Search results

1. KmacD

Changed my Mission 732 for B&W Cm1

They are a great looking speaker, nice to hear the sound matched the looks.
  2. KmacD

Mission 701 speakers

Thanks guys, been listening to Lp's...Tape...CD...all last night and tonight, can't believe how much better my modest little vintage system sounds paired up with some decent speakers.
  3. KmacD

Mission 701 speakers

While there are several Mission speaker threads there is a surprising lack of Mission 701 threads, just picked up a pair of used (in very good condition all around ) pair of these today, twas a great upgrade over my o'l Panasonic mini system speakers :banana::music: For those who may be...
  4. KmacD

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

Allman Brothers Band...[ Selections From] Play all night, Live at the Beacon Theatre
  5. KmacD

vintage sound?

I'm kinda glad not all prefer the look and or sound of the vintage gear, the prices are high enough, if everybody wanted them I wouldn't be able to afford what I have...lol
  6. KmacD

Vinyl problem I just can't figure out....

People can only offer suggestions based on what you tell them, I hope you figure out the problem and start enjoying your vinyl...:music:
  7. KmacD

vintage sound?

LMAO.... :thmbsp:
  8. KmacD

Im at a loss for words

Jackpot !! Cool score, lots of fun going thru that old stuff.
  9. KmacD

Hold on a minute, nobody is dissing vinyl or stirring the AK pot! The O.P stated in his 1st post... "I can't seem to figure out how to get to a level of clicks and pops that I can live with on used vinyl!! and then a little later in post #19 he mentions... "So, I've upgraded to all new...
  10. KmacD

vintage sound?

Vintage sound is what you get when your vintage components are crankin out the vintage tunes....:music:
  11. KmacD

Optimus T-100 speaker re-finishing project

The caps on these look like a porous fabric, so far I've had luck pulling 3 out using scotch tape, I had also thought of taking some clear packers tape and laying it over the dust cap and then trying to pull the cap out using the vacuum method.... the more methods the merrier and I thank you for...
  12. KmacD

Appreciate the tips on repairing the woofer as well as pulling out the dust cap...when I get around to getting this project underway I'll be sure to take a couple snaps of the work, might possibly help the next guy......
  13. KmacD

A-Z Occupations

Zamboni Ice re-surfacer Driver
  14. KmacD

That's an interesting comment, is it based on fact or just your opinion? if you can elaborate why you feel this way please do, I'm always up for learning something new. :smoke:
  15. KmacD

That's your answer right there, especially as it relates to used vinyl and your expectations of it....
  16. KmacD

Deal or no Deal.....

Sounds like a spoiled brat of an ungrateful grandaughter......I WANT !!!!!! lol
  17. KmacD

Older CD player score!

Was looking for a CD Player to round out my options for my little vintage system I am slowly putting together, when lo and behold a buddy gave me his Sony CDP-C500 5 Disc CD player for FREE! :banana: I hooked it up and it sounded pretty dam good, had some older CD's later 80's early 90's and...
  18. KmacD

Julian Fauth

That's cool Kris, glad to hear someone else has also heard of him and the Electro-Fi label....looks like there are some good artists to look into.:thmbsp:
  19. KmacD

Julian Fauth

Ever heard of Julian Fauth? he's a Toronto Artist I heard for the first time this evening on the radio, he's got some good o'le toe tapping jazzy/bluesy/ragtime music, his CD is available on Electro-Fi Records which looks like it specializes in Artists with a similiar sound. Here's his...
  20. KmacD

Good info to know...here's a quick question, can the dust caps be pulled back out, or does it even matter with respects to the sound? other than the obvious looks to it :scratch2:
  21. KmacD

I appreciate the link to that seller and your info Copa, I'll bookmark it in case I need to go that route. :thmbsp: I never even thought about fixing them up cablephil, I just figured the only way to do it would be to start new, but I am not against giving it the old college try just to see...
  22. KmacD

AudioKarma, how did it start?

198,726 better late than never...:music:
  23. KmacD

Vintage beginner system

My only suggestion is just to look around this and other sites for people who have similiar set-ups as yours and gather ideas from them, eventually you will go down the road that's best for you, Just keep the goal of listening to music the main one and you'll never go wrong.
  24. KmacD

beginner vintage receiver suggestions - $100.00 range

There are so many nice simple vintage receivers, but I went with the KR 6400 for my first "bought" vintage receiver, love the look and sound of it... Be sure to let us know what you end up getting, best of luck
  25. KmacD

dc270 & Copa1934 Thanks for the info and suggestions :thmbsp: Old speaker parts list... Tweeter 0734 8ohm 7W 2KHz - 18KHz ( Japan ) 52 312A Woofer 2015 16ohm ( Japan ) 51D27A L-pot 8ohm 68 AT-40H The cut-outs for the tweeter and L-pot are 2.5" in dia...
Back
Top Bottom