Search results

1. SaltPeanuts

SACD recommendations

Beware, though, the Fournier put me back about 6,500 yen here in Tokyo, so that means you'll likely have to fork out about 80 bucks elsewhere (at least it's a double SACD set).
  2. SaltPeanuts

SACD recommendations

This Rachel Podger double SACD of Biber's Rosary Sonatas on Channel Classics is a great recording of period instruments.
  3. SaltPeanuts

SACD recommendations

Here's another new SACD. Pierre Fournier's Bach's Cello Suites. My pick next to my sentimental favorite version by Casals. It's a Japanese SACD and is available on Amazon I believe.
  4. SaltPeanuts

SACD recommendations

This is good--just picked it up last week. Don't know about availability though...
  5. SaltPeanuts

Tannoy owners thread

I have a pair of Tannoy Prestige Stirling GRs purchased new a couple of years ago and added Tannoy supertweeters to them a year later. I love the sound--they are perfect for my tiny condo. Tannoys are very popular here in Japan. I drive them with an old McIntosh MC7150, a new Luxman C-900U...
  6. SaltPeanuts

MC7150 bi-wire help--terminal explanation

Thanks for the response. I had assumed the opposite--that the COM was the positive and the 2/4/8 were the negative. Regards.
  7. SaltPeanuts

Oops. You're right. It should've read "I have an old MC7150 amp and want to bi-wire it to my speakers that have bi-wire terminals." Only one amp that I want to bi-wire to speakers. Mea culpa.
  8. SaltPeanuts

I am not a technical person so bear with me. I have an old MC7150 amp and want to bi-wire them to my speakers that have bi-wire terminals. The MC7150 features the old barrier strip version. Am I correct in assuming that the "COM" terminal on the left is the "plus/+" terminal (for connecting to...
  9. SaltPeanuts

New Luxman C-700u preamp and M-700u power amp

Later this month here in Japan, Luxman will be releasing a new preamp and power amp--their new midrange models inheriting some of the same features of their latest M-900u and C-900u models. The links below are all in Japanese; I am too lazy to do the translation for you all, but I imagine...
  10. SaltPeanuts

Long-winded query

Thanks guys for all your input. This gives me much to mull over. The Tannoys are new and I love them (they're the smallest of the Prestige line and are perfect for my small Tokyo space), so they're going nowhere until I give up the ghost. I'm in no rush to change things (except perhaps the...
  11. SaltPeanuts

Long-winded query

Thanks for the responses; I realize it was rather discursive. I'm going to spend the weekend in Akihabara checking all of these things out. As for Accuphase's integrated amp, they have just come out with the newest top-of-the-line model, E-600, which replaces the E-560. The price in Japan isn't...
  12. SaltPeanuts

Long-winded query

Hi folks. My current system is: MC7150 amp C36 preamp Luxman D-06 SACD player Tannoy Stirling Gold Reference (10" dual concentric) I purchased the amp and preamp new back in 1993 (or so) and don't really have any issues (aside from some noise with the preamp volume and dead lamps...
  13. SaltPeanuts

Today's JAZZ playlist

Great album! I saw Lou Donaldson here in Tokyo recently--he was superb!
  14. SaltPeanuts

Today's JAZZ playlist

Thanks and aloha to you too! Music is what it's all about, after all eh. Mahalo. Here's another one I'm listening to since poor old Charlie passed recently.
  15. SaltPeanuts

Today's JAZZ playlist

What I'm listening to in Tokyo Greetings from Tokyo. Just a partial list of recent spins. More to come. I'd highly recommend getting New Century Jazz Quintet's first release if you can find it. I just saw them at a small club here in Tokyo and they were hot! Ulysses Owens Jr., in particular...
Back
Top Bottom