Search results

1. Audioraven

Can Ice Cubes reduce pops/clicks caused by a scratch on an LP?

I came across this suggestion on the interwebs. You can reduce the audibility of scratches on a record by rubbing an ice cube on the record in the same direction as the grooves. Have any of you tried this? Could it inflict more sonic damage than good? Just curious, as I am tempted to try it on...
  2. Audioraven

70TH Anniversary Klipsch La Scala

Man these are sweet looking! Way out of my price range, unfortunately.:(
  3. Audioraven

TEAC CDC90 metal reel cassette... a cool find!

Found this at a thrift shop locally. I dig this Normal bias example 'cause the reels are silver colored, like it's big brothers. The Chrome and Metal bias versions of this tape have gold colored reels most of the time. Now I have to decide if I leave it in the wrapper, or, put it in a cassette...
  4. Audioraven

Popular Photography Magazine Archive

I came across this Popular Photography archive on Google Books the other day. It's a great resource, especially for you 35mm film photographers out there. It includes almost all issues from JAN '81-DEC '99 and also JAN '05-DEC'08. Here is the link...
  5. Audioraven

Does Vinyl need a cooling off period before repeat track/side play?

I remember reading back in the day, that if you immediately replayed a side or track on a record, you would cause excessive groove wear. Something about the LP surface being softened from the heat of the stylus friction and thus susceptible to extra wear. Any truth to this, or is it an Old...
  6. Audioraven

Has anybody ever seen this tube amp?

This was pulled from an unlabeled console. It says Williamson Model G2525 Los Angeles County Calif. on the chassis. It's an integrated amplifier with a quad of EL84's, an EZ81 rectifier and five 12AX7's rounding out the tube complement. All tubes are GE except for two 12AX7's which I think...
  7. Audioraven

McIntosh MC275 amp on "How It's Made"

Season 23 Episode 9 of the Science show "How It's Made" features a segment on the manufacture of tube power amplifiers. They show a McIntosh MC275 being assembled at the MAC factory. I saw it on TV this weekend and it was pretty cool! You can check it out online here...
  8. Audioraven

TICE Clock

Does anybody out there remember the TICE Clock? It was quite controversial, many thought it was audiophile BS, others swore it made a huge difference in sound quality. I never saw/heard one myself. Anybody out there have personal experience/thoughts on the TPT treated clock?
  9. Audioraven

Using Japanese 100v Stereo components in the US

A question for all you techies out there. Is it necessary to use a step-down converter to run 100 volt (Japanese Market) components in the USA? Or is the extra 10-25 volts within the safety limits of most components power supplies? I've never been able to find a definitive answer to this question.
Back
Top Bottom