Search results

1. G

SX-727 Aux only, no phono or tuner working

FIXED! The "In2" connection wire (my splice) was bad. While I had continuity, there was some shorting going on where the black and white wires join together. Thank you Mark, it was your prompting to repeat the wet finger test (with the transistor properly oriented), that showed that In2 was...
  2. G

FWIW, I was just poking around with my multimeter and I am getting the same measurements comparing voltages on caps and transistors from channel 1 to channel 2.
  3. G

Thank you Mark for the description dead vs. dying transistor in regards to the effect on the board. That makes sense. If these transistors are placed incorrect it's unfortunately ironic, the whole reason I bought this new board off ebay is because it had the transistors replaced already and I...
  4. G

Sorry, I mis-spoke, I meant to say: Transistor - wrong orientation - no mono (no sound at all) Dead Transistor - right orientation - we have mono With my question being, so a working transistor in the wrong way, produces a different output (a totally dead board?, no sound) than a dead...
  5. G

Hi Mark, I found that wire last night as well, that was a recent addition from the night before. (I might not have even turned the power on with it in place.) . But regardless, just so I understand what we're talking about: If Q1 was destroyed when put in wrong, wouldn't I have had no sound...
  6. G

Ok, a little victory. Phono and FM/AM are now working! Q1 (i think it was Q1) was not orientated properly. Thank you Mark for steering me towards this board, the side to focus on and the transistor orientation. Bad news, they only work in Mono. No sound from the right channel, unless mono...
  7. G

Thank you both for responding. Mark, I'm getting 30v at B+. in1 and in2.. i can a hear a little popping, out2 good buzz, out1 nothing.
  8. G

Hi All, I have a problem with my SX-727. Currently, no sound from the phono or am/fm tuner. Aux works fine, as well as the tape monitor. For a little backstory, I've been hacking away at this thing for a few years now. (thanks to the helpful info in this forum). I've replaced the majority...
  9. G

Pioneer SX-727 How to Access Power Amp Board

I thought I would update this thread in case anyone comes across it in the future. I don't think it is necessary to remove the screws above. I ended up snipping all the wire connections on the other side of the board which allowed me to rotate the board enough to replace caps and transistors...
  10. G

Pioneer SX-727 How to Access Power Amp Board

Pioneer SX-727 How to Access Power Amp Board EDIT: Fixed! Hi Guys, First off, I'm very appreciative and impressed by the level of knowledge and help as I've been lurking, researching, etc. about my receiver. Kudos to you all. Long story short I'm in the middle of a recap of a SX-727...
Back
Top Bottom