Search results

1. chinacave

Airgun repair or diagnosis? - Walther pistol/ OLD Daisy rifle

#1) Family members Old Daisy pump bb rifle model #25- issue is bb's simply ROLL or dribble out of the barrel- not being held by the magazine tube? #2)- Audio Guru Jerry loaned me his Walther P88 semi-auto with a red dot scope - 2 issues: scope mount is missing a part on the rail, so. Scope is...
  2. chinacave

n/a Parts source for HP T520 Plotter 'Main Board'?

Not audio, but will be DIY! I am the family business default IT / repair Monkey / Schieder. My beloved HP T520 sh*t the bed and as a result of an amazingly quick chat online with an HP-bot / human I discover I need a new ‘Main Board bundle’ # “CQ890-67097 AXL MPCA and Bundle Pro kit” – I...
  3. chinacave

? Finding particular police / DA Auction in Florida/ AK Braintrust

Trying to help a friend recover her grandmothers jewellery - LONG story short; Her cousin ended up with grandmothers rings etc. Just convicted for 2nd time on same stupid fraud scheme, will be doing time. Epic dumbA**.... She has the case #and basic location - but she is in the Northeast...
  4. chinacave

Audio Research D-150: If Saul Marantz and Tim Allen collaborated?

Dual welding machine doubles as stereo amp or bridge anchor. 115lbs. Interesting schematic, and very well laid out & clear - each stage is labeled as to function so an idiot like me can follow along a bit. http://www.arcdb.ws/D150/D150.html...
  5. chinacave

MCM Bell & Howell Tube Console / Ebay p/u in Indiana

One of my dream units Iconic & prolific MCM designer: tubes - appears to be Mono...? Looks like you could set it to record off the air on a timer - 1950s (audio only) TiVo! Oscilloscope! Too $$$, Too Far. Too Project for me. RARE Bell & Howell 872 Paul McCobb Console Radio HI-FI Black...
  6. chinacave

Hi voltage in 1st stage of Heath W2 Williamson / heatet caps

Hi - recently I completely rebuilt a pair of Heath W2 amps - one is having an issue. Discovered at a local 'Fest that the two .25 coupling caps were heating up enough to loosen the covers. I replaced them and checked all the wiring (all new save the orange wire - heaters, ground & and...
  7. chinacave

BlueGlow - Top Notch

Very pleased with a deal made with Mark / Blueglow recently - buy / sell trade with confidence.
  8. chinacave

What are the tube amps spotted in this Video profile of Wm. Eggleston?

Sorry - Have not mastered short links in the new Regime.... Early Macs on the right...
  9. chinacave

Heathkit SP-2A Stereo Preamp refurb

I've had this dual mono preamp for some time, and now it is on the bench, hopefully for future use in a new (old) office system. After rebuilding the power supply and replacing three tubes that were weak to close to dead, it works, but with almost no bass. The bass tone control works, and...
  10. chinacave

Many thanks to Jera

Pleasure to deal with from start to finish - He could not have been more accommodating or prompt! Many thanks -Chinacave
  11. chinacave

Kegger - Great to trade with

Bought an amp from the Kegger a month or so ago, and as before, boringly predictable. - Item shipped fast, packed extremely well and better than described / pictured. Whats not to like? Sterling.
  12. chinacave

kolledog - Many thanks

Bought a pair of speakers from Jeff - Fine deal, smooth throughout and can recommend unreservedly. Many Thanks
  13. chinacave

BugleGirl / hits nail on head; Caddylac seller

Kudos + thanks ONCE more for a great transaction with Frannie. Tube caddies arrived fast, extremely well packed and better than description and pictures. Thanks again!
  14. chinacave

I Think I figured out why one amp was occasionally distoring

Very strange - occasionally the sound in the one of of the Heathkit UA-1's in my shop (coupling caps replaced to kill red-plating, PS filter caps still original...I Know, I know....) would uh, MUSH, and still play, but be filled with a level of noise & distortion. Then resolve. So, in a...
  15. chinacave

hirscwi - great to deal with

Very good / smooth transaction with hirscwi - Highly recommended. Thanks
  16. chinacave

EXTREMELY thourough P-51 Mustang Restoration - Working Guns!

Now THAT is attention to detail! P-51 Mustang Resto w/ WORKING .50 Cal Some people just have to go the extra little mile in detailed restorations. My hats off to him / them - Testing the SIX Browning .50cal Many questions. Bet he cant fly it (legally) very far... at least with the...
  17. chinacave

Tube from a New Nation?

Grabbed a 6267 / EF86 from a sleeve of 5 - NIB / NOS / ETC. I picked up 20+ years ago and found this - GE Boxes.... Guess I should check the rest of the sleeves.... Also digging the 'ransom-note' style of each letter apparently done individually, and at a slightly different...
  18. chinacave

FASCINATING Vintage Hi-Fi Blog / itishifi.com/

One of the most interesting and diverse blogs around - Some may know it, have not seen it mentioned here. Feb 17th entry is on the Fairchild transformers - pull up a chair and a cup of coffee - you will likely be here a while. Last month - GREAT Live Talking Heads concert from 1980! Old...
  19. chinacave

punkzter - Great to deal with

Had a great transaction selling some gear to Mr. Punkzter - would be please o do so again - first rate!
  20. chinacave

vintage audio mention in NY Times Sunday Review

"Sunday Review" section- 'download' column - a Profile of Catherine Bailey; a MCM ceramics Co. Owner has the following;
  21. chinacave

bre's dad - Super buyer

Just shipped an item to Craig and would recommend him to all - a pleasure to deal with - Thanks again!
  22. chinacave

HVHiFI - Xcellent AK-er

Mike is a great dude to work with - sold a pair of amps to him and could not be more pleased - Buy / sell w/ great confidence! :tresbon:
  23. chinacave

SME 3012 - Bent tonearm Rod

I am cleaning and renewing several SME tonearms for a good friend. Pretty straightforward really, with the needed parts from Flat Earth Audio (no affiliation) - I have been able to clean and replace aged / wearable parts (Rubber couplings and washers) from this state: to This...
  24. chinacave

JHS2RT Delivers the goods

Just bought a metal detector from James (hey, it makes audio TOO...) and am very happy w/ the whole transaction - Would be happy to deal with again - Thanks! ....now where is my buried hoard of gold dust at..........:banana:
  25. chinacave

Altec theatre horns # A2 / 210 in Columbus, Ohio

Passed on for someone with 1) Short Money, possibly 2) A truck 3) A huge room 4) Zero need for any measurable WAF http://www.ebay.com/itm/Altec-Lansing-Voice-of-the-Theatre-A2-Cabinet-from-Ohio-Theatre-Mighty-Morton-/251582015877?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Speakers_Monitors&hash=item3a9374e985 Totally...
Back
Top Bottom