Search results

1. Infinity!

Are there any powered AND Sealed Bookshelf Speakers? Opinions?

Hey guys, Been a while since I've posted. Long story, my wife is a travel radiation therapist and we hop all over the US every 3 months. I work from home and go with her wherever she takes a new rotation. I'm really missing my speakers and I dont have the space to bring an amp/preamp...
  2. Infinity!

Amp Powers Up, But Little To No Sound?

This is exactly what I thought. However, I switched amps and everything works just fine with the preamp. I will go and check to see about the warranty. I think this amp was built in '97, so I doubt it's still under warranty, but I will still check. Thanks for the suggestions!
  3. Infinity!

Amp Powers Up, But Little To No Sound?

Hello Everyone, My dad's Bryston 5BST (3 channel amp) recently started having issues. It powers up just fine and the lights turn on like normal. However, the center channel is super quite, I'm barely able to hear it unless you turn up the preamp all the way. The left and right are pretty much...
  4. Infinity!

Minimum Wage

THIS... RIGHT HERE! 100%!!
  5. Infinity!

Dogs Rock, Post Yer Pooch!

Spoiled rotten! ;)
  6. Infinity!

Infinity Kappa 9 vs RS llb

I've heard and owned both. IIb's are definitely the clear winner... no contest. With that said, the Kappa 9's are no slouch. For me, the accuracy and responsiveness of the EMIM's over the polydomes are the determining factor. The IIb's bass is tighter and quicker, but the kappa 9's are a little...
  7. Infinity!

Supply Chain Problems Are Real

This is only the beginning, sadly. All I have to say is PREPARE!
  8. Infinity!

Holy Moly! Gasoline has become expensive over here!

Yup... no comment as to why this is. :no: Makes me sick!!
  9. Infinity!

Paul McGowan on what Arnie Nudell thought about Infinity woofers

Yea, sorry. Disagree. 8" drivers will NEVER compare to well-built 12" drivers. The depth and sustain a 12" can reproduce vs an 8" is no comparison.
  10. Infinity!

Paul McGowan on what Arnie Nudell thought about Infinity woofers

True! It's just kind of sad to see how different they are compared to the prototype made with Arnie. Those had dual 12" side firing active subs with an active mid-bass coupler per speaker. Not to mention they had way more tweeters and a much longer ribbon midrange. And Paul's still asking 20-30k...
  11. Infinity!

For all you from California moving to East Tennessee

Cannot like this comment enough!!!
  12. Infinity!

Ok Infinity Folks, what cables are you using.

Audioquest Castle Rocks, Yukons, Victoria's, Coffee USB, and NRG 2 power cables. The ONLY reason I have all these is because I had a friend who worked at Best Buy who got them for 75% off! I used mediabridge cables before switching to Audioquest and I will say, replacing the interconnects made...
  13. Infinity!

Infinity RS 2.5/4.5 Baffle Options

Oh okay, I did see that. I just wasnt sure if it was the correct item as it says it is used for "internal dampening", but I guess if it's used for dampening, then it doesnt matter. Thanks! And you didnt think 1 inch is too thick?
  14. Infinity!

Hello, Yes, that is the foam I mean. Do you by chance have a link to the one you bought?
  15. Infinity!

Been a while since I've had time to work on my speakers. I am currently in the process of restoring my 4.5's and need some options/opinions on where people have bought replacement baffle that goes around the emims/emits. Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  16. Infinity!

AVA EMIM Diaphragms

So glad to hear that these sound as good, if not better than the originals. I have been going back and forth debating if I should replace the diaphragms in my 4.5's. Thanks for the review! Gorgeous looking pair of 4.5's BTW.
  17. Infinity!

Vintage Infinities And Imaging (IIB's, 4.5's, K9's, Goldenear)

This will eventually be the plan. I know the caps are way passed their life span and would most likely benefit from a re-cap. But they still sound amazing for how old they are. I'll definitely try to move them out a little further. They are already pretty close to where the listening position...
  18. Infinity!

This is now where they are currently pulled out to, see pic. My profile pic was taken when many months ago when I first moved. I pulled them away from both side walls about about 1.5 feet and 2-3 feet from the rear wall. Dont have any more room to further pull them out in this room...
  19. Infinity!

Been a while since I've been on here. Got married, then covid hit, then we moved and bought our first house. Probably going to be starting a new job soon too. lol Anyways, I have been listening to my 4.5's for just under a year now and I love them! There are some areas that i do prefer over the...
  20. Infinity!

US Healthcare

I have worked in healthcare for many years, mainly dealing with insurance. All I got to say is apply for Medicaid and see what they will do. I have seen countless (thousands) of applicants who shouldn't have received medicaid and they do! If that doesnt work, talk to your local hospital and/or...
  21. Infinity!

Lost my buddy way too soon.

So sorry man! Definitely praying for you. We are so blessed as a human race to have dogs, we really don't deserve them. They truly are man's best friend. Stay strong!
  22. Infinity!

Infinity RS4.5 Restoration - Should I Stay or Should I go?

Definitely interesting to read about the lack of mid bass and/or mid range. I havent had much time to listen to my 4.5's, as I recently have moved. However, with the limited time I have had with them and comparing them to my IIb's, the EMIM's and EMIT's on the 4.5's are MUCH quieter and not as...
  23. Infinity!

Infinity RS4.5 Restoration - Should I Stay or Should I go?

Quite interested in hearing your thoughts on the recap/rebuild and how they have affected the overall sound of your 4.5's. Also, very interesting to hear that you prefer the original EMIMs over the Graz replacements. What exactly do you not like about the replacements? I've never heard them...
Back
Top Bottom