Search results

1. R

Sony ESG vs NAK

Hi Guys, I recently acquired a Japanese model Sony TC-K333ESG in a trade for some Tubes I had left over. I had it serviced and it has got me hooked on tapes again!! I have not touched my turn tables in weeks!!! The Sony is pretty good looking and the sound is very good as well. I started...
  2. R

Trio/Kenwood KP-880D Info?

Hi guys There is a Japanese imported KP-880D available locally and just wondered if anyone has and info or experience with these tables mainly the arm? Apparently it is a close sibling to the 990 but I cannot find any info thru google at all. I am looking for a solid DD semi auto table to add...
  3. R

Denon MC Carts

Hello, Looking to add a Denon MC cartridge to my collection, I have a Thorens td-125 with Jelco sa750 arm and a Yamaha PF-800. I owned the DL-110 in the past and enjoyed it but thinking of trying the DL-301 or the 304(if I can find a good deal). Any thoughts on any other variants or...
  4. R

Accuphase P-260 vs P-300X

Both these amps are available locally and I am looking to upgrade my P-250. The P-260 has a Class A option with a MOSFET output stage And the P-300X has more power with a MOSFET output stage also. Anyone have any experience with either? what would you go with. Amps will be pair with a Accuphase...
  5. R

Accuphase C200/P-250 vs C-222/P-266

I currently have the C200/P-250 Combo paired with my Focal Aria 948's which I am pretty happy with but am wondering if the C222/P266 combo would be a upgrade? The P-266's class A mode is what has sparked my question. I could sell my combo and buy the c222/p266 with only a few hundred dollars out...
  6. R

SME 3009 Series 2 advice

I recently purchased a Thorens TD-125 mki with A SME/Shure branded 3009 sii with the split side weight. The arm is in pretty good shape for its age except for the bushings on the counter weight stub. I also have a Jelco SA-750D that I have been sitting on for a while that I am considering...
  7. R

Vintage amp for Focal Aria 936

Hi folks, Looking for advice on a vintage amp for my 936's. I have a Mcintosh C48 Pre amp which I have my Rega RP6 and my Google chromecast connected to. I had the C48 connected to a Psvane TC5 Integrated Tube amp which sounded fantastic with the 936's but unfortunately I dealt with a nasty...
  8. R

Mac Amp for Klipsch Cornwall's

Hey guys, Currently I am using a C48 preamp along with the amp section of a MA6100. My speakers are a pair of 1978 Cornwall 1's. The combo is good but with the ma6100 I feel like I am missing out on some of the finer details/clarity of my music. The cornwall's don't need a lot of power but I...
  9. R

c48 vs c47 Phono stage

Just a quick question I cannot find thru google. Do the C48 and C47 share the exact same phono stage? Looking at both models and the phono stage is very important to me. Thanks Ray
  10. R

Bye Bye Tubes....Hello Mac

Hi guys I am getting rid of my chi-fi tube amps and would like to move to a SS mac setup. Have spent to much time and money rolling tubes trying to get the sound I am looking for. I have a MA6100 that is in good shape but needs a good servicing. I was thinking of using the 6100 as a preamp and...
  11. R

Musical Paradise MP-301 MK3 Opinions

Hi Folks, I am looking to het my first tube amp and looking to try out the Mp-301. I have read many reviews on them and a few reviews have noted that the amp may not be good for certain times of music. I was wondering if any owners could elaborate on that for me. I listen to absolutely all...
Back
Top Bottom