Search results

1. S

Game Console build needs Audio

I built one of those about 10 years ago...I think you’re exactly right about a 2.1 setup, and what you suggested would work great, I think. Another thought...I used a Cambridge Soundworks 2.1 set of computer speakers w/ a powered sub. Cambridge used make great 2.1 computer speakers sets, jbl...
  2. S

Thanksgiving morning recipe

Like the OP, I fired up my Marantz 2270, threw some Steve Goodman on the turntable and turned it up loud enough to hear in the kitchen while I made dough for Parker House rolls. Nice morning.
  3. S

Vinyl or CD??? The debate has been settled!

I have seen that same insert a number of times, some marketing team clearly responding to tape-based formats. It's a fun read. Well-recorded material will sound good on CD, lossless or near-lossless streaming. But I like the process of listening to a record, sitting down and listening to an...
  4. S

Looking for receiver suggestions, 50wpc, under $300, 70's styling

+1 on the Pioneers. I have an SX-626 at home that I love. Plenty of inputs. I saw someone mention a Tandberg also...I have a TR-2045 and love it. Tandbergs are nice, but you may get more bang for your buck with Pioneers - there are just a lot more of them around.
  5. S

No more Chromecast Audio

Do you use a mobile app to stream your NAS content? Which one?
  6. S

Large Scale Speaker Sound.

I've enjoyed this discussion. I have a smaller listening room, but have been moving towards bigger speakers for years. Went from Paradigm mini-monitors with a sub to ADS L730s to Klipsch KG 5.5s - and I think the Klipschs are going to stay. The Klipschs are likely way too big for the room (20'...
  7. S

No more Chromecast Audio

That's a great point! I am more hopeful about continued support now...
  8. S

No more Chromecast Audio

This is a wonderful feature. I have three groups set up in my house and it's been a solid whole home audio solution for less than the cost of a single Sonos speaker. (not counting, of course, the cost of the existing receivers/radios that I connected the Chromecasts to)
  9. S

No more Chromecast Audio

In terms of support, my concern is continued support in apps and the Chrome browser. Wouldn't surprise me if Pandora, Spotify, etc wind down support for Chromecast - which would be a shame.
  10. S

Identify these speakers?

Thanks all! I think I'm going to pick these speakers up in a couple weeks. When I get them home I'll open them up, that may yield some clues.
  11. S

Identify these speakers?

Oh, you may have nailed it. These do look like the Heathkit SS-1, at least in terms of horn placement and size. And you're right, the SS-1 images that I just browsed on line look a bit different, front is entirely covered with grill cloth, and I think they look better than these...
  12. S

Identify these speakers?

...I've also tried a Google reverse photo lookup and found nothing...
  13. S

Identify these speakers?

Saw these in a local classified listing...no other information than "6 1/2 inch woofer and horn-loaded tweeter". Have emailed the seller and not heard back yet. I've not seen anything quite like these...does anyone know what in the heck these speakers are? Thanks!
  14. S

Homerun TV - How does it work

It may not give you anything above and beyond your current DVR - but they are not locked into any one content provider. @whoaru99 described the devices nicely. I used to have two HD Homeruns on my network that I used with Windows Media Center. I used that system as a DVR for over the air HDTV...
  15. S

Boise, Idaho

Huh - I thought i posted a picture of the jukebox yesterday, but I don't see it. Let's try again... WP_20170102_12_54_36_Pro (1) by selwaycrags posted Oct 4, 2017 at 10:48 AM
  16. S

Boise, Idaho

Yes, that's the one - I am VERY interested in that KLH. No need for a tuner, that should fit the bill. Maybe I could run out and have a look soon? This weekend? I'll PM you...Thanks!
  17. S

Boise, Idaho

Say - one more question - I am in search of a nice old, vintage all-in one with a turntable - something that is decent and won't destroy my records. Looks are critical, it's for my wife's sitting room. I made the huge mistake of buying her a pink Crosley suitcase turntable a few years ago, and...
  18. S

Boise, Idaho

I sure love my jukebox, I'm fortunate my wife lets me keep a wood-paneled man-cave at the back of the house. All I've had to do to it so far is to replace lamps and ballasts and generally clean it up - but will be doing a bit of maintenance on the turntable this winter.
  19. WP_20170102_12_54_36_Pro (1)

WP_20170102_12_54_36_Pro (1)

AMR/Rowe R-91 jukebox
  20. S

The SL-110/Sl-1100 and SP owners club.

Been running an SL-1100 for about 5 years, I absolutely love it. Original tone arm. Have been drooling over the wood arm board pictures, and would love to have the wood skirt and arm board on my turntable.
  21. S

Boise, Idaho

Hey guys, thanks for the meetup on Sunday, had a great time. I completely forgot to ask - are any of you jukebox owners? I have an AMI/Rowe R-91 (holds 100 45's) - it's currently in good working condition, but would be nice to know if there are any other jukebox guys out there to bounce ideas...
  22. S

Boise, Idaho

Hi! Heard about the meetup from RayN, I will try and join. Long time lurker, have an assortment of vintage gear spread across my home, office, and garage. My active setup is: Music: Tandberg TR-2045 Technics SL-1100 A/D/S L730 Video: Marantz SR-780 Paradigm mini-monitors (from the Stereo...
Back
Top Bottom