Search results

1. boostedb18

Sony PSX70 Auto cue issues

too late :) I recapped it. Now the tonearm always moves to the center and stops does not cue. before the recap it would sometimes move to almost the center or sometimes the edge of the record and pulsate. . Just noticed the tower lamp is out. Not sure if it was the whole time or not. is that...
  2. boostedb18

This board it a bit more complicated then the last one I recapped. Should I start with c101 and c102? Or are there caps actually in the power supply?
  3. boostedb18

Thanks Harolda. Starting to suspect its the IC. The tonearm now sometimes goes all the way to the center and sometimes gets to the edge of the record and pulsates . If i use the arm transport and cue myself the auto return doesnt work.. I think i know the answer. But what are the chances of...
  4. boostedb18

HI guys, Just picked up this PSX75. It is in amazing shape, from the original owner. While i was looking at it the auto function stopped working. The tonearm moves to almost center then returns. I suspect the LEDs, However if no record is on the platter the tonearm travels to just the edge of...
  5. boostedb18

Rescued a pair of Technics SB 100s....

So ive taken them all apart cleaned and once again made sure all was in phase. Still poor bass response. Moved them upstairs to a small room and as far as bass goes my mission 770s blow them away. they sound even more harsh and bright in a smaller room. could it just be the woofers i bought? I...
  6. boostedb18

Hi guys. Thanks for all the comments. Sorry it took so long to reply, I was out of town for work. Just got home double checked. Everything is phased correctly. Hooked up the just the woofer on the back. (Yes I moved the harness). Here is a short video. Something must be up with the x over. Let...
  7. boostedb18

Double checked. All seems connected correct. If I may ask What do you have the gain at on your crossover for mids and highs? What else would you check? Another observation, with the gain set to zero on the crossover. I’m getting more mid than bass out of the woofer...
  8. boostedb18

So its been a year and i finally got the original woofers from japan. I used a site called from-japan as my proxy and im amazed at how great they were. Obviously i was excited to hear these babys sing. Popped the woofers in and turned up some Beatles. I had the selectors for the mid and tweets...
  9. boostedb18

220v JVC QL-y66 for use in Canada possible?

Yup thats what i did. Finally gave it a listen and im super happy. Now i just gotta pick a Cartridge for this bad boy. Any suggestions under $1000? for sure MC, Grados are out. The Sonota was my last MC purchase and i cant say i enjoyed it...
  10. boostedb18

Yup I did, just got the player and Its a Japan 100v. not 220v as i had assumed Can i just plug it in?
  11. boostedb18

Yup. I miss read the post. Thought he said there would be an issue with Hertz. Thanks for the help guys, Now i just gotta wait for the mailman :)
  12. boostedb18

Anyway to check online for this model? If i buy it, its gonna be shipped so i cant check for myself. I did a few google searches and couldn't find anything. I see step downs chang volatge but not Hertz. Is that accurate?
  13. boostedb18

I want to buy this TT but im a bit worried about the fact that its a 220v. Ive read all the stuff on step down transformers and now im hesitant on buying it. Do i need a step down for this table? Is it gonna cause me any grief? Anyone with any experience on this, i would love your input. Thanks :)
  14. boostedb18

Luxman C02 Pre Phono stage issues...

Yup always hissing. Even without TT plugged into input. Does not change with Input plugged in regardless of cart mounted. its not noise floor as the sound goes away on the MM setting. Only on the MC setting and gets louder each step towards MC Low. Mc low having the worst amount of noise Ill...
  15. boostedb18

Yup both Yup all 3 p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; min-height: 14.0px} WHen checking solder joints they look ok but my eye is pretty un trained... Any way to check with a Multi meter?
  16. boostedb18

Its there regardless if something is plugged in or not. I just find it really strange that its just on the MC setting. I moved stuff around, changed plugs. No dice. Its an annoying sound too, Its like listening to a blank tape. Hiss noise.
  17. boostedb18

Hi Guys, any idea what could be causing noise on the phono section of this preamp? With nothing plugged into it makes static noise only on the MC settings, Getting progressively worse from MC high to MC low. MM is quiet so are all other inputs. Thoughts? Advice? Thanks :)
  18. boostedb18

cambridge audio CXN.... WIFI Woes

Just got this CXN and its wifi keeps dropping out. SIgnal is amazing and then goes to zero. Sometimes it makes fax machine noise when it does playback. Sent their support an email. Hopefully there is a simple solution as i have tried everything for the last 2 days to make it work. No luck...
  19. boostedb18

Should be 30mm or about 12" I hooked em up. And all works, mostly. There is some static when I turn up the volume, I'm starting to think I'm gonna tear them right down and do a serious clean. Hopefully the horns come apart east and I can get access to all nooks and crannies. These things were...
  20. boostedb18

I think bastardizing is my only option. If I ever come across the originals I would eventually replace whatever I put in. But for now, I'll take what will sound good or hopefully better than stock. Got any suggestions? Saw those. It's not a valid auction. Unfortunately.
  21. boostedb18

All measured at 5.2 except the tweeter in the speak with the missing sub was 7.0.
  22. boostedb18

What should the resistance values be? Do you know by chance? Should they all read 8ohms?
  23. boostedb18

Awesome!! that's perfect. So next thing would be, I haven't tested them yet to see if the horns work. Is there anyway they might damage my amp? How do I make sure that doesn't happen?
  24. boostedb18

Is solan in Canada?
Back
Top Bottom