Search results

1. highwaychild

Your Last Concert (or two)

Last concert: A trip to Bohemia to see "Lucky Brew". The band is not so-well known, maybe because they sing only in Czech. But they give it all on stage, and the singer Lucie Chánová has a great voice.
  2. highwaychild

Where to get a Plinth Template for a Dual 721 TT

Oh, they changed the server... This should work: http://www.hifi-archiv.info/Dual/1219Einbauschablone.pdf
  3. highwaychild

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Well, another Singer at the start of her career. Hopefully this song will find it's way on vinyl! Kristína Mihaľová - ŽENA
  4. highwaychild

Your Last Concert (or two)

Karol Komenda Group, release party for the first EP "Secret" Well, I had an invitiation to the party in Prague, Czech Republic...;-) To the music: It's riff-based blues-rock, inspired by Led Zep or Richie Kotzen with some Hendrix and Clapton shining through. No imitation of those bands, but...
  5. highwaychild

Lets See All Them Axes

My new love, albeight in a big package. A full-grown 17"-archtop acoustic guitar, made by Neubauer in Germany. Like many other German luthiers (Höfner, Hoyer, Framus...) he was from Schönbach/Luby in Czech Republic. She sounds awesome, but playing her is a bit demanding. The frets are quite...
  6. highwaychild

Concert: Hard Rock from Czech Republic near Bamberg! Lucky Brew unplugged!

And the "official" invitation in German
  7. highwaychild

The Band has it's own youtube channel, but the local TV station "JPV" has some interesting videos, also...just search for "Lucky Brew".
  8. highwaychild

Well, I don't know how many AKers life in or near Germany, but I think this band is worth some kilometers: Lucky Brew from Czech Republic. The band released it's second album this year, and...they will play in my home town, near Bamberg. The Czech music press locates them anywhere between...
  9. highwaychild

Squeaky Dual CS-606

Ok, to eliminate that the platter scratches anywhere on the chassis - is the noise still there if you take the platter of? The motor control will act funky without platter, so just do this for a moment or two...
  10. highwaychild

Squeaky Dual CS-606

My quite similar 626 runs without issues, but maybe I can help here a bit... So,this might be the motor. Does the noise change when you switch to 45 rpm?
  11. highwaychild

WOW! NOS Dual 1019!

Oh, I'm drooling...I love my 1019, and dream to find one in "mint" condition. Cost no option. Period. I want one!
  12. highwaychild

Lets See All Them Axes

I have a knack for German guitars, here is an East-German Musima MHS. It plays very nice with long sustain and quite a twang from bridge PU:
  13. highwaychild

Where to get a Plinth Template for a Dual 721 TT

Here you can find a PDF file with metric and imperial dimensions: http://dual.pytalhost.eu/1219Einbauschablone.pdf. The "Werkbrett" - that part that holds the chassis fits also for your 721. It's a very nice turntable, indeed...
  14. highwaychild

Happy Birthday, Stefan (highwaychild)!

Thank you! This year I'm celebrating at home, recovering from a broken foot (lasting souvenir from Ceske Drahy - small "railway accident".)
  15. highwaychild

Lets See All Them Axes

So, for a short while I am the proud...keeper of a Marshall 1974x, in that rare ivory cover. Came today from Marshall, UK and I will bring it soon to Prague, for a befriended musician.
  16. highwaychild

Lets See All Them Axes

My newest additions: Fender Blues Deville 4x10 Reissue: And a Sigma 000R-42:
  17. highwaychild

Dual TT question!

According to my informations, for the 1009 SK the TK11 was supplied. For the SK-2 and F-models the TK12 was shipped. Those two types of "Tonköpfen" are interchangeable. The only difference between the TK11 and TK12 is that in the later those Dual-Click-cartridges will fit (like Shure M75D and...
  18. highwaychild

Dual 721

Well, the 721 has indeed three AS-Scales, and for the Shibata-Stylus I would recommend the CD4 setting.
  19. highwaychild

Dual 1229 springs, springs, springs

Well, you could try to obtain springs for the 505-4 (they should fit). Or you could try to put a piece of foam into the existing springs to make them stiffer. Edit: I would keep the suspension; the existing plinth has imho not enough weight to make a good mass record player.
  20. highwaychild

TV series that you wish had lasted longer....

My two favorite untimely cancelled series: "The Finder" with Micheal Clarke Duncan (and Geoff Stults). And "The Glades" with Matt Passmore and Kiele Sanchez. Ended with a cliffhanger - is Detective Longworth dead or not? Stupid decision to let the series this way...
  21. highwaychild

Lets See All Them Axes

Just a small music store near Bamberg... Not mine, not yet. But the Fender Jaguar (third from left on the high rack...) I played today - and it was great!
  22. highwaychild

Interesting Dual CV1500 restoration challenge...for the German audience...

Hello, I'm no electrician, but maybe this site in german helps: http://www.n-malek.de/11201/38347.html. Interesting are the naming of replacment types for old transistors. To the RC4559: it should be replaced by LM833N. (Norbert Malek suggests this on his page...)
  23. highwaychild

Grundig???? Help

Well, that is a Grundig tuner, build from 1965-1967. Grundig usually build in that period "reasonable priced" items, with good quality. I don't know this tuner, but as mentioned, with 16 FM circuits you should have good reception. As with all old stuff, it could have some issues - but that can't...
  24. highwaychild

What's your career and education??

Well, I studied tax law and public finance, obtained a diploma in this sphere. Right after that I switched to a public datacentre - mainframe, Siemens BS/2000 - big iron. After 10 years I switched again to Database Administration and "cross-sectional tasks". Somewhat weired carrier...
Back
Top Bottom