Search results

1. rdaufan

Just a Simple Set Up

Thanks, Lavane. The cubes are from Amazon and not very good quality. After you assemble, make sure you lift, hold from underneath, otherwise they will not stay together...
  2. 20210527_143748

20210527_143748

3. rdaufan

Just a Simple Set Up

Fisher 400 (refurbished), Pro-Ject Turntable, Q tower speakers, Def Tech Sub....and some vinyl...what could be better!:)
  4. rdaufan

Added external ribbon tweeter

Wish we had some in Nashville. Not much but a Best Buy.
  5. rdaufan

Added external ribbon tweeter

I recently purchased a set of Q Audio speakers after reading some good reviews. I was previously running a set of Martin Logan Motion 40 bookshelves. I loved the ribbon tweeters in the Martin Logans but wanted a bigger sound since these speakers are in a large room and serve as both my...
  6. rdaufan

Dual Custom Plinth just completed

Thank you for the compliment. Here's one from a little bit higher angle as well as my Fisher receiver. It's in a cabinet that does not allow much of a top shot.
  7. rdaufan

So I just swapped out cartridge headshell from my other Dual (1226) to this 1242. The cartridge sits at a lower angle as "Notransistors" indicated it should. Maybe it's the placebo effect, but it seems to sound better!
  8. rdaufan

I ordered some aluminum feet from ebay (China). https://www.ebay.com/itm/4PCS-40-10mm-Aluminum-Speaker-Isolation-Mat-DAC-Turntable-CD-Amplifier-Feet-Pad/201253659195?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
  9. rdaufan

I wondered if the cartridge mounting plate on this one was incorrect and had been replaced. This is a 1242. Not sure it should have the S/M dial. I might remove the mounting plate and mount directly to the headshell...is that what you would recommend or should I look at getting a different...
  10. rdaufan

That's kinda cool....I did not know that either. Thanks for the info!
  11. rdaufan

Thank you. I wish the Dual logo was black and silver, but it is solid brass. I have a Fisher 400 so the Silver and Gold kind of matches up with it nicely.
  12. rdaufan

Finished up building this plinth from solid cherry I had lying around. I cut a groove and added a strip of aluminum which gives it a little bit of the look of a Thoren. Ordered the Dual logo badge from a guy in Russia and took about 2 months to get it. Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it...
  13. rdaufan

Dual Turntable - Periodic Loud Hum

I've used Deoxit on both my headshell contact pins and sled pins- I may try polishing to see if that eliminates it. What is the muting switch?
  14. rdaufan

Dual Turntable - Periodic Loud Hum

I am running a Dual 1242 with a Fisher 400. Sometimes (random) while listening to an album, a sudden loud hum starts. I can turn off the turntable and restart it, and usually, the hum will be gone. It does this maybe 1 time for every 7 times I listen to vinyl. I have cleaned my RCA plugs...
  15. rdaufan

Connecting 2 recevelivers to 1 Sub

I have both a Fisher 400 and a newer Pioneer AV Receiver connected to my front speakers routed through an A/B Switch. I was wondering if it would do any damage to either receiver or a powered sub to have my Fisher connected to the sub through the speaker (high) level and the Pioneer connected...
  16. rdaufan

Lucked out on my first tube amp

Any reason to replace the top can capacitors if I'm not having any issues? I saw the "Hayseed" ones on eBay, but I don't want to replace unless it is a good safety or sound upgrade. Thanks!
  17. rdaufan

Lucked out on my first tube amp

So I made the jump into the vintage tube world and purchased a Fisher 400. It looked nice and clean in the photos, but when I received it my expectations were exceeded. I did put some elbow grease into cleaning it up even more, did the capacitor restoration, and have since done some tube...
  18. rdaufan

Fisher 400 Headphone Jack Issues

Thanks, Dave. Swapped the wiring and working correctly.
  19. rdaufan

Fisher 400 Headphone Jack Issues

I recently replace the headphone jack on my Fisher 400 because it had become separated and loose. After replacing with a generic plug, the balance was opposite (i.e. move balance to left channel and coming out of right and vice versa). I assumed I wired it incorrectly, although I took pics of...
  20. rdaufan

Fisher 400 Multiplex tube light question

When tuned into a strong stereo station, the beams are visible and strong, but after a few moments they disappear completely. If I touch the tuning knob, they sometimes come back. Are they suppose to constantly be visible if tuned to a strong FM station? Thanks.
  21. rdaufan

Fisher 400 Multiplex tube light question

On my 400, after tuning in to a station, my multiplex tube light turns off after a few seconds and does not come back on while I tune to another station. Is this normal?
  22. rdaufan

Thoughts on Fisher 400 Output Tubes

Thanks. Do you see any issue with the mismatched tubes? Should I place both of the Fisher's in the Left or Right and the mismatched in the other channel, or do you think it is okay to leave them as is? Thanks again.
  23. rdaufan

Thoughts on Fisher 400 Output Tubes

I recently acquired a Fisher 400, which is my first tube receiver. Besides the recommended repairs, I wanted to get thoughts on the output tubes. The 2 outer are Fisher (original?) and the 2 inner have been replaced with a RCA (right inner) and one with the manufacture name rubbed off. The...
  24. rdaufan

Pioneer TX-500 Tuner help

Sure didn't- I'll give it a try. Thanks for the tip. WDE
  25. rdaufan

Pioneer TX-500 Tuner help

The only thing I see that looks like a possible issue is on the tuner, there is a screw missing?? At least it looks like a screw should be here.
Back
Top Bottom