Search results

1. highwaychile

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Picked up a Sony PS-LX2 turntable, Sony SLV-D300P VHS/DVD combo, Sony MDR-IF210 wireless headphones and Epicure 2.0 speakers for $17.50 at an estate sale. The Epicures need to be refoamed of course.
  2. highwaychile

$1 garage sale CD's from yesterday: Elvis-Elvis Presley (1985 RCA) Elvis-As Recorded at Madison Square Garden The Outfield-Play Deep The Outfield-Bangin' Allman Brothers Band-The Fillmore Concert (turns out I already had this version, so I'll pass it along) AC/DC-Razor's Edge (original issue)...
  3. highwaychile

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I guess this is the best thread for this. $1 CD's at the Annual Half Price Books Clearance Sale yesterday. Amazing Rhythm Aces-Ride Again Roy Ayers-Live at Ronnie Scott's (Dual Disc, sealed) Various-Back to the Big Easy (DCC Compact Classics) Buckwheat Zydeco-Menagerie: The Essential Zyedeco...
  4. highwaychile

Garage sale today listed "stereos," bought their table full of goodies for $65. Harman Kardon AVR 20II Harman Kardon FL8300 CD changer Boston Acoustics PV400 sub Boston Acoustics CR65 bookshelf speakers Panasonic RA-6600 Receiver w/8-track Along with assorted Monster Cable interconnects and...
  5. highwaychile

Garage sale 50 cent CD's today: Various-The British Invasion: The History or British Rock, Vol. 2 (Rhino, no artwork) Various-The British Invasion: The History or British Rock, Vol. 5 (Rhino) Uncle Tupelo -89/93: An Anthology (no artwork) The Pixies-Doolittle (no artwork) John Lee Hooker-Best...
  6. highwaychile

Lawrence, KS sale upcoming - some high end stuff!

$2 each. Went back today and picked up another 35 or so for 50 cents and $1 each.
  7. highwaychile

I picked up 63 CD's, so too many to list, but some of the highlights: Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon (SACD) Rory Gallagher-Irish Tour (Buddha) Rory Gallagher-Defender (Capo/Demon) Marvin Gaye-What's Going On/Let's Get It On (early Tamla smooth case) Johnny Winter-Nothin' But the Blues (Blue...
  8. highwaychile

Annual Audio Reader sale last night, a block from my house. Proceeds go to a program for reading to the blind. Hundreds of A/V components that have been checked out by techs, thousands of CD's and LP's @ $2 each. I picked up 63 CD's, so too many to list, but some of the highlights: Pink...
  9. highwaychile

I drove a ways, but not that far! I would have called ahead for more info first.
  10. highwaychile

Drove a ways to a garage sale this morning on a whim after seeing a listing for "hundreds of CD's and working vintage stereo equipment." The CD's were 99% modern country, and the stereo equipment consisted of one low end Realistic combo unit, but I did find 3 gems amongst the CD's. $1 each. New...
  11. highwaychile

It's an annual rite for me. Always a lot of great stuff there. And I live across the street.
  12. highwaychile

Oops, left 5 Time Life CD's off the list, all from "The Rock 'n' Roll Era" Series: The '50's: Last Dance The '50's: Keep On Rockin' 1954-1955 1956: Still Rockin' The New Orleans Sound
  13. highwaychile

$40 for these CD's at a garage sale. A few of the better gems are in bold. Jeff Beck- You Had It Coming, Jeff Lonnie Brooks-Roadhouse Blues Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown-Gate Swings Buggles-Age of Plastic Paul Butterfield Blues Band-s/t Albert Collins-Ice Pickin'...
  14. highwaychile

Luxman M-4000 Score!

Congrats on the 4000!
  15. highwaychile

Some $1 CD's today @ thrift stores in Estes Park while the ladies were doing some shopping: Blue Rodeo-Nowhere to Here Shooting Star-Touch Me Tonight: The Best of Stevie Wonder-Characters Steve Wonder- A Time to Love Stevie Wonder-Songs in the Key of Life (Tamla, Disc 1 only) Boz Scaggs-Speak...
  16. highwaychile

On vacation I hit a pawn shop and used shop and found these $1 CD's: The Spongetones/Where-Ever-Land Lucinda Williams/Essence (own it, but handed it over to my daughter's boyfriend) Dave Edmunds/DE 7th (own it, will probably hand it over to him also) Knebworth/The Album (2 disc fatboy) The...
  17. highwaychile

Thrift store and garage sales finds today. $24 for 16 titles. A couple I already had, but could you pass up "Decade" for 50 cents? Surely I know somebody I can pass it and Cry of Love "Brother" along to for that price.
  18. highwaychile

The wife and I went out to eat tonight and she wanted to hit a couple of thrift stores on the way. She didn't find anything, but I struck paydirt. All of this for $16. the Blasters "Non-Fiction" LP James Brown "The One" hardcover book Marshall Crenshaw "Live!" DVD-Audio The rest are CD's...
  19. highwaychile

So....how do they sound?
  20. highwaychile

CD's $1 each at a garage sale this morning: Led Zeppelin "Physical Graffiti"-Barry Diament mastering Bob Marley & the Wailers "Survival"-Barry Diament mastering Cheap Trick "One On One" I had all of these, but couldn't leave them on the table at that price. Hoodoo Gurus "Crank" Pink Floyd "The...
  21. highwaychile

Luxman C-02 M-02; quality, classes and heat.

I own an M-02 (along with an M-300 which can be operated in Class A or A/B). The M-02 does generate some heat, but nothing remotely close to what the M-300 generates. I currently have the M-02 in my second listening room (Luxman M-2000 in my main room), so it's not used a lot. But when I had it...
  22. highwaychile

CL Alert: Sansui Seven Pre-Amp and Amp, Polk Audio SDA 2A ... more.

I picked up a pair last year about this time. They were listed on CL for $250, but when I asked about the accompanying cable, the seller came down to $175. After securing the appropriate cable that runs between the left and right speakers, I am pleased with the depth and imaging. For the $200 of...
  23. highwaychile

Mike Mc's System

Apparently the McIntosh systems are merely a rumor.
  24. highwaychile

Needs a push to get going and then slows to a crawl. I'll have to decide if I want to fiddle with this or just make a quick AS IS sale. I'm not a vinyl person to be honest, so not sure I'll take the time. Pretty cool find though. It was quickly obvious that this is a very well-made piece, and...
  25. highwaychile

Found this Yamaha YP-701 buried underneath a box of rotary telephones at a church garage sale. Picked it up (along with 3 blues CD's) for $5. It was filthy and is missing the anti-skate weight. After some clean up I'm ready to dig a little deeper.
Back
Top Bottom