia6, thank you. The attraction is clearer fuller sound. I do see a lot of theater movies, but it's because I have a MoviePass. I'm not into a lot of explosion-type movies, although Wonder Woman was great and I plan to see the new Star Wars soon. The last two I saw...
  16. Gardyloo

HT Set Up Questions

I keep finding things stashed by my late DH, and look upon them as gifts. Here's the latest. In the garage I recently found New In Unopened boxes some Pioneer Andrew Jones speakers: One subwoofer -SW-MK82, two floor tower speakers SP-FS52, a center speaker SP-C22, and in the den a pair of BS-22...
  17. Gardyloo

Is there a place on AK to ask about an ebay seller's reputation?

Absolutely agree. This is product seller has not posted on ebay, and I initiated the question about what else was laying around the workshop.
  18. Gardyloo

Thanks for all the replies. Yes this will be a local pick up, and possibly an off-line sale, which is why I really asked the question. Seller has a lot of Marantz gear, and says he has a beautiful unit of the model I'm particularly looking for. All positive feedback except a couple of neutrals...
  19. Gardyloo

This seller uses his full name and location on ebay/ When I did a google search, "My Life" immediately popped up with a criminal record, but that could be for parking tickets.
  20. Gardyloo

Ak's 2017 Secret Santa Sign up complete, Now what did you get?

This sounds fun, please count me in.
  21. Gardyloo

Audio Gear From HHGregg?

Agreed, they definitely were challenged with the web shopping and ability to resolve problems.
  22. Gardyloo

Audio Gear From HHGregg?

NewEgg just bailed me out, they're having a sale on the Pioneers right now. Not as cheap as hh gregg, but I've had reliable experiences with NewEgg.
  23. Gardyloo

Lancaster County PA road trip! Record stores?

You got some great stuff last time. Be sure to post pics of your score this trip for the rest of us to enjoy
  24. Gardyloo

Audio Gear From HHGregg?

A month later and here's my report. The employees are, without fail, very nice and tried to be helpful. For several weeks they assured me the order was fixed and every week they said it'd be shipped "any day". The BS22's arrived but the subwoofer never left the warehouse. Yesterday someone...
  25. Gardyloo

IKEA LACK + threaded rods = NICE

The re-do of the Ikea furniture by all of you is pretty impressive! Thanks for the inspiration. :D
Back
Top Bottom