Search results

1. bsam8

Pioneer M-90 Power Amp

Ditto, have the C91/M91 combo and pound for pound sonically it could rival the SPEC series components (no offense Retro Stereo :D ). But that's me and my hearing observation. Used to have a SX-1080 but sold it too as I found myself listening to the Elite Components more often. Ben :music:
  2. bsam8

Thoughts on Pioneer PD 65

Hi Wineslob, You can't go wrong with a PD-65. Sound Quality is top notch for a 90's cd player. It's one of Pioneers best cd-player bar none. Sound is warm and analog like. Used to have one last year but have to sell it so I could get a PDR-99 which is sound wise identical but can record to...
  3. bsam8

Merrylander is 75 today

Happy Birthday Rob, may you have many more to come!! Ben
  4. bsam8

How many members use reel to reel decks here ?

Besides the Nakamichi decks, I have 3 R2R's Akai GX-747- resoldered loose solder joints in the preamp board. Technics RS-1506 Pioneer RT-1020L which I gave to my dad as a gift. ( likes it very much). Ben :)
  5. bsam8

Hello from a new member

KoolKatz welcome to AK, glad to hear from another Pioneer fan :thmbsp:
  6. bsam8

bully to have back surgery

Bully, Warm regards and Get Well Soon!!! :thmbsp: Ben
  7. bsam8

The Optonica Monster Receiver: The 5905

Hi Vintagestereo, I have a 5606 and I got this from Guy 2 years ago. For a Sharp product this one sounds very good.... :thmbsp: Ben
  8. bsam8

Ebay Seller Threatening me???

Andy, the guys are right. File a police report to protect yourself. Hopefully the situation will resolve itself peacefully. Good Luck!! Ben
  9. bsam8

Differences between C-90 and C-90a

PMik, again thanks for the info, nice to know and it's been a pleasure owning these babies (C-91/M-91) :thmbsp: regards, Ben
  10. bsam8

Differences between C-90 and C-90a

PMik, thanks for sharing the info with us. First time I've heard of a C-90a. How does it compare to the C-91/M-91 combo? thanks :)
  11. bsam8

It's finally all here!

Nice, Wizard_Len-Congrats!! :thmbsp:
  12. bsam8

On and Off FM on SX-828

Tank, could be capacitors on the tuner board going bad and needs replacing. Same thing happened with my SX-1010-repaired and working fine now. Ben
  13. bsam8

Calibrate Your Tape Deck

James, thanks for the info, have a few Naks in my collection... :thmbsp: Ben
  14. bsam8

Nw

Welcome to AK!
  15. bsam8

AK Fest 2005 Digital Pictures

Dave, thanks for posting the pictures.... :yes: Ben
  16. bsam8

G-8000...Before and After

As usual EW, Quality work at it's BEST!! :thmbsp:
  17. bsam8

Do Pioneers sound "bright" to you?

Owning a 780/1080 receivers, didn't detect any "brightness" to it. Bass is full and high's are natural and extended. Both have been adjusted to factory spec. Listening to C-90/M-91 combo, the sound is tighter, cleaner and smoother (newer electronics) compared to my other 2 receivers...just my 2...
  18. bsam8

Tuner Face Off: Elite vs Integra

I have a Pioneer Elite F-91 and to me it sounds better than an F-93. (Have a friend who has one, F-93) Ben :D
  19. bsam8

sony and other r2r's

Better chime in with Vintage TX, get his opinions on the the "Good" models and what to avoid... :)
  20. bsam8

New Pioneer Link

Hi Siamac, thanks, still waiting for it from my Uncle, According to him everything works. This will be my first RTR to own and from people I talked to including Vintage TX, it's one of the best Sony made.... :thmbsp:
  21. bsam8

Whats In Your Living Room System!!!!!

for HT/Mutichannel 6.1 Pioneer VSX-812 Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai Boston Acoustics T1030 Towers JBL C-35 center channel Boston Acoustics Bravo speakers (3) Velodyne 10" subwoofer For Stereo: Pioneer Elite C-90 Preamp Pioneer Elite F-91 Tuner Pioneer Elite M-91 Amp Pioneer Elite PD-65...
  22. bsam8

TU-9500 back and loving it

Way to go Guy, that's one nice tuner you got there!!! :thmbsp:
  23. bsam8

New Pioneer Link

Saw your collection Siamac, way to go!!! :thmbsp:
  24. bsam8

new baby at home, literally!!!

Congrats on the baby girl!! I sure you're gonna be one proud papa. As far as receiver goes, there are number of very good Vintage receivers out there, I'm pretty sure plenty of guys here in Ak can give you their recommendations. For me- Pioneer SX-xx50 or SX-xx80 series receivers... just...
  25. bsam8

Crooner's New Baby!

Crooner, Congrats on the SX-1980, She looks awesome!! What happened to your SX-1080? Wel anyway, Enjoy :thmbsp:
Back
Top Bottom