Search results

1. Citroen

What cartridges are we using?

Additions are Kiseki Blue NS Lyra Delos (current main cart)
  2. Citroen

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

I had a Supex 900 Super and forever regret selling it!
  3. Citroen

What are they @ear4audio ?
  4. Citroen

Kiseki Blue NS
  5. Citroen

Onzow: Zero Dust

That's why I stopped using Magic Eraser years ago and started using an Onzow. Best stylus cleaner I've used ever! Which is why I investigated cheaper alternatives and was pointed to the Moon Gel product. Firstly the blue gel but then found some clear gel ones which shows up the dirt more...
  6. Citroen

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

Hi @Duane I was a bit concerned at first putting the power amp beneath the pre but there's a lot of room/air around them. And when I put my hand on the heat sink of the power amp its only luke warm at best, when usually run at between 60 and 75%
  7. Citroen

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/what-tts-do-you-folks-have.108/page-265 401 with Analogue Instruments arm and an Aura with DV505, The Wand Plus 12" and SME3012R arms I was pleasantly surprised by the phono section of the C2500 and as my Sugden Masterclass PA-4 doesn't have enough...
  8. Citroen

To clamp or not to clamp? That is the question.

Indeed. Sound quality goes hand in hand I believe. I'm actually surprised that on your TT a clamp doesn't help or at least is neutral. Is it a flat bottom or reflex clamp? Weight?
  9. Citroen

Good question. Generally, I've never had great luck with rubber mats. They seem to suck the life out of the record. With or without a clamp (or weight). Felt can sound OK but has practical problems with static and dust. A rigid mat? Usually sounds better to me but that's on TT's that like being...
  10. Citroen

So as not to derail the "If you have a turntable you should have a record clamp thread" http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/if-you-have-a-turntable-you-should-have-a-record-clamp.816837/ There are many reasons to use a record clamp. 1. To flatten a warped record 2. To couple the...
  11. Citroen

Your tolerance for warped records?

I have a Dyn 505 and it tracks really well on warped records but I have no tolerance. I hate to think what strain its putting on my cart, even if it doesn't mistrack. So I have a Vinyl Flat. If that and a "reflex" clamp doesn't work, unless its a a hair whisper of a warp, I'll ditch it.
  12. Citroen

If You Have a Turntable You Should Have a Record Clamp

For fear of getting banished and/or deleted, the post title is "If You Have a Turntable You Should Have a Record Clamp" While I agree that 95% of turntables should have a clamp of the design espoused by the OP, I would also like to point out that this sort of clamp may not necessarily be right...
  13. Citroen

You want to educate as to the best clamp design. And I agree its the hollow bottom design, coupled with a spacer to lessen warps. My point being sometimes NO clamp is the best clamp design, depending on turntable. BTW, It was David Gammon of Transcriptor that designed that TT in the 60's, and...
  14. Citroen

As an aside, while I agree with this generally, especially for a high mass platter, I have also had excellent results on some turntables with not coupling the record to the platter by using a resomat (pic taken from the net, not mine) on my 401. I think its better removed from the noise...
  15. Citroen

The best for flattening warped records clamp I've owned was the one on my VPI Scout. I've since sold the TT, and would buy another clamp but it only fits threaded spindles. I currently have these Clearaudio clamps
  16. Citroen

Let's see your cans!

17. Citroen

C2500 and MC302
  18. Citroen

HOW DO YOU STORE YOUR VINYL?

Dining room vinyl storage
  19. Citroen

What cartridges are we using?

My inventory currently includes Audio Technica AT-95e Ortofon OM10 Goldring GX-1006/1012/1042 Goldring G800 Grado Signature 8 Supex SDX1000 Koetsu MC1 longbody Denon DL-102 mono Denon DL-103R (x3: Shibata, Panzerholz, wood) Soundsmith Denon 103R Gold Zu Denon DL-103 Mk II Audio Technica...
  20. Citroen

Who can name these turntables

That record clamp on the Ultimate costs $1500! Must be fun moving all 850 lbs out of the way to watch movies on the projector screen behind it.
  21. Citroen

HOW DO YOU STORE YOUR VINYL?

22. Citroen

Zu Denon 103 MkII grade 2
  23. Citroen

Garrard 301/401 owners club!

401 in sapele wood plinth with Analogue Instruments arm
Back
Top Bottom