Search results

1. j-wes

Show your JBLs off

Found this pair of 4333a's sans woofers for a very reasonable price. I located a pair of 2235h and they're good to go. This is my first serious horn speaker and iconic JBL and all i can say is I am very impressed. They're being pushed with a Mac 4200 for the time being with the 240 coming...
  2. j-wes

New Monitor Audio Gold GX 200

Please let us know what you think of these and what you're running them with once you get some time in on them. I have a line on the Gold 300's that I could pull the trigger on next week and am strongly considering it.
  3. j-wes

Oppo Digital Folding.

It's too bad to see Oppo stop manufacturing. I know many people were fond of the DVD players, but their newer offerings such as the Ha-1 headphone amp/preamp and the Sonica Dac showed true promise at their price point and got many positive reviews. Last summer I purchased the Ha-1 after...
  4. j-wes

JBL p/u today everything i need to look for

No problem, glad I could help. I was rightly afraid they were going to be butchered when I saw those crossovers.
  5. j-wes

JBL p/u today everything i need to look for

There are at least two jbl speakers that use that same cabinet design, the L55 and the L65. The L65 jubal has an entirely different driver loadout and is worth significantly more. Because those terminals are not original I would make sure to pull the grills and visually confirm what drivers...
  6. j-wes

Forum Virus, spy alert.!!??

I've been having the same chaturbate issue. I browse AK on windows 10 w/ chrome, macbook pro w/ chrome, and iphone w/ safari and I've only had it happen on the macbook. Started about 2 weeks ago. Only happens when I use the back button on AK forums, maybe 1 out of every 10 or so times. Could...
  7. j-wes

Anyone Warren, MI to Lansing, MI or storage?

I have been chatting with a gentleman and have an offer for a very favorable high end amplifier for free if I take the set of pa monitors he has with them. However, I am currently in the great white north until Thanksgiving time. If someone could pick up and deliver to lansing they are welcome...
  8. j-wes

Counterpoint amp help: Transistors, fuses, and bias oh my

Hey everyone, looking to get some input on repairing this Counterpoint Solid 2 amplifier I picked up. The guy I bought it off of said it came in a package of gear he bought and the previous owner said it only needed a $20 part to work. I decided it was worth a $20 gamble so it ended up coming...
  9. j-wes

My new MX113!

Very nice! I just finished putting new LEDs in one that I picked up earlier this summer. I had good luck with buying the bayonet and fuse type LEDs off ebay. The bayonets went right in but the fuse types were just a little big and lacked the pointed tops so I put a bead of solder on each side...
  10. j-wes

McIntosh MC2100 fair price

I've been half watching prices on ebay for a bit because I'm thinking of selling mine. They seem to be a little bit all over the map ($500-1200) but I think when I list it I'd start at $800 and be happy with $700. If I were to buy one I'd be looking for $600 and settle at $700 for a very nice...
  11. j-wes

My set-up

How do you like the ELACs? Those woofer cones are really unique looking. Made me say wow the first time I saw pictures of the BS 3xx line.
  12. j-wes

Any NEW large flat screens WITH speakers anymore?

Or buy a DAC to go from optical to rca and keep using the amp you've got. +1 to checking if your cable box has audio out (if you have one). You'll potentially get less delay between the picture and the sound than you would using analog out from the tv. Not sure if its as noticeable using...
  13. j-wes

Airmotiv B1, T1 Speakers

I have been seriously considering parring down some of my gear and buying a nice set of powered monitors. I've specifically been looking at the emotiva airmotiv 6s and stealth 6 speakers. Everything that I can find on them has been highly favorable. Their B1 speakers are, I believe, just a...
  14. j-wes

New JBL in the house

I had a friend bring one of those flips along camping this summer and I was pretty impressed. They're a little pricey but they seem to have good battery life and sound pretty good for what they are.
  15. j-wes

Best new under $200 system (no "scores")

Just throwing this out there, a friend brought a JBL pulse along while we were camping this summer. I actually thought it was pretty nice. It had good battery life, reasonable bluetooth distance, and I thought it sounded better then any other portable speaker I've heard. Now would I want it as...
  16. j-wes

First BIG Boy Speakers Infinity Kappa 8.1's Sub SSW212 - Now What?

Congrats on the score! Glad you're giving the sub a chance, I've read some really great things about them in the past
  17. j-wes

Nakamichi ca7

Keep us updated. I am 99% sure the same thing happened to mine but I haven't gotten around to tearing into it yet. Interesting thought to steal parts from the TA receivers.
  18. j-wes

Too good to be true?

I'm getting the same thing. Oh well, some people buy a scratch off ticket. At least this way you get your money back if you don't win :biggrin:
  19. j-wes

Too good to be true?

I just ordered the v-moda xs and the grado sr-80 for a grand total of $4.15. What the hell, it's worth a shot. Worst comes to worst Amazon will just refund my money
  20. j-wes

My Current Setup

Nice systems. Glad you went through with getting those tweeters replaced on the yamahas. Those bullets just didn't quite match the look.
  21. j-wes

Dahlquist DQ-10's or Kef 104/2

I don't think you can go wrong with either speaker. As a DQ-10 owner one thing I want to bring to your attention is how big and bulky they are. I love mine but they take up a considerable amount of space in my smaller sized room. Just some more food for thought. Unfortunately I don't have my...
  22. j-wes

Franklin MI Eminent Technology, Superphon, McCormick

Dang, I've had an eye out for those Eminents for a while now just to try them out. Too bad I'm in the wrong peninsula right now.
  23. j-wes

Rare KLH Speakers Research Ten SCX-3A

Thanks for the offer. I think there was another post around here somewhere that detailed some repair strategies. It might have been for the Infinity Quantums. One or two of mine are salvageable with some careful work but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to save the other two. I cannot for...
  24. j-wes

Rare KLH Speakers Research Ten SCX-3A

I've got the same model / itteration as dogwan. Woofers are already refoamed, just waiting to figure out what to do with the dome mids as all but one read open. The veneer is very nice in person and I've heard the sound is quite good with the "emits". Sorry for the eclectic photo background...
  25. j-wes

JBL Century Speakers Model L100 50$ Lake Orion, MI

Going, going, gone. Wish I'd seen those a little earlier
Back
Top Bottom