Search results

1. J

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

In a small town in South Africa, they were on fb marketplace for a week before I spotted them! By some miracle they were still available.
  2. J

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Xmas came early for me, picked these up last weekend: Currently using my A-1 as preamp for the M-2:
  3. J

Vintage Yamaha FX-3 speakers help?

The surrounds that are on this pair are plain rubber and look nothing like the surrounds on my other Yamaha speakers which makes me think that the original woofer surrounds were previously replaced with rubber ones which are now starting to detach from the woofer cones, why the previous owner...
  4. J

Vintage Yamaha FX-3 speakers help?

I recently acquired a rather rare pair of Yamaha FX-3 speakers, luckily all the beryllium drivers still work but the surrounds on the woofers don't appear to be original to me. Does anyone here know if the speaker surrounds on these woofers were made from the same material (rubberised cloth?) as...
  5. J

What is the best all around Vintage Turntable?

Anyone mentioned this one yet? The Technics SL-10 is also very good and one of my favorites.
  6. J

Help with Technics SP10 Mk2

Ok the SP10 is working fine again.. Last night I decided to reassemble the table and see if by some magic it would have fixed itself, plugged it in and switched it on but it was still dead. I then pressed the start/stop button and the speed select buttons one by one and it suddenly come back to...
  7. J

Could one of the speed select IC's have shorted? Any way to test them with a dmm?
  8. J

Ok I checked the switch assembly again and it is definitely not causing the short as far as I can tell, LED's all test fine as does the speed selector switches and the start/stop switch.
  9. J

I did actually detect a short, pretty sure it was on the 5V rail but I'll check again this evening, would a shorted LED be the cause of the short or something else?
  10. J

I have a Technics SP10 Mk2 which was working fine until some cd's which was on a shelf about a meter above the turntable decided to jump down on top of it.. the turntable wasn't damaged physically except for two small dents on the start/stop button. Luckily the turntable was off at the time and...
  11. J

So what do I do now. Lenco 75

Quoted from LH so I am not sure how correct this statement is and if it works the same for running a 50hz motor on 60hz..
  12. J

So what do I do now. Lenco 75

If it has a plastic idler wheel I would replace that with a metal version, the AUDIOSILENTE one found on ebay is quite good. There are guides on the net showing how to completely strip, clean and lubricate the motor which make a big difference. You should also clean and re lubricate the spindle...
  13. J

Did the td150 ever come with a resin sub-platter?

Below are a few pictures I took last night. It would appear as though the bearing and sub platter was replaced by a later press fit version.
  14. J

Well thats just great.. why would someone even do a thing like that?
  15. J

Hey all I received a Thorens TD150 mkii yesterday and upon lifting the platter I noticed that the sub platter was not a die-cast version but instead a resin version with smaller 7mm spindle, similar if not identical to the ones found on the td166 tables. Did any of the later model td150 mkii's...
  16. J

What were good vintage turntables

If you can find a Technics SL1200Mkii at a fair price I would go for that, solid tables which will go on forever.
  17. J

Audio Technica tonearm ID

Ok I went and measured the tonearms effective length (pivot to stylus tip) which is 285mm, so I guess this would make it a AT 1501iii? Here it is mounted on a temporary plinth together with my SP10 Mk2:
  18. J

Haha tanks.. what I meant to say is I am sometimes too lazy to convert cm to inches.
  19. J

You are probably right, maybe it is 12". Inches still confuses me sometimes because we use the metric system over here.
  20. J

Thanks guys, looks like a 1503iii to me too. It's definitely longer than 9 inches though, here is a shot I took of the arm next to a SME 3009 for comparison:
  21. J

I have this Audio Technica tonearm but I am unsure which model it is. AT 1500, AT1503 or AT 1501? They all look pretty much identical.. It is a 10" arm. Anyone know how to tell which one mine is?
  22. J

Most Attractive Turntable?

IMO the most attractive turntable would have to be the Garrard 4HF with it's original white enamel base, definitely not the best sounding table but just looks really pretty. The 301 and td124 is tied for 2nd place.
  23. J

Help with Technics SP10 Mk2 speed problem

The power supply has been completely recapped, I did this myself before taking it to the friend. I did ask him to also test it under load so I assume that is what he did. I'll hook my dmm up to the table while it's on and and take some measurements just to be sure.
  24. J

Help with Technics SP10 Mk2 speed problem

I got the power supply back yesterday from a friend who checked it out on his oscilloscope, he couldn't find any ripples and says the psu is 100%. Got home and decided to plug the turntable in and now 33 and 45rpm runs fine again, 78rpm not. This is exactly what it was doing before so I don't...
Back
Top Bottom