Search results

1. faber12

Sony ES Rules! (STR-DA1000ES)

I do not.
  2. faber12

Sony ES Rules! (STR-DA1000ES)

I just want to say that I have been enjoying using a Sony STR-DA1000ES in my living room for music and movies for some time now and this thing is a power house of a receiver! I bought a different used Sony ES receiver some years ago from another AKer and he threw this one in for no additional...
  3. faber12

Did you travel to see the total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024?

Dark enough for street lights. Even the kids got quiet. ;) Got dark very quickly as totality started, and bright very quickly as it left.
  4. faber12

Totality here, best I could do with my cell phone.
  5. faber12

No traveling for us, it is coming to us here in Ohio. Kids are stoked!
  6. faber12

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

LOL at least they used the 'right stuff'.
  7. faber12

Bad cap?

Those are inductors.
  8. faber12

Furman power conditioner

I would say to use the Furman as your main power distribution and you will be fine. If you are questioning the power draw total get a Kill-A-Watt meter and plug it all in. It may surprise you how little power draw is actually happening.
  9. faber12

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

This is in town, and he has 4 extremely bright headlights. He is always following the person in front of him closely. There are additional bright white accent lights on the front of the truck as well. Those are not his high beams, just some aftermarket performance lights.
  10. faber12

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Self explanatory. Pass this guy every morning...
  11. faber12

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

Reminds me of a JVC modern stereo offering.
  12. faber12

What was your latest repair project?

This is good right here. :)
  13. faber12

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

@Shominy I also greatly appreciate your many posts. I love a bit of humor on my lunch break at work, and you have been providing it here. Thank you!
  14. faber12

Caffeine.

Good old vitamin C (caffeine)
  15. faber12

The final curtain - Mama finally passed away

Chris, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
  16. faber12

Always nice to keep equipment out of the landfill and save money at the same time. :)
  17. faber12

This speaker had an internal power supply that failed, and I repaired it by making some modifications and installing a 12vdc power supply inside what used to be the battery compartment. The PSU in connected to the 120vac input connector, and the 12vdc output is connected to the wires that used...
  18. faber12

I was just repairing a large Bluetooth speaker for a friend and got to thinking... I don't think I remember seeing a collective thread where participants list their most recent repair projects. Please list your repairs here, with bonus points for including pictures. I will start the thread...
  19. faber12

What was the last movie you watched?

Driving Miss Daisy (1989) It had been a while since I saw it, and my wife had not seen it before.
  20. faber12

I just finished Hacksaw Ridge (2016) and it was excellent.
  21. faber12

I watched Dunkirk (2017) some time ago and it just left me with a feeling of dread. I get that war should not be glorified, and maybe that was the intention of the film but I would not want to watch it again.
  22. faber12

DAC introduces scratchiness to music

My money is on a speaker protection relay that is going bad (in the amplifier.) The problem will probably return.
  23. faber12

Non issue that is an issue with Tannoy C8 speakers.

Don't take this the wrong way, but have you had your hearing tested? Also a different room may sound different besides the speakers themselves. Amps can sound different too. As far as the sound of the horn instruments, I found that horn loaded drivers do an excellent job reproducing the sound...
  24. faber12

Happy Birthday faber12!

Thank you all again. :)
Back
Top Bottom