2. LBPete

9090DB Right Channel only works in Mono

Yes, most are pushing 50 years old. - Pete
  3. LBPete

Sansui Serial Number Database Update

Thanks, got it! - Pete
  4. LBPete

Relay Cover Shucker

I think it's important to note that this thread dates from 2004. At that time these relays, with PC mount pins where extremely hard to find and expensive when you did find them. The go to source for parts was Digikey and neither they nor Mouser carried them. You had to go to a wholesaler and...
  5. LBPete

20 Years

Yes indeed. - Pete
  6. LBPete

Relay Cover Shucker

This thread is going to turn 20 years old in a couple of months. I'm glad it's still helping the AK community. - Pete
  7. LBPete

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

Thanks Peter, welcome back. We haven't seen you in awhile. - Pete
  8. LBPete

I saw it as a slash too. @Richard P, Got it, thanks! I put the serial numbers in manually and added PC and AC to the end to match the model name. We have a number of them on file. I may start adding them to the Decade Duplicate table. The serial numbers in that table get merged in when I...
  9. LBPete

TU-301/L looks legit. I'll put it in. It would be good to find another one to confirm it. - Pete
  10. LBPete

9090DB Dolby Board help

Here's CDFixer's Dolby Switch diagram. - Pete
  11. LBPete

@Steveo22, thanks, got it! You are exactly one day late. I run the report on the last day of the month and that was yesterday here on this side of the Atlantic. These serial numbers will go into the March Report. Here are some stats from yesterdays processing. 461 SNs posted 7 duplicates in...
  12. LBPete

20 Years

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you on that one. As far as the serial numbers, please post both of them. Each serial number, regardless of source or condition, documents a unit produced. The primary purpose of the database is to document production. I'll take serial numbers from...
  13. LBPete

Thanks, got 'um! - Pete
  14. LBPete

A few Sansui accessories

Very cool vintage watch. Does it have a maker's mark on the back? - Pete
  15. LBPete

Wow, postings this month have picked up. @Monicker1, don't worry about SNs already in the database. Duplicates get filtered out in the upload process. "881,824070001,kijiji.ca, possibly the first one ever made" Yes indeed. We have 88 881s on file the earliest was built in August '74...
  16. LBPete

Eight and Eight Deluxe Production Changes

Thanks, I've added the serial number. All the Eight Deluxe have the relay. It's the Eight that it was added during production. I did add your note about engraving. That was dropped at some point in February '74 production. - Pete
  17. LBPete

Thanks, got "um!
  18. LBPete

20 Years

@Kale has posted a number of inspirational rebuilds. A true master of the craft. - Pete
  19. LBPete

20 Years

Looking at the early members that have checked in on this thread, it highlighted a major change to AK that has drastically affected the community. Early on, there were just a handful of sub forums. Members looked at many of the forums interacting with a wider range of members. There are very...
  20. LBPete

@peterott your serial numbers will be in the February report. Thanks @Monicker1, The quotation marks ensure that leading zeros in the serial number won't be dropped. I import the posted data as text rather than numbers which also holds the leading zeros. I remove the quotation marks in the...
  21. LBPete

Thanks, got it! - Pete
  22. LBPete

G-7000 vs 8080(or 9090) and Eight/Eight Deluxe

A controlled environment will slow down the aging process but it doesn't stop it. If we are talking about buying one of these nearly 50 year old pieces you have no way of knowing how it was stored/used/not used during that time. It would be the rare piece that spent that 50 years in a...
  23. LBPete

20 Years

Thanks guys. Really good to see there are so many early members still active. My member number is easy to remember, 1980. - Pete
  24. LBPete

20 Years

Oct 8, 2023? Welcome to AudioKarma. I didn't realize you predate me too. -Pete
  25. LBPete

G-7000 vs 8080(or 9090) and Eight/Eight Deluxe

I couldn't disagree more. It's totally dependent on the temperature and humidity of how it is stored. These units wind up in basements, attics, garages and sheds. None of these spaces are temperature and humidity controlled. High temperatures will degrade the caps and humidity will degrade...
Back
Top Bottom