Search results

1. D

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I guess the donation bug has been hitting people hard lately. In the past few weeks I've scored a few nice deals at the Goodwill and flea markets. I'm also into guitars so this will include my finds there. Epiphone Special II at a flea for 15 Ibanez RG 220B at a flea for 25 Both guitars...
  2. D

Browsing through a couple flea markets this past weekend seemed to pay off. At one I came across an Epiphone Special II LE needing a cleaning and strings with a decent gig bag for 20, and a Line 6 Spider IV 30 for 30. At the other there was a clean out guy getting rid of his stock, cheap. I...
  3. D

Technics SL-D202 Auto Return issue

I purchased an SL-D202 a few years back that looked pristine but had a few issues: the platter would spin whenever it was powered on, and the auto return did not work. Also, speed would fluctuate, but that was due to the pitch control needing a good cleaning. So I opened it up, cleaned all...
  4. D

Installing tascam us125 on imac running Yosemite

I just picked up my first apple product, a 2012 imac 27" 3.4 ghz 16gb ram with 250gb ssd system drive and a 1tb storage hdd. I was trying to connect my tascam us125 usb audio interface. It shows in the devices as a usb audio hub but no sound is passing through. As a total mac noob what am I...
  5. D

2011 imac 27" what's it worth?

So i took the plunge and am replying on the "new" Mac right now. Overall very pleased, but after 25 years of DOS and 'Dows there is a bit of a learning curve. Mostly in the file structure. And installing devices. Otherwise I believe this will work out very well.
  6. D

Thanks. I was seeing 2.7 i5 online for more so I figured this was a no lose deal. When I found out logic and pro tools and ableton live came with licenses it sealed the deal for me. Just need an ilok now.
  7. D

I have the opportunity to purchase a 2011 imac 27 3.4ghz I7 with 16 gb ram, 250gb ssd and 1tb hdd. It comes loaded with full license versions of logic pro x, pro tools 10 and 11. I am not a mac guy, but this seems too good to pass. It is local, so no shipping and it is from a home music studio...
  8. D

Denon AVR-1909 sub out help needed

First thing I did was reset the unit. Then I went into the menu and turned thr sw on and set it to lfe+main. I have read that with the polk psw on some receivers you need to use bare wire because it doesnt read the line level very well. It worked fine using tape out on all my receivers including...
  9. D

Denon AVR-1909 sub out help needed

I picked up this avr1909 to get my tv system into the 21st century. Before I was running my onkyo tx4500 into advent prodigy towers and polk audio rt25i with tape out into a polk psw120 sub. Using the denon I cannot get the sub out to work over the single dedicated sub out rca jack, but it still...
  10. D

Technics SL-D202 Auto-return mechanism malfunction! Help!

I don't like rehashing dead threads but I have the same problem. I did the same thing the OP did, cleaned with den alcohol and a small brush and rag, then let it sit overnight. In the morning I greased all the moving parts with white lithium. First time it worked. Then I used the stop button and...
  11. D

sld202 turntable

There is an auto return adjustment screw at the base of the tonearm. The manual can be found here. http://www.vinylengine.com/library/technics/sl-d202.shtml
  12. D

What Polk powered sub is this?

I picked up a powered polk sub along with 2 rt15i speakers for next to nothing but I cannot id the sub. I'd like to get a manual but I don't know which to download. It's a down firing 6.5" with dual ports on the rear. Any ideas? Pics below.
  13. D

Rate YOUR Speakers You Own Right NOW.

I have a few pairs that have all been thrift finds. From best to worst they are: Optimus T120 Wharfedale Glendale XP2 Advent prodigy tower Polk rt15i Pioneer spbs22lr I have others but for my use these are the best.
  14. D

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

The FCC closed out the 700 mhz range several years ago. A lot of us had to ditch some not so old gear. Luckily the more reputable companies like Shure and Sennheiser offered fair trade in value on the gear.
  15. D

Pro pio cdj's. Good for home use?

As I prepare to purge some of my unused dj equipment, I wanted to get some opinions on whether I should keep 1 or 2. Currently my main system is using a Pioneer PDR -555RW and my living room system has a sony cdp-c601es. Each one serves a purpose besides cds. The pio is a recorder for vinyl...
  16. D

Cheap poly fill

In the dj world, one of the cheap easy mods we use is to stuff the cabs with poly fill from a cheap pillow. Anyone ever try this with home speakers? It does work, basically keeping the bass from 'leaking' out of the back and tightening the lower frequencies.
  17. D

SL-D20 auto return not working

Thanks. Worked.
  18. D

SL-D20 auto return not working

I have a workhorse d20 which has been a road warrior for quite some time. Lately the auto return feature no longer works. I've cleaned the old grease and relubed with white lithium. The stop button works fine so the mechanics are working. I am stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  19. D

Receiver and Amp nudies! Post them if ya got them!

Here they are
  20. D

Receiver and Amp nudies! Post them if ya got them!

Technics SA-5150. Super clean and simple. Oops. Tapatalk will not let me upload. I will have to do it from my pc.
  21. D

Show us your Technics stuff

Here's my sa-5150. Almost virgin, she didn't get much use. I preferred the features (more tape/aux, preout for a jvc seas eq) and power of my kr77 and tx-4500. But its a beautiful unit in almost new condition so I am hesitant to part with it. I included some nudes cuz I know you delinquents like...
  22. D

Oops forgot the pics
  23. D

New thrift find sl-d2 testing. Sitting on top of old faithful sld20. Have a matching twin to the d20, and an sa-5150 receiver packed away.
  24. D

It's been a bit of a "dj" weekend. Picked up a working but dirty cdj-30($20) and active scan 250 witb no bulb and a broken mirror($10) from the flea market yeaterday and today I pulled a sl-d2($25) from a gw right next door to a dave and busters where my family went for a party, 3 hours from...
Back
Top Bottom