Search results

1. boostedb18

Sony PSX70 Auto cue issues

HI guys, Just picked up this PSX75. It is in amazing shape, from the original owner. While i was looking at it the auto function stopped working. The tonearm moves to almost center then returns. I suspect the LEDs, However if no record is on the platter the tonearm travels to just the edge of...
  2. boostedb18

220v JVC QL-y66 for use in Canada possible?

I want to buy this TT but im a bit worried about the fact that its a 220v. Ive read all the stuff on step down transformers and now im hesitant on buying it. Do i need a step down for this table? Is it gonna cause me any grief? Anyone with any experience on this, i would love your input. Thanks :)
  3. boostedb18

Luxman C02 Pre Phono stage issues...

Hi Guys, any idea what could be causing noise on the phono section of this preamp? With nothing plugged into it makes static noise only on the MC settings, Getting progressively worse from MC high to MC low. MM is quiet so are all other inputs. Thoughts? Advice? Thanks :)
  4. boostedb18

cambridge audio CXN.... WIFI Woes

Just got this CXN and its wifi keeps dropping out. SIgnal is amazing and then goes to zero. Sometimes it makes fax machine noise when it does playback. Sent their support an email. Hopefully there is a simple solution as i have tried everything for the last 2 days to make it work. No luck...
  5. boostedb18

Rescued a pair of Technics SB 100s....

finally got my dream speakers. Hope it doesn't turn into a nightmare. They were posted online in a nearby small town. I couldn't believe it. He was asking what the value would be for a mint set, so I assumed they were in good shape. Turns out he buys storage lockers and had never hooked them up...
  6. boostedb18

Yamaha Px-2 with auto return disabled?

HI guys. About to buy a Px-2 i have been wanting one of these for a while. However this particular PX-2 Has the auto return "disabled". That was done by the previous owner because it would trigger early on newer records with larger gaps between songs. This has me a bit worried. I want it to work...
  7. boostedb18

Polk Monitor 10s and more power?

Picked up some monitor 10s. I have read that they like power. I Usually like to listen at fairly low volume( about a quarter turn of the dial) on my Marantz 2235. Would I notice a change with more power? I was using it to drive my Mission 770s and the polks have way more detail but lack the...
  8. boostedb18

PSB 50mkII woofer replacement

just got these psb speaks. But one of the woofers is toast. Any recommendations I where to get em? Also I know they're 6ohm speakers so I would guess I need 6ohm woofers? Thanks :)
  9. boostedb18

Anyone Running a Sony biotracer TT? Arm return question...

Just got this PS-X600. I bought it just for the V15 cart that was on it and was amazed at how good it sounds and works. My first Sony TT and i must say, I would have left it on the shelf had it not been for the v15, Now it might be my favourite new toy :) However there seems to be one issue or...
  10. boostedb18

ADC Cart interchange

Have 3 ADC carts. 1 has a qlm30 Mark III stylus, its the only good one. The ADC Q321 is bent and the ELM Mk1 is just plain broken. Before i order new stylus' for the 2 i wanted to test them with the Mark III stylus, Looks like they swap over but dont want to wreck anything. Also there is no...
  11. boostedb18

Left channel on Phono only Dead :( Marantz 2235

Went to play a record on my favourite amp and the left channel was dead. Switched RCAs and same thing, left chan dead. So the TT is Putting out 2chan, Tape comes in clear on both chan and same with radio. SO its gotta be in the Phono section. Ive never opened this amp up, its been so good to me...
  12. boostedb18

Baby 2015 Volume pot. How much trouble am i in?

Just got a 2015 and i cleaned it up, changed the bulbs then went to clean the pots and as soon as i sprayed deoxit in the pot it seized up. Set in concrete wont turn seized. Is there anyway to salvage this? Penetrating oil? that would be my only guess. Failing that where do you think i can find...
  13. boostedb18

Small Body Marantz 2015 tuner strength bulb replacement

Hi Guys, Just swapped out the 4 bulbs behind the tuner face. Looks like there is another fuse style bulb behind the tuner meter just not sure how to get to it without potentially causing some harm. My question is weather or not what i see is correct? is that a fuse style bulb in there? because...
  14. boostedb18

Using ENDUST spray to clean records?

Ive been researching RCMs, trying to justify spending the money on a seemingly good deal for a VPI and while watching comparison videos on you tube came across an intresting comment.... "Buy a can of Endust, the red can, it contains no wax. Spray on a soft cloth cloth, wipe the record. That's...
  15. boostedb18

My Mitsu Lt5V project just showed up....

came in the mail today. Got it on that auction site said it had "tracking issues" what it didn't say is the centre shaft was broken off :( what do I do now? Also the "tracking issue" was the broken gear causing the tonearm not to move. For sure this should have Been called a non working unit...
  16. boostedb18

What is burned here? Luxman LV 117

Had a fuzzy channel on this amp. Just pulled it out of storage. Haven't used it in over 2 years. Opened it up and saw this... Do I replace the pink resistors? Or the flat black things on top. If it's the flat black things what are they? Lol. I have the service manual but am pretty bad at...
  17. boostedb18

Benz Micro Glider Opinions

I have the opportunity to exchange my Grado Sonata HO plus some cash for a Benz Micro Glider MC. Its used but in good shape about 500hrs time on it. Haven't heard one and anything ive read seems that its a lateral move. Any opinions ?This is it
  18. boostedb18

Direct drive table sometimes wont get up to speed. Where to start?

Looking at a DD luxman that "work sometimes, needs assistance to reach full speed at other times." Its not local so i cant check it out myself. Would you say this could catastrophic like a motor? or relatively simple like caps or speed pots? I know its almost impossible to guess, So i guess my...
  19. boostedb18

How to know if a generic headshell will work for a tonearm?

I just got another Mitsu LT-5V that i won on that auction site. I came across it with 2mins left in the auction and panic bid it, so didn't really read the description. Im still happy with the purchase but it doesn't come with a headshell. I have one on my current LT5v, it looks and mounts like...
  20. boostedb18

Just got an RT909 :) but there's an issue :(

Just got the deck I've been looking for, well forever. It works great but there is a clunk once every revolution. The tape seems to move a bit. Almost like a flat spot. Checked the Hub adaptor. Seems ok. But what it's attached to seems to be moving a bit. Any ideas? Edit. Just watched closely...
  21. boostedb18

Pre amp setting for Sonota 1 h.o?

Trying to figure out the best setting for the grado Sonota hi output. This pre has 4 settings. MC High,mid,low. And of course MM. It's sounds good yet different on all settings. What would you recommend for this cart? While I'm asking questions For as long as I've had this pre if I was using a...
  22. boostedb18

What's with the Yentel soundtrack? Did everyone own it?

maybe this happens to other people with other albums. Everytime I buy a large lot of lp's there's always at least 1 copy of the Yentel sound track. It's like this album is stalking me lol. Anyway. Just seeing if I'm the only one.
  23. boostedb18

Hum when needle off record. Bad tone arm wire?

Just set up a friends Lux TT. Sounds great when needle is on the vinyl. If the volume is at 12 o'clock you can hear a hum as soon as you lift the needle. No hum with rca's unplugged. No hum on run out groove. Ground wire is hooked up. Leads are tight and connected correctly. Thoughts? I'm...
  24. boostedb18

Using regular .00 scale possible?

Setting up a table for my friend. Forgot my stylus force scale. He's got a gold scale that measures to .00. Seems accurate. If I match it to playing hight just outside the platter. Will it do the trick?
  25. boostedb18

My new "lack rack" :)

Decided to build a lack rack I saw online. My old one looked nice but was way too unstable. It was cheap, super easy to build and actually really stable What you guys think?
Back
Top Bottom