1. Trance88

Saving for PSB Passif 50's

Saving for PSB Passif 50's
  2. Trance88

Spinnin' Vinyl

Spinnin' Vinyl
  3. Trance88

The P-Mount owners club

I have these two AT cartridges. One has a genuine AT stylus, the other has an LP Gear replacement with a carbon fiber cantilever. Aside from the styluses, is there any difference between these two cartridges?
  4. Trance88

The best headphones under $300?

I've been in love with my Beyerdynamics 250 ohm DT770 for 3 years now. I replaced the velour pads after only a year of use with some aftermarket soft foam filled pleather pads and they've been holding really well. Here's a link to the earpads I use on my unit...
  5. Trance88

What TT's do you folks have

I've got a Technics SL-QL1 that I've had for about 2 and a half years now and it's a great performing linear tracker. My only problem is the platter matt is not original and the one I'm using is just a generic old one that I trimmed and cut holes in for the sensors. The mat I'm using is a bit...
  6. Trance88

Relay in Pioneer A-20 amplifier "popcorning"

Yeah, another friend of mine also said more than likely, its a bad solder joint. I just can't believe something this new from what I believed to be a name brand TOTL company would have problems this early on.
  7. Trance88

Relay in Pioneer A-20 amplifier "popcorning"

Hey everyone. I've got a 2018 Pioneer A-20 amplifier that has a relay on the power supply going absolutely crazy inside of it. It literally sounds like popcorn. The audio sounds fine, but the unit is going bananas after its been on for more than 5 minutes. It's especially bad if I turn the...
  8. Trance88

Lafayette Stereo-25 Info?

Here's the amp! It's in pretty good shape. No really noticeable scratches, dings, or dents. The function switches are kinda different. You can play all 3 inputs at the same time if you wanted to. LOL.
  9. Trance88

Lafayette Stereo-25 Info?

Hey guys! I just picked up a Lafayette model "Stereo-25". It's such a cute little amp! Sounds pretty good overall, but it's definitely not a flat amp. Bass is a bit over-boosted in the center position and the highs are a bit weak with the the treble in its center position . Not sure if this is a...
  10. Trance88

Basic recap and restore BOM parts list on Kenwood KA-4002 integrated amp

I've enclosed a couple pics of how I have the transistors installed. I've already blown 3 fuses trying to figure out the proper pinout.
  11. Trance88

Son of a B****. I decided to just replace Qe13 and 14 to start. After plugging it in to test it, the damn fuse in the back blew. What the f.:rant:
  12. Trance88

The transistors I'm replacing are I believe: 2SC971 2SC871 2SC734 2SC1212A
  13. Trance88

I just ordered a bunch of transistors from mouser. Gonna attempt to replace Qe13,14,17-20. I'm really hoping this solves the noisy static, crackly noisefloor.
  14. Trance88

Ok! Very interesting. Does the Kenwood KA-4002 require the ECB or the EBC configuration?
  15. Trance88

I'm just saying, because I don't see a "Q17, 18 or 19, but I do see a Qe 17-19 in the list. Also, the transistors have a bunch of code variants like KSC945CGBU, KSC945YTA, KSC945CYTA. Which one do I choose?!? This is all confusing the heck out of me!!!
  16. Trance88

When you guys say "Q" is that the same as "Qe"?? I've only ever replaced 1 transistor in my life.
  17. Trance88

I checked on mouser and almost none of the replacement transistors are available!
  18. Trance88

SOB! Just when I thought my unit was hunkydory, tonight, it started producing more noisefloor hiss in the left channel vs the right. I'm assuming it's a transistor getting ready to die. The hiss changes volume with the volume control. Strangely though. Music sounds fine if you ignore the...
  19. Trance88

I wish I could've gotten the one with the wood cabinet.
  20. Trance88

It does sound very pleasing! I'm so happy with it! The size is perfect for my computer desk. Something I believe I've noticed is the soundstage is wider than my previous amp I was using? Is that possible? My previous amp was a Technics SA-200.
  21. Trance88

I just picked up one of these amps. This thread will become handy if I ever need to do work on it! As far as I can tell, mine is 100% original and still performing as designed. I gotta wonder though, how likely would the DC bias drift on this unit over the years? I do get a pretty strong pop in...
  22. Trance88

SL-QL1 Muting Circuit issue

Oh damn! Small world! I wonder what Highland Appliance is now. I'm pretty sure that store isn't still there.
  23. Trance88

SL-QL1 Muting Circuit issue

Hey everyone. I've got a bit of an issue with what I believe is the muting circuit. When the stylus hits the record, I can hear the music, somewhat muffled, coming out of just the left channel for a second until the sound fully engages out of both channels. When the stylus is at home position...
  24. Trance88

Hum in audio at night

Would something like this be good enough? I don't really want to spend hundreds of bucks to remove an intermittent night buzz...
  25. Trance88

Hum in audio at night

It has modern wiring, the apartment complex was built in 1990.I will eventually have to get one of those polarity test plug things. I've checked multiple outlets for the interference hum and it is happening in both my bedroom and living room turntable setups. All the outlets are routed to a...
Back
Top Bottom