Search results

1. hogzilla

Thorens 124 Fine Speed Adjustment Help/Tips

Good suggestions! I actually worked with the eddy brake quite a bit and as I've been battling speed issues also. I checked the round bracket (need to find the actual name) that connects to the rod, under the stepped pulley. I rebuilt that last night to make sure it was as smooth as possible...
  2. hogzilla

I'll clean those parts and flip the bushing again. I tried flipping it, but didn't mess with it too long and gave up pretty quick as it didn't have any affect. I've messed with this thing for hours so far. I'll try anything at this point!
  3. hogzilla

Hi all, I am nearly complete with my first restoration. Everything is going really well but the I'm having a tough time getting the fine speed adjustment working properly. Does anyone with experience have any tips on this? All the parts are there, it just isn't "grabbing" the edge of the rod to...
  4. hogzilla

New AVA Vision Adjustable phono preamp

I have two of these in my Fet Valve CF and it is quite a fantastic phono stage. For $500 you can't come close to touching it with anything else out there. And then throw in the fact you can contact Frank any time for help and assistance after the sale. No brainer.
  5. hogzilla

Magnavox 8802 Pilot Light Help (photos)

:thmbsp: Pat, thanks a lot! Last night as I was thinking through the circuit, this was the little lightbulb that went off above my head. The use of the diode on the opposite side made sense. And thinking through it further it made sense that it would be polarized so swapping it seemed to be...
  6. hogzilla

Thanks for the clarification. I am quite green in matters like this so I'm learning as I go. I appreciate all the guidance. I have two leads going back to the two heater posts. One side has the resistor, the other has the diode with the LED in between. I had it up and running for around 2...
  7. hogzilla

Figured it out. The diode was not polarized properly. Switched the wiring around and viola! it came to life. Thanks a lot guys, y'all were a huge help! And it sounds fantastic! :banana::banana::banana:
  8. hogzilla

I gave that a shot too. :/
  9. hogzilla

6.4 volts! Thanks! Now I need to figure out what I did wrong. I used a silicon rectifier diode 1N4007 on one side and a 180 ohm resistor on the other, however, I have no light. I'm wondering if the diode is causing an issue with this. I was suggested to use a 1N400, but the 1N4007 was the...
  10. hogzilla

Thanks for the tip. Now it gets more confusing. The meter dances between .03 - .11 volts. Set the decimal for 0.00 and 00.0. I'm pretty certain I'm doing something wrong here. I tested between the two fat yellow wires.
  11. hogzilla

Both of those are 20 volts. I'm a bit perplexed.
  12. hogzilla

Magnavox 8802 Can Capacitor Rebuild - Need Guidance

Here's a photo showing the update to the can-capacitor section. Thanks for all the help!
  13. hogzilla

Hi all, hopefully the last question on this build and I can start enjoying it! I am connecting a pilot light to the posts the original pilot light was connected to. I had thought this was a 6.3 volt post, but turns out both posts used for the original pilot light have 20 volts. I'm no expert...
  14. hogzilla

Thanks! When this is revised next weekend I'll update this for those looking to replicate the can rebuild process.
  15. hogzilla

Would this 470 ohm / 5 watt work in it's place? I'm not sure when the different types of resistors are appropriate. Can any type be used so long as the specs are correct? http://www.parts-express.com/470-ohm-5w-resistor-wire-wound-5-tolerance--015-470
  16. hogzilla

I appreciate the catches here. I'll get it up in no time. (finding wood to knock on) :)
  17. hogzilla

Brilliant. Thanks so much for the assists on this! Time for more parts. Hopefully the last one.
  18. hogzilla

Another good catch. Glad I had you guys look this over. Thank you!
  19. hogzilla

Led Here is a link to the LED I was using. http://www.parts-express.com/ultra-bright-blue-5mm-led-5500-mcd--070-505 Based on the LED Wizard on the page and an input voltage of 6.3, it looks like I need a 150 ohm resistor to get the job done. Does that sound right?
  20. hogzilla

That's a very good catch. I completely missed that. Went wholesale using 1/2 watts and missed that one on the schematic. Will replace ASAP.
  21. hogzilla

That's a good idea. Curiosity got the best of me and i fired it up on a couple old speakers plugging it into my iPod. It sounds amazing. These things punch WAY above their weight. Unfortunately, the groovy blue LED died shortly after plugging it in. I plugged it straight into the pilot light...
  22. hogzilla

I will shot another photo when this is installed and get a second look before putting power through it. I really, really, really appreciate the help!
  23. hogzilla

Thanks guys! ferninando, I was hoping you'd catch wind of this! gadget73, thanks for the tips. I will look that over and confirm before putting it all together.
  24. hogzilla

Here's the schematic I'm working with. The negatives are all sent to the grounding post at the top.
Back
Top Bottom