Search results

1. S

McIntosh New Product MA8900 & MCD350

It will with a bug (IR sensor).... but I really don't feel like them, and have no interest in using them.
  2. S

What I mean is, if my MA7900 is set on "D150", the MA7900 remote controls the D150 just fine, but won't control my MR88 or MCT450. So, I am left to have multiple remotes.
  3. S

My interest is one box instead of two. Also, with the MA8900 + D150, the MA8900 doesn't control the D150 very well, and I'd prefer not to have two remotes. As far as performance. The D150 v. MA7900, there's a noticeable improvement with the D150. I have several devices that input to both for...
  4. S

First, I have never used the additional digital inputs of any component, and have always opted to go straight to a digital inputs on a preamp. I can't imagine that I am unique in this. So, maybe they dropped the inputs because they are seldom actually used. Also, I think Mc is trying to move in...
  5. S

I am wondering how the MA8900 DAC compares to the D150. Depending, I may part with my MA7900 + D150 in favor of the MA8900 by itself.
  6. S

1/8" Headphone Jack

Why do so many of the Mcintosh preamps and integrateds have 1/8" headphone jacks and not 1/4" (more preferred), especially when they all look like it would have been easily accomplished? Anyone?
  7. S

Mcintosh MCD301 Repair

PM sent.
  8. S

Mcintosh MCD301 Repair

I got all my parts direct from Mcintosh.
  9. S

Which Speakers are you using with McIntosh Integrated?

MA5200 with XR50s.... although I am thinking about upgrading to an MA7900.
  10. S

Mcintosh MCD301 Repair

I purchased a used MCD301 at quite a deal because the top trim and cover had some pretty big scratches in them. Upon receipt, everything powered up, ran fine for a day or two, then the disc tray stopped coming out smoothly, then stopped working almost entirely. Now, this being a buyer beware...
  11. S

Post all the Mcintosh gear you have ever owned.

McAire MXA60 MA5200 MR88 MCD301 XR50
  12. S

Just Bought an MR-88 -- First Impressions

Picked mine up from Audio Classics about a month ago, and was equally thrilled!
  13. S

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

MA5200 Integrated Preamp/Amp MR88 Tuner MCD301 SACD Player XR50 Speakers
  14. S

McIntosh McAire

Had one, it was my first piece of Mc gear. Had it for eight months or so. Sound was pretty darn good, and it really had plenty of power. It really was 80% of the way to a real Mac system, in a small package. My only real criticism was wireless connectivity. There was often a lot of jitter when...
  15. S

Solution for source controller.

A few weeks ago, I picked up a McAire. It is my first Mc purchase and my first real piece of high end audio equipment. And it's given me the bug, I'm hooked and want more. Now, I'm not made of money, and at least for the next few months, space is slightly limited. But I want to add on some...
  16. S

New McAire - good reasons to buy?

Ah got ya. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. S

Id say the MAC6700 would be leaps and bounds ahead of the McAire. But, this is my first real high end component, and I really just wanted something I could pull out of the box and play with. Sure, it's still a $3k wireless speaker. But for Mac gear, its still a good entry level price point. I'm...
  18. S

So, I just picked up a McAire. I've lusted after Mcintosh gear since I was in high school, and finally took the plunge. I was picking between the MXA60 and the McAire. Nobody in my area had either to demo, so the purchase was totally sight unseen. All I can say is WOW, I couldn't be happier...
Back
Top Bottom