Search results

1. Vintage Bert

Speaker suggestions

What speaker questions ring about as ranged as what lighting is the best... depends if your are getting a skin cancer check, on a date with an ugly person or out with buddies and a super model... Klipschs tend to be noted for their high efficiency and "sharp to bright sound" The older JBL...
  2. Vintage Bert

New "Solid State" Racks...speakers always changing

The Main sitting rig... kinda two sets in one. Sounds pretty sweet running through the Denons or alternatively through the NAD pre and Rotel Power. Currently running the LS3/5's , Large Advents and JBL L100 Centuries
  3. Vintage Bert

Tuner volume low, all the rest fine.. Rotel Rx-402

Just finished cleaning everything, deoxit fiesta. Bias set to spec as per service manual. Somewhere along the line the fm output dropped to about 50%. Aux and phono section still running great. Any ideas appreciated.
  4. Vintage Bert

Will two speaker sets in parallel overload an amp?

And lots of the car subs run at 2 ohm and 1 ohm depending on the connection wiring and whether dual or single voicecoil and how they are set up... best bet.. find a powered sub at the thrift store or buy a disposable amp for your kicker before it is your "cooker"
  5. Vintage Bert

Hello Mr. Beej. Busy struggling with reassembly of PL-8,,, I bet you can guess which...

Hello Mr. Beej. Busy struggling with reassembly of PL-8,,, I bet you can guess which reallignment issues have me somewhat stumped. Wondering if you are still the guru of a guide to such issues. My email is brettgabelman@gmail.com
  6. Vintage Bert

Vancouver BC / Lower mainland deal alerts

Is it just me or is the platter on the turntable exceptionally "high". Looks like the tonearm is actually angled up to reach. May be an artifact of photo angle or maybe just some peculiar design feature. Interesting either way.
  7. Vintage Bert

Technics SB-8000 thoughts, impressions and reasonable price to pay?

Trying to read german review is a bonus...
  8. Vintage Bert

Think I may jump on them. They look like very capable speakers construction wise. Havent ever seen the 10000's so these may be next best option.
  9. Vintage Bert

Have a chance to pick a pair of these behemoths for $400. Wondering if they are worth the moula and if anyone has any familiarity (ie. any previous/current owners of these?). I am looking for something in this size/power range for a neo-vintage set. Thanks
  10. Vintage Bert

Stylus suggestion for my V15 Type IV

I went with the JICO SAS and haven't looked back. Takes a bit to ship but worth the wait imho. Seems to be lots of discussion on the quality of the "new" Ed Saunders styli. I use an old one on my Type III and like the way it sounds so yeah, that might be worth a shot if so inclined as well.
  11. Vintage Bert

Philips PU 350B Semi-auto direct drive looking for info

Just picked up this Philips TT at local thrift store. The Azden YM-P50VL cartridge and nice original stylus made the $20 price seem too good to resist. Now only issue is I can't find any info on the tt itself. Looking for a schematic or similar model, it needs a little work on the cueing...
  12. Vintage Bert

The New Stack

The new stack is hooked up and running! NAD C162 pre Denon POA 2400 power Sonneteer Bronte CD ADC One Ten Equalizer Onkyo CP1260 F with Shure V15 Type IV Into Boston Acoustic A400's Vintage Bert Stack by Vintage Bert posted Dec 4, 2015 at 7:26 PM
  13. Vintage Bert Stack

Vintage Bert Stack

Stack New
  14. Vintage Bert

My first system

Set up looks great man! Rock it out and enjoy it. I don't think I ever had a stereo I couldn't find a time love. That one looks awesome with the new lights.
  15. Vintage Bert

What causes this kind of... Groove destruction?

Can't say what caused that but am willing to guess it would come under the heading of serious mishandling. I generally refer to that record class as "craftable" ie. suitable for craft projects having 0% chance of contacting any functioning stylus. If you have a local cliff, a 12 guage and a...
  16. Vintage Bert

Enjoying Life

Enjoying Life
  17. Vintage Bert

anyone want a pair of bose 301 version 1 in walnut with metal stands for 50$ pair on local site (not CL) Pretty much in need of a fair bit of work. This is NOT a BOSE endorsement either... just saw them and thought someone might like a project.
  18. Vintage Bert

Good point hunter, they are just "better" grade crossovers than the "average", the coils are copper strip vs the more typical wound wire, and the capacitors are of the variety that solen.ca ask an arm, leg and first born in exchange for. In the sum, I see they are liquidating their whole...
  19. Vintage Bert

The crossovers alone worth damn near the aaking price... the speakers are a bonus
  20. Vintage Bert

and since I cant get wife authorization to buy these... I will post the ad here for a killa pair.. http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/msg/5330680594.html and if anyone local gets these I want to listen to them, the crossovers alone often sell for more than the price.. together with altec 604e...
  21. Vintage Bert

Bet the race is already on... JBL C53 with with full range LE14c and original x-overs http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/ele/5334611948.html fresh ad.. (3hrs)
  22. Vintage Bert

Look at what I just got!

Nice table Andrew! Have visited the shop a few times now but seems schedules rarely cross. Maybe see ya on Nov. 15 at Vinyl Fair.
  23. Vintage Bert

Affordable Iconic Speakers of the 1980s

Had to throw this in to demonstrate the difference the room makes in the aesthetic; had this pair of Akai's circa 80's-90's in my classroom and sold them to a guy that then sent me the picture of them in his place... oh what a difference! They certainly look iconic and vintage IMHO in is setting...
  24. Vintage Bert

Speaker ID - Mach Series (Not Realistic)

Sarcastic Cheeky Comment to follow: Do used Carvers come in any other condition ? :thmbsp:
Back
Top Bottom