3. OLDBOLDDIVER

Any in South Florida??

I live in Port Charlotte, I would be interested
  4. OLDBOLDDIVER

Hello from Muscle Shoals, Alabama

Welcome.......i'm an old Alabama boy myself
  5. OLDBOLDDIVER

KG5.5 vs Epic CF-2 (v.1) vs Chorus II

I have a pair of Chorus 1's as my front speakers in my home theater and they do a great job. I replaced a pair of LaScalas with these and have never regretted it. But, like their Heritage brethren they will expose any weaknesses in your sources. I also own Klipschorns and Belles and the horns...
  6. OLDBOLDDIVER

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

1900 7270 C39 MR78
  7. OLDBOLDDIVER

List your Klipsch speakers

Klipschorns Belles LaScalas sold Chorus 1's RF-5 Heresy 2 pair KSW-15 Various bookshelfs Never owned a pair of Cornwalls, love them and always wanted a pair but just never worked out.
  8. OLDBOLDDIVER

Klipsch RF-5

RF'5's are the RF7's little brother, I have a pair that I bought new in the early 2000's. They are nice speakers but need a lot of power to make them sound their best. You don't see them come up for sale very often.
  9. OLDBOLDDIVER

what years was the KR-8010 made?

I was also under the impression that 1981 was the last year they were made. I have two, they are very nice looking receivers and are definitely beasts. One of mine has the factory rack handles. You can still pick them up at a reasonable price.
  10. OLDBOLDDIVER

Sarasota/Ft. Myers Repair

I also live in Port Charlotte and have been trying to find someone good to work on vintage gear. I have an old Mcintosh receiver that I would love to get updated but don't want to trust just anyone to work on it. Any recommendations in the SW Fla area?
  11. OLDBOLDDIVER

2016 South Florida AK Gathering February 20th is on!

Sorry guys....have to make emergent trip to Nashville today. Bummed out, I was really looking forward to this. Hope everyone has a blast. Will have to be next time for me.
  12. OLDBOLDDIVER

2016 South Florida AK Gathering February 20th is on!

I'll be there, just got everything worked out, someone taking my call that day. Looking forward to it. Anyone else in the Port Charlotte, Northport, Punta Gorda or Cape Coral area going?
  13. OLDBOLDDIVER

Southern Florida AK Meet Up ?

I'm interested. I'm in Port Charlotte on the SW coast and can bring some nice old ss Mcintosh stuff for possible trades. Kind of been wanting to listen to some tube stuff.
  14. OLDBOLDDIVER

How many tuners do you have?

Mcintosh MR78 Sansui TU-666 Marantz ST 400 Sony ST-JX 3L that I bought new in 1982
  15. OLDBOLDDIVER

These followed me home.

Beautiful......used to have a pair just like them. It is incredible how much loud, crystal clear sound they can reproduce.
  16. OLDBOLDDIVER

How many members use reel to reel decks here ?

I have two Teac X-1000R's, an Akai 747dbx and a Teac 3300SX. I still want one of the big Crowns that I used to lust after back in the late 70's as a teenager. Maybe one day.
  17. OLDBOLDDIVER

A thanks to my wife

Belle's are the only speakers I have ever owned that my wife actually liked the way they look. Great speakers....Love mine
  18. OLDBOLDDIVER

Cornwall cuestions...

If I could buy a nice pair of Cornwalls for $700 I would be all over it. People down here are asking 1,000 to 1,200 for them now.
  19. OLDBOLDDIVER

Emotiva separates

I have an Emotiva XPA-2 that I have had for about seven years that has worked flawlessly. To my ears it sounds as good as my Mcintosh mc7270, just different. I also have an XPR-5 powering my surround system for about two years which also sounds great. So far seems like good quality equipment.
  20. OLDBOLDDIVER

Anybody using gear 30+ years old that hasn't been restored?

I have quite a few also, some of my favorites are......a 1979 Kenwood KR8010 that has just been cleaned out and controls cleaned and a few lamps replaced, still sounds great. A 1973 Mac 1900 that takes a while to warm up , I'm sure it would benefit from updating but it still sounds wonderful. A...
  21. OLDBOLDDIVER

Another VS. Thread

My Belles never cease to thrill me, they are effortless and beautiful and the only speakers I have ever owned that my wife actually liked the way they look. I have always liked Cornwalls with cane grills too. I agree with macyjrm if they are close in price go for the Belles.
  22. OLDBOLDDIVER

MC7270 replacement lamps?

Hey guys, I'm sure this subject has been covered before but I can't seem to find much info on it. I haven't figured out AK's search engine yet. After many years of searching I just purchased my first 7270. Man this thing is heavy! and big. It looks great with my C39 and MR78 and it sounds as...
  23. OLDBOLDDIVER

Beach Boys-Over rated or under achievers?

The sheer amount of great music they recorded in the early to mid 60's is incredible. I also agree with "In My Room" being a wonderful song, it foretells Brian Wilson's oncoming mental issues. Best American band ever.
  24. OLDBOLDDIVER

Got a pair of birch Cornwalls for $100.00 off CL...

Wow! Those turned out really nice, not crazy about black but those look great with that grille cloth and your setup. Great job!
Back
Top Bottom