Search results

1. rdaufan

Just a Simple Set Up

Fisher 400 (refurbished), Pro-Ject Turntable, Q tower speakers, Def Tech Sub....and some vinyl...what could be better!:)
  2. rdaufan

Added external ribbon tweeter

I recently purchased a set of Q Audio speakers after reading some good reviews. I was previously running a set of Martin Logan Motion 40 bookshelves. I loved the ribbon tweeters in the Martin Logans but wanted a bigger sound since these speakers are in a large room and serve as both my...
  3. rdaufan

Dual Custom Plinth just completed

Finished up building this plinth from solid cherry I had lying around. I cut a groove and added a strip of aluminum which gives it a little bit of the look of a Thoren. Ordered the Dual logo badge from a guy in Russia and took about 2 months to get it. Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it...
  4. rdaufan

Dual Turntable - Periodic Loud Hum

I am running a Dual 1242 with a Fisher 400. Sometimes (random) while listening to an album, a sudden loud hum starts. I can turn off the turntable and restart it, and usually, the hum will be gone. It does this maybe 1 time for every 7 times I listen to vinyl. I have cleaned my RCA plugs...
  5. rdaufan

Connecting 2 recevelivers to 1 Sub

I have both a Fisher 400 and a newer Pioneer AV Receiver connected to my front speakers routed through an A/B Switch. I was wondering if it would do any damage to either receiver or a powered sub to have my Fisher connected to the sub through the speaker (high) level and the Pioneer connected...
  6. rdaufan

Lucked out on my first tube amp

So I made the jump into the vintage tube world and purchased a Fisher 400. It looked nice and clean in the photos, but when I received it my expectations were exceeded. I did put some elbow grease into cleaning it up even more, did the capacitor restoration, and have since done some tube...
  7. rdaufan

Fisher 400 Headphone Jack Issues

I recently replace the headphone jack on my Fisher 400 because it had become separated and loose. After replacing with a generic plug, the balance was opposite (i.e. move balance to left channel and coming out of right and vice versa). I assumed I wired it incorrectly, although I took pics of...
  8. rdaufan

Fisher 400 Multiplex tube light question

On my 400, after tuning in to a station, my multiplex tube light turns off after a few seconds and does not come back on while I tune to another station. Is this normal?
  9. rdaufan

Thoughts on Fisher 400 Output Tubes

I recently acquired a Fisher 400, which is my first tube receiver. Besides the recommended repairs, I wanted to get thoughts on the output tubes. The 2 outer are Fisher (original?) and the 2 inner have been replaced with a RCA (right inner) and one with the manufacture name rubbed off. The...
  10. rdaufan

Pioneer TX-500 Tuner help

I picked up a tuner to match a SA-500 amp that I have and hooked it up. With the tuner, I'm getting much less volume on the left channel. When I turn the MPX noise filter on, it helps balance it out, but still not anywhere close. I've swapped inputs to the AUX on the amp and no change. ...
  11. rdaufan

SX-1000 finished up

Finally replaced my lamps, which was the last step in getting this bad boy wrapped up. Luckily this was in need of very little...pot cleaning, lamps, overall cleaning. Now I am trying to decide which one I prefer, this or a SX-727 that I have done the same on (although the previous owner must...
  12. rdaufan

SX 1000TW vs. TD

So I have recently acquired a 1969 SX 1000TW in really good condition. Some minor clean up and it is working very well. Pic attached. Just prior to this, I acquired a 1970 SX 1000TD, that I discovered had a bad volume pot. I have replaced the pot and it is working as it should now, but...
  13. rdaufan

SA-500 Rt channel distortion- Please help

I recently purchased this receiver and cleaned outside and inside. The volume knob was producing quite a bit of static, so I removed all knobs and cleaned the contacts. This took care of the issue. Sounds great except for one thing. The rt channel is apparently producing a buzz/distortion...
Back
Top Bottom