Search results

1. louisjames

Any studio nerds? Thinking of setting up a writing studio...

Looks like you did a great job with both the gear and the space. Nicely done!
  2. louisjames

Under-Sink Water Filter?

Thank you folks for a very helpful / informative thread. No basement so that option is out. So under-sink it is. I had narrowed it down to the ProOne FS10 or the Aquasana 5300. Decided to go with the Aquasana due to the lower cost and mostly comparable specs. But we'll see. Some users have noted...
  3. louisjames

Under-Sink Water Filter?

Anyone here have experience with either the ProOne FS10, Aquasana 5300 or Clearly Filtered triple-filter systems? I read that the Clearly Filtered and ProOne don't need a separate spigot installed but can cut down on the water pressure. The Aquasana 5300 seems like a good option and is less...
  4. louisjames

The final curtain - Mama finally passed away

Please take care of yourself the best you can. I know from being my mom's caretaker for many years that my own well being took a hit. It sounds like your mom is getting the love and support she needs and the wife and I wish they best for whatever the future brings.
  5. louisjames

Another chapter closes ...... no more Miata

I wish you the very best. After my recent heart surgery, from which the recovery is very slow, I also had to reconsider several things. But one thing I did was get the wife a 2011 Miata which she is completely in love with. I figure she deserves it for putting up with me the past 21 years...
  6. louisjames

Lets See All Them Axes

Very, very nice! Please expand the shot so we can see your 335. Nothing like a 'cherry' Gibson! :)
  7. louisjames

Where do I stick the electrical cord?

Just my 2c's but having had a 7300 and now a 302 I've always gone with the tried and true advice, provided by the tech at McIntosh whose name I can't recall right now, of plugging the amp directly into the wall outlet. My C2200 preamp is plugged into a TrippLite IsoBar12 Ultra which is the same...
  8. louisjames

The Mouse That Roared (1959) Mouse on the Moon (1963)

And produced by Walter Shenson who had a big hand in breaking Sellers in the US and of course making A Hard Day's Night come into being.
  9. louisjames

When AK members - friends - silently disappear

Thank you Bill. I was going to post an update today ad I'm feeling more like myself since coming home on Monday. Really appreciate you raising the flag.
  10. louisjames

EV Speaker Identification

I checked with a pal and we both agree it's a Mesa OEM 12L from the 80's. It looks lke yours also has spades instead of spring loads, so that would be another good indication. Of course we could be wrong but it certainly looks the type. Here's a similar one from a Mesa cab someone posted on the...
  11. louisjames

EV Speaker Identification

@Estring Looks like it could be a EVM 12L from the 80's. Could also be a early Force series which are also excellent. Very often when they were used as "OEM" speakers in Mesa and other cabs there would be no back label. Can you post more pics? Backbreaker speakers but truly great sounds! What...
  12. louisjames

Anyone using a computer as front end for a guitar rig?

@JohnT123 Yes and yes. While I have a sweet Tremolux, newer PRRI and some lunch boxes, I actually use my computer setup (Mac Mini) for a guitar rig front end more often than not. Especially if I'm working up a song, comping or doing a demo. I also use it for Pro Tools. Prior to this I was...
  13. louisjames

Member Nelson Calvo has passed

condolences to Nelson's family and friends. rip Nelson!
  14. louisjames

Monoprice 15w Tube Amp - speaker impedence?

According to my pal who loves his it's 8 ohms
  15. louisjames

Used Miata Buying Suggestions?

Thanks so much. Sweet ride you have there!
  16. louisjames

I hear that. Armour All has its use but for the most part it just creates a greasy mess.
  17. louisjames

Do you have a good shop for tune-ups and the like? No one here in Riverside as far as I can tell.
  18. louisjames

Was going to ask what's the best top cleaner and protectent. Any in addition to 303?
  19. louisjames

the wife drives a stick as well as anyone can and she loves the control over the car it gives her. a Miata with an automatic is just sad. ;)
  20. louisjames

The 2011 I got the wife would have been thousands less pre-pandemic. But with the price of used cars, and the high mileage on some of these (a 2018 Civic w/ 145K for $17.5???) I figure we did OK. They had a new Civic R on the floor. Full tricked out and very nice looking. But $70k? Just unreal.
  21. louisjames

Thank you gents! We got a pretty good deal from a local major dealer on a 2011 base (Sport) model today for $14K out the door. 76k miles and in very good shape overall. No hardtop but that's not a deal breaker. Has a glass back window which is a plus as the plastic window on the 95 I had...
  22. louisjames

I want to do something nice for the wife. She has her heart set on a Miata but there's no way I can afford a new one. Plus she likes the older ones better. Like with all used cars, prices are high and all over the place and not many available at dealers here in Southern California. Any thoughts...
  23. louisjames

Lets See All Them Axes

Is that an AM-series Ibanez? I played an AM-50 for years and it was my favorite. Just an incredible instrument and pre-dated Gibson's own smaller-body 335 by 15 years. Really sweet collection you have there!
  24. louisjames

WTB a decent beginners acoustic guitar

Nylon strings on a guitar braced for steel strings will not be satisfying from my experience. A better alternative would be a set of Silk & Steel. Try those first and see how it goes. Just my 2c's YMMV. :)
  25. louisjames

WTB a decent beginners acoustic guitar

If you have a Guitar Center or similar near you I would start there. GC can be the pits or OK depending on who is working there. But they will have a range of guitars and you can try them out and see what size (Parlor, OM, Dread, etc) and neck profile (rounded, C-shape, V-shape, D-shape...
Back
Top Bottom