Search results

1. tubeampking

Will there be vintage gear in heaven..

"In Heaven there is no gear, that's why we play it here. And when we're gone from here, our friends will be playing all our gear" :beerchug:
  2. tubeampking

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Just got this yesterday; Great record...very well recorded.
  3. tubeampking

Shout out to Hionfi...

Yup...still in Shoppingtown Mall.
  4. tubeampking

Shout out to Hionfi...

Sitting and reveling in the amazing sound coming from my listening room system, when it occurred to me that most of the major components came from Hionfi's audio shop in Dewitt N.Y. : Thorens TD-160, PAS-3, ST-70 and Boston Acoustic A-200 all came off the floor of their shop. Bill and Rod are...
  5. tubeampking

What song was in your head when you woke up?

Humpty-Dumpty by Aimee Mann from her Lost in Space album. No idea why... except that I saw a 'Til Tuesday record in an audio store yesterday....
  6. tubeampking

Cosmetics versus Performance... What is your 'ratio' ?

Function over form for sure. Can't put a number on it but definitely a considerable difference. I have no air to put on...and since I listen with my ears and not my eyes the aesthetics of the gear does not affect the sound quality...FOR ME. I remember going to a jam session with a Magnatone 260...
  7. tubeampking

Flashing loss: truth or myth ?

I've heard some people say that flashing loss in a tube can be an indicator of the amount of use a tube has seen. I.E. the more loss, the more hours a tube has on it. Any truth to this?
  8. tubeampking

At what line voltage do you bias your amplifiers?

line voltage through a power conditioner. Why worry about a few volts? My line averages 121 volts...back when the line was 117 that was a NOMINAL voltage. If it varied 2 or 3 volts, thats not much different than todays line. With components in the amp designed with tolerances in mind I doubt a...
  9. tubeampking

Time to get really weird...
  10. tubeampking

11. tubeampking

"A bird does not fly because it has wings, it has wings because it flies," It's shaping up to be a good day....
  12. tubeampking

Just "discovered" Klaus Doldinger on a whim. Pretty cool stuff for "smooth" jazz/fusion.
  13. tubeampking

Whatever you have to tell yourself....:rflmao:
  14. tubeampking

Tube rolling anyone ?

If you Google "12BH7A half wing pictures" there a good shot for you to see.
  15. tubeampking

Tube rolling anyone ?

Where most have plate crimps (or wings)on both sides , these are only on one side. That's the best way I can describe it. I don't have another to take a picture of to show you.
  16. tubeampking

what is a 6211 tube????

Industrial 12AT7.
  17. tubeampking

My very favorite trumpet player: "Willow Weep For Me" is 20:27 of exquisite live goodness.....I'm sorry...was I gushing?
  18. tubeampking

Tube rolling anyone ?

Well....here's most....but not all...of the tubes I rolled through my ST-70 VTA board in the last two weeks. A lot of good sounding options and a few stinkers too. Some of my favorites: 5963 RCA with long black plates and stirrup getters: nice and full and rich. Nice low end albeit not super...
  19. tubeampking

Definitely do....I've never heard Coltrane"wank" like he does in the title track. Like he's trying to break Bird's record.....LOL..
  20. tubeampking

This is the third sealed record I've opened to day...Now I can't get my jaw off the floor....
  21. tubeampking

Just came today...on the Vinyl Lover's label. WOW!!! So good that I ordered his first record on the same label. :banana:
  22. tubeampking

Something more sane:
  23. tubeampking

This is f**king weird.... And if I think something is weird...it's WEIRD...o_O
  24. tubeampking

HOMC recommendation

Yes. I see SUTs going 2-3G and carts ,1-2G. Just making the point of where I don't want to go.
Back
Top Bottom