Search results

1. awdiofile

Show me your rack!

The VTI BL series works fine for me.
  2. awdiofile

Vintage Vacuum Audio no more?

I sent Yves an email on Feb 26th, but still no answer. The MC30’s I purchased in October of 2017 are still going strong.
  3. awdiofile

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

A cool little band from West Virginia with a fresh sound.
  4. awdiofile

INSPIRE STEREO TUBE AMPLIFIER by DENNIS HAD

I own a couple of Dennis Had amps. The "Fire Bottle 2A3" SE and the EL84 SE. I was impressed with his choice of internal components (Jantzen Z-Caps, etc.) and the quality workmanship. I love the sound of both with efficient speakers, but I do prefer the 2A3 sound a little more.
  5. awdiofile

Looking for a tube amp but where to start?

@Poultrygeist, I totally agree. I own both a Dennis Had 2A3 SET and his EL84 SET. I have used either amp to easily play my custom Altec 414A 2-way system consisting of an Electro-Voice T35 tweeter mounted in point source configuration. The 414A's are rated 99 dB SPL and are not crossed over...
  6. awdiofile

Self Streaming

@The Shocker, how do these two services compare? Thanks
  7. awdiofile

Southern California Registry

Dale Pasadena Love all types of gear related to accurate audio reproduction... Marantz Model 1 copy (stereo config) by John Miller, McIntosh MC30's, McIntosh MC225, Dennis Had 2A3 SET, Dennis Had EL84 SET, SAE Mark XXVII, Scott Nixon 40w mono blocks, Altec 414A/EVT35 speakers, Wavetouch Audio...
  8. awdiofile

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

MX110Z full of NOS Telefunkens MC225 with NOS 1962 RCA 7591's and NOS Telefunkens Pair of fully restored C-8's with NOS Telefunkens and custom power supply. Pair of fully restored MC60's with NOS GE JAN 6550A's and NOS Telefunkens
  9. awdiofile

Lets See All Them Axes

Rare, but cool. A 1959 Gibson Les Paul Jr. Double Cutaway...all original.
  10. awdiofile

List of DACs Under $450

Recently I snagged an SMSL M8 DAC on Massdrop for $179. With DSD and 24-bit, it's been a stellar performer.
  11. awdiofile

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

I have two McIntosh rigs. Late 60's MX110z + MC225 and 50's C-8's with MC60's .
  12. awdiofile

Classic High-End Gear

Once you go vintage McIntosh tubes, you never go back.
  13. awdiofile

Your main program source?

I stream FLAC files from a QNAP NAS through an SMSL D8 DAC and send the analog to vintage McIntosh tube gear.
  14. awdiofile

My setup

What a sweet system. Thanks for sharing!
  15. awdiofile

Analog Addict's Altec Mancave System

Altec is the shizzle...PERIOD.
  16. awdiofile

I'm in Marantz Audio Heaven

Marantz faceplate styling is gorgeous.
  17. awdiofile

House Shaking!

Love those meters!
  18. awdiofile

My System: Something old, something new

I am running a QNAP NAS with (4) 3TB drives in a RAID1 configuration streaming FLAC files to a Logitech Squeezebox Touch set up as digital output only. From there I go into an SMSL D8 DSD DAC and send the analog output to a pair of vintage McIntosh C-8 tube preamps powered by a custom power...
  19. awdiofile

Little something I threw together

Nice system. I've owned the Transcendent Sound Grounded Grid preamp...excellent choice. I can tell you from my own experience, putting a couple of Mundorf Silver Gold caps in the Transcendent will take it to another level.
  20. awdiofile

New SMSL DSD DAC

I recently purchased an SMSL M8 through a Massdrop group purchase. The best $179 I ever spent for audio gear. I am streaming FLAC files from my QNAP RAID box to a Squeezebox Touch configured as a straight digital transport. From the SMSL M8 it feeds into my McIntosh MX110Z/MC225 rig. I...
  21. awdiofile

Today's JAZZ playlist

On this lazy Sunday afternoon: "Pyramid" - The Modern Jazz Quartet "You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To" - Art Pepper "Take Ten" - Paul Desmond "Scrapple From The Apple" - Blue Mitchell "Second Balcony Jump" - Dexter Gordon "Me And My Gin" - Dinah Washington "The Organ Grinder's Swing" -...
  22. awdiofile

Post your photography!!

Iphone 6 Plus
  23. awdiofile

Post your photography!!

1968 was a very good year...
  24. awdiofile

awdiofile's system

A combination of new and old school... 6TB QNAP RAID > FLAC files > Squeezebox Touch > SMSL M8 DSD DAC Thorens TD125 MKII with Shure SM3009 tonearm and Shure M95HE cartridge/stylus McIntosh MX110Z preamp/tuner/phono stage with an SAE Mark XVII graphic eq in the tape loop McIntosh MC225 amp Pair...
  25. awdiofile

What TT's do you folks have

I own a Thorens TD125MKII with Shure SME3009 tonearm and Shure M95HE cartridge/stylus.
Back
Top Bottom